main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Great America anyone?

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Bishop76, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I started this idea in another thread, but I figured I should maybe start it off on its own.

I just figured that it would really be a lot of fun to head down to Great America some time this summer as a group (possibly even fall if it takes that long to get it all together). I haven't been down there for a couple years and it looks like they have some really cool new rides.

Anyway, let me know if y'all are interested, otherwise just ignore me.

Jeff

2. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Good idea, we'll perhaps have to plan something later summer or early fall.

3. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    If you didn't know, Great America is charging $40 per person this year, which sucks! However, if we have a group of 20 or more people that price would go down. I suggest working with Chicago Force and Minnesota Force. It would be a good idea to meet up with other FanForces more often.. It's fun, meet more SW Fans, and brag about why we are the best.. .. hehe..

4. Bishop76

Apr 1, 2002
    Well, as long as the food down there is still reasonably priced, it should balance out the cost of admission.

Heh...

Jeff

5. jedi_kiss_rock_

jedi_kiss_rock_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    "sounds like fun, we should make our own lunches and have a tailgate lunch "party" , it would be alot cheaper. If it is nice out.

jedi kiss rock

6. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    I wanna go!

I want to have lots of greasy food, and then get sick!

Just kidding. I love to go on most rides-just not the upside down ones!
    It's like going thru an asteroid field with no shields on.

7. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
  8. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    There's a Coke can promotion going on in the area where you get a certain dollar amount off the admission. I have no clue the dates or the amounts. However, those going to see AotC next next weekend, should stop at a gas station and stockpile.

9. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I think I saw that promotion on Sprite cans locally, too, where it is $10 off. What the limitations were, though, I don't recall.

10. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    You can buy discount tickets from numerous places before and then you don't have to wait in line for tickets when you get there. Pick and Save sells them cheaper and we can get them from our Recreation Department for $33.50. I have season passes so I have coupons for certain days where a friend can get in free or half price for every one of my family that is present. It is free on Aug. 20,21 and 22 and half price on Sept. 21 and 22 and Oct. 5 and 6. I can bring a friend for half price any Wednesday in June but I normally work on that day. I would be willing to go almost any weekend in July through October. I can also go Mondays or Tuesdays.

11. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    By the way, there are Star Wars virtual reality games there and some neat games in the arcade for those true followers of the force. I, like Solo, am VG handicapped and play podracer by banging back and forth on the walls until I die.

12. yoda_boba

yoda_boba Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    GREAT AMERICA IS THE BESTEST PLACE! sorry for my 3 year old talk...but ME love Great America! ive gone there twice a summer every year since 3rd grade! id love for one of my trips to be with all of you...parents probably wont let me go...ill check...later, i be lazy now...i like doing 3 dots...HA...HA...whoops..sorry...ill...stop...

13. SkyJammer

SkyJammer Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    I haven't been to Great America in several years. Last time I went, it was like Tatooine -- dang hot. Got sick because of the heat. (And someone else had a peanut food allergic reaction, someone else got poked in the eye, oh, it was quite the day.)

I'd be up for a trip to Gurnee this summer; the only question is when, as this month, my weekends are kinda booked already, and July's lookin' to be another busy month. And I'm still trying to figure out how to get a SCUBA refresher course done in here somewhere, and it's not looking promising. [face_plain]

-SJ

14. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    Hey, let us Chicago people know when you're
    planning on coming. I have a favorite parking spot in the parking lot across the driveway by trees & picnic tables. Great for tailgating!

15. jedi_kiss_rock_

jedi_kiss_rock_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    "There ya go." Tailgaiting is sooooooooo fun dude. later

jedi kiss rock

16. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    I'm interested. Rides might not be cool for those of us who don't drive and have non SW-loving parents, though.

17. Bishop76

Apr 1, 2002
    I'm sure we can work out some carpooling thing - makes it cheaper for everyone to do that anyway.

Jeff

18. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Too bad there isn't a Star Tours closer than Orlando, FL or Orange County, CA.

19. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Okay, I was at G.A today (blue car of the Eagle was running backwards -- very cool), and I saw someone from the Milwookie Council there, and I can't remember his name! I'm hoping he'll see this thread and post! I wanted to talk to him after Batman the Ride, but I never saw him again after that. So dude, I'm sorry I couldn't talk to you more. I looked for you, but I was whipped after five. Left at seven. What a day. Anyhoo, hope you had a nice time.

And we definately have to do a group outing this year. Well, not definately. But if it would happen, it would be fun.

Kay. That's all I got today.

20. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I would love to go, depending on my cash situation. I just spent a good $150 in London and I'm buying a car in a couple weeks. I may not have $40 to spend!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.