main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Great as a whole, but a couple of things didn't fit.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Obitew, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obitew

Obitew Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    I loved the movie, but a couple of things didn't fit for me. Maybe someone caught something I didn't and can set me straight. For one thing in "The Return of the Jedi" Leah said she remembered bits and pieces of her mother. That couldn't happen when her mother died during birth. The second thing that I thought was a little out of place was the Death Star. Luke won't be ready for almost 20 years. Does it really take that long to build and be able to stay hidden for that long? The rebel forces had just learned of it and wanted to destroy it before it became operational when Luke joined the cause. I don't want to ruin anything for anyone and maybe I'm picking it apart a little to much. I definately enjoyed watching it and it tied a lot together which isn't an easy job to do.

I have to admit. I did not see Epidsode 4 after it had been enhanced. I have the originals and I have heard there were some small changes that I might be missing.

Strilo edit: ROTS threads go in the ROTS forum.

2. JediVincent

JediVincent Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    I totally agree with you on the Leia remembering her mom bit. I'd been wondering about that too. My only guess can be that she's remembering Bail's wife, thinking it's her mom. (As you do see Bail's wife in the end of ROTS, and they say they will love Leia like their own.) Anyone else know any better? As for the Death Star, people are saying it's a prototype in the end of ROTS.

3. Darth_Spartan

Darth_Spartan Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2005
    As far as the Leia thing, I think she's referring to her step mom or else Luke would of remembered Padme too.

The Death Star supposedy was being built in some Nebula system where the gases could hide it. I'm not sure exactly but it's in one of the books.

Another thing that doesn't fit: Episode 5 when Obi-Wan compares himself to Luke saying...

"Too impatient, he is" - Yoda
    "Was I any different when you taught me?" - Kenobi

Actually Obi-Wan you WERE different, you were a great padawan and you hated doing anything against the Council's orders. Also, Qui-Gon taught Kenobi, not Yoda.

4. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    Here we go again...

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/eballa1/beatingthehorse.gif]

5. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    Indeed we do... I humbly suggest you check out the CT forum for a long discussion on Leia remembering her mother.

6. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    "Too impatient, he is" - Yoda
    "Was I any different when you taught me?" - Kenobi

Actually Obi-Wan you WERE different, you were a great padawan and you hated doing anything against the Council's orders. Also, Qui-Gon taught Kenobi, not Yoda.

Obi-Wan is talking about the time when Yoda taught him as a youngling, before he became Qui-Gon's padawan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.