Canada Great Canadian TV Shows

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by cristalvandepol, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    TPB is probably the best (non)sitcom on TV today (not counting Cheers re-runs).
  2. cristalvandepol Force Ghost

star 5
    **** off Lahey !

I love that line. :p
  3. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    I hate to say a-toe-ta-so, but a-toe-ta-so. A ****in' a-toe-ta-so!

Randy owns Canadian TV :cool:
  4. Artimage Jedi Padawan

Stargate SG-1(can't believe no one has said this)
    The Collector
    First Wave
  5. tendra_217 Jedi Master

star 4
    The Hour - with George Stroumboulopoulos is my favourite show to watch right now
  6. Darko Jedi Knight

Trailer Park Boys for sure. I had never seen Corner Gas but when I seen Brett Butt (think thats his name) at the tusanmi relief concert, he just wasn't funny. Seemed like an ass to me.
  7. TVB1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Did anyone ever watch "Prisoners of Gravity" with (Comander)Rick Green or his newer show "Reality Bites" both shows amazingly educational and entertaining to boot...and speaking of boot (to the head) Four on the Floor with the Frantics or The Red Green Show (also staring Rick Green).
  8. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    Ya I remember PoG.

I actually had a chance to meet Rick Green in Niagara Falls at a con when he taped a few interview segments for the show. I wish it was still on. It was good to see "speculative" fiction and graphic novels taken as a serious subject.
  9. jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Master

star 4
    i agree w woofer, we even got that show in edmonton. In the summer we had book tv for free and they show PoG on that. We should find someone who gets that channel and have a PoG review!

However, the best in Canadian televison veiwing has to be Due South, Paul Gross is awesome, as Frasier and also in person, and both Rays were brilliant too. Not to mention that Paul Gross is also a spectacular singer and very nice to look at......
  10. TVB1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Now are we talking Fully Canadian or Mostly Canadian 'cause the first few seasons of X-Files were pretty cool.
  11. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    Found a good site about PoG.

Prisoners of Gravity

The page itself hasn't been updated since 2000, but do follow the Favourites/Best link and the Episode Guide link. The faves is a great recollection by one of the producers on the show, and just reading the Ep guide shows an amazing who's who of SF and comics.

I wonder if we can convince them to do a new version of the show. So much has changed in the genre in the past 10 years.
  12. TVB1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sweet idea Woofer, but only if Com. Rick hosts
  13. dooku-ca-choo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Prisoners of Gravity was shown out here in BC on the Knowledge Network. I loved that show because, at the time, it was the only place on TV that would even dare mention comics as something not just for kids. I remember the Bradbury and Gaiman interviews, but I didn't see the Eisner or Kirby ones. Man, I'd love to see those, as those are two of the greats of the medium and both have died in the intervening years.

Thanks for the link Woofer.
  14. dark_jedi32 Force Ghost

star 4
    Adventures in Rainbow Country!!!

its from like 1976 or something and my Uncle is in it.
  15. jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Master

star 4
    wasn't Dr. Snuggles canadian?

Also i was on a show called Popcorn Playhouse i think it was a local show in Edmonton :)
  16. Spiderfan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Anyone dare mention "Train 48" and I go "Ricky" on you!!
  17. Dango Jedi Knight

star 1
    Obviously Trailer Park Boys. But I must say MacGyver is pretty entertaining, I think Ricky and just the idea of MacGyver have to compete for the greater level of dumbness and stupidity.
  18. PadawanEmily Force Ghost

star 8
    Corner Gas
    AirFarce
    This Show has 20 minutes
    Trailer Park Boys
  19. cristalvandepol Force Ghost

star 5
    I could kill the people that are on Train 48. Damnit Global! It's a dumb show!!
  20. grey_starr Jedi Master

star 4
    Mutant X is growing on me... Though I still laugh at some of the locations they use, and how they use them... the fight on the Skywalk was killer (to me)...
  21. Sebulba2179 Force Ghost

star 4
    Two words:

Due South. :D

I got the DVD sets at Best Buy last month. DAMN, it is great to have that show back. :cool:
  22. cristalvandepol Force Ghost

star 5
    I love Due South!! They still show repeats on Showcase and I try to watch it whenever I can.

About Trailer Park Boys: They're acutally shooting a movie which will be a prequel of sorts. It'll be about when Ricky and Julian first move to the trailer park and they met up with Bubbles. I hope they have some sort of premiere in Halifax! That'd be awesome. :p

23. Pissenlit Jedi Knight

star 2
    ReGenesis
    Corner Gas
    Due South
    North of 60
    Road to Avonlea
    Emily of New Moon
  24. Minder Jedi Knight

star 3
    Forever Knight is my favorite (But im prolly biased) ;)

Due South was really good.

Stargate Atlantis
    Battlestar Galactica and
    Stargate SG1

are also really cool.
  25. Mert_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    You do know that those last three aren't Canadian though, right?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.