main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Great detail George.................

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by mattalgrand, Aug 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattalgrand

mattalgrand Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2003
    After watching AOTC, I noticed a clever detail in a character that I'm sure many people have already noticed.

I thought it was was pretty clever that though at first I was pissed off at how easily Jango Fett was killed by Mace (I mean where was the fight???), I soon realized George had cleverely pissed us fans off on purpose.

When ROTJ came out in 1983, the reaction from the audience on one particular scene was dismal and you have to admit, we all were a little disappointed when Boba Feet was killed by being knocked off a skiff by a BLIND Han, then falling into the pit of a monster.

ATOC>>>EASY DEATH FOR JANGO
    ROTJ>>>>EASY DEATH FOR BOBA

BOBA + JANGO THE MOST FEARED BOUNTY HUNTERS IN THE GALAXY.

BOBA + JANGO = SAME PERSON!

I thought that was a great character detail! Humourous. good. FUn.

SIDE NOTE: on commentary for ATOC, Lucas notes that when Jango walks back into the Slave I on Kamino after kicking the crap out of Ben, he bumps his head on the door as it closes down him.

This is similair to ANH when in the background, you see a STORM TROOPER bump his head. CLONE trooper = storm trooper = Jango = Boba~~~~!!

Great details!!!!

2. mattalgrand

mattalgrand Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2003
    May not be too great. But something, right?

3. WMCoolmon

WMCoolmon Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Jango Fett. The most feared bounty hunter in the universe, hired to be the sole template for a Clone army and on retainer for the leader of the second-most powerful faction in the galaxy - but he can't remember to duck his head when getting on board his own spacecraft.

Oh well. Even the best have their flaws.

4. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    yes but at least Jango got taken by the second strongest Jedi in the universe

Boba had a blind, scruffylooking nerfherder

5. ValinFett21

ValinFett21 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2003
    LOL. I liked the way Jango went out, getting decapitated by one of the greatest Jedi in the galaxy. I'm sure Boba's last scene would have been better if they had better special effects.

Side Note: Think about how many Jango/Boba Fetts have actually died during the course of the saga! Poor stormtroopers. Maybe by making Jango and Boba Fett such cool characters, GL shows how bad the Emperor is, sending thousands of 'Fetts' to get whipped by the Rebellion.

6. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Yeah, the 'Fetts' have been getting blasted left, right and centre really ;)

I like the little in-joke with Jango bopping his head, just because I always enjoyed the stormtrooper doing the same in ANH. It's probably my favourite blooper, next to the 'who ate all the pies?' guy on the left in TPM, with the ascention guns.

7. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.