main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Great Friends to Have -- (Disney Animated Quote) Part 2/2.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jun 11, 2017.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Great Friends to Have
    Author: WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    Notes: For the Disney Challenge.
    "How dare you! All of you! Standing around, deciding my future - I am not a prize to be won!" - Aladdin
    Characters: Ciera Venari -- OC, and others more familiar. :)

~~~~!!

Ciera was preparing for a mission, deep cover on one of the worlds where it was rumored cloning facilities were being utilized for nefarious purposes.

It was something she'd been prepping for for months, but she had misgivings. What if my cover is blown, she thought. What if I'm stymied and cannot or do not discover what I was sent to?

Her commanding officers in Intelligence had full confidence in her. She had infiltrated a troupe of dancers, thinly disguised as it turned out, since they were actually running contraband weapons. Her temporary bosses and clientele at some of the seedier clubs had treated her like so much merchandise. Her lithe grace and lovely violet eyes had captivated the latter.
    So often, Ciera wanted to blurt out:
    "How dare you! All of you! Standing around, deciding my future - I am not a prize to be won!"

Thankfully, that mission hadn't lasted too long & she had fended off the worst of the slime devils.

The only thing for it was to keep her wits and put her training to good use.
    She had a contact in Intelligence - a personal friend she could and would call in case something untoward occurred. And that friend was highly placed and had very influential friends of her own. With these allies unobtrusively backing her, Ciera felt a resurgence of confidence.

TBC...

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Nyota! So good to see you back! And with a new OC in Intelligence! Very cool. I look forward to possibly seeing more of Ciera Venari. Great use of the quote!

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Good to see you back at it, Nyota. :) Intriguing start here; I will be curious to see where Ciera's mission leads. Good on her for shaking off those sheevy sheevers, and may she keep it up! :cool:

4. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Welcome back, and what a great start! I am looking forward to seeing more of these characters!

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Good start! CanĀ“t wait to read more! :D

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Now, if that was not a fitting use of your quote, I do not know what is. [face_mischief]

I already love your Ciera, and look forward to where this tale takes her. She already has such verve and determination - even in the face of her self-doubts. Then, her job in intelligence? A deep under cover mission? You know I'm so in. :p :D [face_dancing]

=D=

7. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    A fun piece! We need more strong female characters.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great start and liking your new OC

9. Darth Osnil

Darth Osnil Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 29, 2016
    The placement of the quote was golden. I look forward to more.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the great reviews. :)

~~~!!!!

Vandell was a colleague from Borleias and he and Ciera were under cover as genetic researchers.

"Can you hack into this system?" He asked.

"Yes. I learned from Kailene Qorli, who learned from one of the best slicers from Baroli, name of Ghent -- works for Talon Karrde."

Vandell's eyes widened. "You run in interesting circles."

She laughed. "Short answer is yes." She said.

Dr. Kavan's data-tracks were proving to be interesting. Messages and encrypted documents and then they found some very intriguing discrepancies in the logs.

Vandell frowned. "I'll bet there's some gaps as well in his finances."

Ciera rolled her eyes. "Those tracks are probably better hidden but doubtless so. But what Intel is really interested in is the data-trail."

She copied the information onto a data-padd and secreted it away inside her satchel.

As Kailene had taught her, she erased all traces of their "search" and "dig."

"Do they also want us to get him to incriminate himself?" Vandell asked.

"The Director will be handling the interrogation per se. When he's confronted with our evidence, we'll see what explanations he's able to come up with."

Iella perused the data she had received from Ciera. "Interesting. It looks like Kavan was trying to enhance cognitive and other abilities to mimic Jedi powers using tech similar to cloning."

"Why?" asked Kailene.

"He was apparently selling it to organizations like Black Sun - though not them specifically - those in the Outer Rim, marginally and not so marginally legit."

Kailene observed: "I'm glad that the operation was curtailed then."

Iella agreed. "Ciera did such a good job on this mission I'm thinking of sending you two to the Unknown Regions to see what might be stirring out there."

Kailene's eyes widened. "Thank you, Ma'am!"

Iella smiled. "You've earned it."

Fini

+++++

AN: Kailene is an OC I have in an SWC thread. :cool:

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great story and like to see more with Kailene and Ciera

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Kailene and Cier, mushy!

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :oops: Should've clarified. Kailene is a female Barolian with amethyst eyes -- that's why she was able to attend university with Ghent. :cool: With those two in the Unknown Regions, eventually, who knows, they may fall for a couple of chiss ;) [face_laugh] I can't stop. [face_mischief]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    This jsut gets better and better!

15. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I really like Ciera the more we see of her. Looks like they got in and got the job done, with some very interesting conclusions. I can't wait to follow her adventures into the Unknown Regions. [face_thinking] :D

=D==D=

16. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Interesting development! So Kailene is a Barolian - you know I am fond of that particular group. And Ciera is a smarty, too. So they are trying to create clones with Jedi enhancements? Wow. What are they up to?

Vandell and Ciera are off to the Unknown Regions. This could get very dangerous for them, but they seem to be up for the challenge. Hope to see more soon!

17. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    More of this character, please! And hey, whoever attended uni with Ghent is daaaarn lucky. I'd hit that! [face_devil]

(Him, not her...)

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.