main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto GREAT GOOGA BOOGA!!! [ Evolution friday! ]

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TopGun2001, Jun 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TopGun2001

TopGun2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2001

EVOLUTION! Opening Friday!! Exclamation-points!!!

Anyway, i've just received SOOPER-SECKRIT INSIDER INFORMATION that'll it'll be playing at the Eglinton.

Who's up this Friday June 8th for what will definitely be the most EVORIFFIC and LUTIONTASTIC movie of the summer season?? :D

~MiKe~

2. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000

Rats. I really wanted to see this but neither Tragic and I can make it. Any way the viewing could be changed to Saturday?

3. TopGun2001

May 25, 2001

I couldn't come on Saturday :( :_|

4. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Hmmm... I had been hoping to have an old-time movie-night style shindig either at my place or at that of a willing volunteer on Saturday.

We could do Evolution on Saturday I suppose... although I've always found the Friday night movie-nights to work best.

For the moment I'll put this up to general debate: Who would like to see Evolution? Would anyone actually want to see Swordfish? Would you prefer to see it on Friday or Saturday? Would you be interested in a movie-night style shindig on Saturday, possibly to be screening the entire Dune mini-series on DVD? What did you have for breakfast this morning? Why aren't you wearing any pants?

5. TopGun2001

May 25, 2001
    >although I've always found the Friday night
    >movie-nights to work best.

yeah, was Friday what it always used to be last-summer? It was fun to get off work and just go straight to Lick's

>Who would like to see Evolution?

:) :D [face_laugh] :D :)

>Would anyone actually want to see Swordfish?

ick! naw, I'm boycotting Travolta ever since he cut my favorite part out of the DVD release of Battlefield Earth :) [the hilariously awful bit where Terl reveals with much gusto that he's really not the bartender's friend]

>Would you be interested in a movie-night
    >style shindig on Saturday, possibly to be
    >screening the entire Dune mini-series on DVD?

Oh, that would be fab! Isn't that thing 6 or 8 hours long, though? Would said-shindig start at 2 or 3pm-ish, as Saturday-afternoon shindigs are often apt to doing?
    I'd happily volunteer my place, but I have to be somewhere by around 6pm or 7pm Saturday :-\

>What did you have for breakfast this morning?

a bloody mary and a stick of celery.

>Why aren't you wearing any pants?

'cause I gotta be me. :D

~mike~

6. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    It would probably start around 2, and the miniseries is 265 minutes after you strip away the ads. That's 4 hours 25 min.

7. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'd be up for seeing Evolution.
    Friday or Saturday sounds good to me, whichever day is best for most people.

8. Subject Zero

Subject Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2000
    Friday.

what, you were expecting me to say more?

followed on sat by Dune... Mmmmmm... sounds tasty...

:)

SZ

9. td741

td741 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2000
    Oh, someone else bought the DUNE miniseries. I watched it today, the episodes are about 1 1/2 each, so it's 4 1/2 hours long. :p

10. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    Well this thread is as clear as mud. We could do the evolution of Dune and it would start on Friday and end Saturday. (no, no bad suggestion I forget who I'm posting too...) Looks like everyone is leaning towards friday more than Sat.

Let me know if it's worth the 12 bucks and Tragic and I will see it out here next week. :)

11. SLam

SLam Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 1999
    Evolution is a new movie?

Hmm... let's see David Duchovny paired up with a red head scientist lady.... no sorry, that's X-Files.

Ohhh... it's about 3 wacky college scientists who for some reason are the only people who can battle small little non-human things, and later battle a big huge non-human thing.... directed by Ivan Reitman ...

wait... wasn't that Ghostbusters? :p

12. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Hey, someone else got it... cool. I own the only copy of it on DVD that I've ever seen. So, TD741, can you confirm that they made more than one?

Well, looks like Friday for Evolution. So lets say the usual meet out front of the York between 6 and 7. (I'll probably arrive for about 6:30) Who's in?

13. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm in.

Maybe post this in the Delphi forum and send it out on the listbot. If we start to send more out through email it will seem like we are actually doing alot more stuff and maybe get more people out.

14. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    Don't think I'll be making it. I don't really have money to throw around right now...

Cris~

15. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, I'm hoping to pull together a last minute movienight party on Saturday which should be free or near it. So we can all attend that I hope (with the exception of Mike Wood I guess)

For those that can make it to Evolution we can go on the Friday... I'll probably see you there.

16. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    I'm in for Saturday if a plan comes together.

17. TopGun2001

May 25, 2001

works for me, david... i'll see youse guyss in front of the York at 6:30! (is anybody besides david & adam coming? joseph? greg? moishe? zoltan?)

~mike~

18. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    I believe Joseph will be coming, and Greg (I believe) is working early the next day so I don't think he'll make it. Looking like a small one, but with the big one coming up next weekend I wont' complain.

As for the party on Saturday it's looking like it will happen. I'll talk to you guys about it tomorrow.

19. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Evolution isn't playing at Eglinton or York. So, I guess its a Crappycity.

20. td741

td741 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2000
    TGP: Yeah, actually I bought the DUNE miniseries DVD at HMV located at the Younge and Eglinton mall (err, I think it's that one) near York Cinemas. :p

21. KingBob

KingBob Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2000
    What time is this movie playing? After reading Peter Howell's review of Evolution in the star I definetly want to see this movie, and depending on what time and how long, I may pop down to join you, I doubt I will be staying very long afterwords, but I should be there I think.

22. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    He gave it two lousy stars....
    So how was it?

23. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    It was actually a lot of fun. I was expecting a decent movie from the ads, and I was pleasantly surprised. This was better than I expected and a damn fun movie.

24. Subject Zero

Subject Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2000
    yes, it stands head and shoulders above all the rest of the movies out there...

(you who saw it, spot the pun!)

SZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.