main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Great Job Rogues

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Nasus_Sivad, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Another successful venture under our belts. Big thanks to everyone that showed up to do their table time. Hopefully, we made some good contacts and will see our membership grow.

The dinner was so much fun and so enjoyable. Was great to sit down with a few of the celebrities and get to know them more personally. Great conversation was going around the table.

Now to plan for our upcoming events - the concert and dinner afterwards, the Ren Faire, and the RMH Carn evil. Remember that the meeting will be an hour earlier next time. So we can get to the concert in time to see the displays before the music.

2. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    I don't think I'll be making the next meeting, but was happy to see everyone over the course of the convention and special dinner with the guests from the show. Also a big thanks to C. Andrew Nelson for coming out to my "Anthropology of Star Trek" panel (and participating!) with Professor Daryl Frazetti. The good professor will probably be on the boards in the next few days, if he can ever find his password and registration info for the forums. ;P Loose plans to go to the Ren Faire Saturday later this month. See everyone again soon!

-TJ

3. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    I was very glad to do the table. I had a great time and so did my cousing who I think really got an experience out of meeting the Star Wars Stars (celebrities). I talked to the nice woman whose table was next to ours about her book that she was promoting and got a lot of great insight into the world of indie publishing (her book was a novel about vampires, a kind of dark fantasy epic, published by local author Nicholous Grabowsky's Black Sheet publishing.

--Jedi Dark Night

4. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Wow, that was so much fun! Pretty neat being on the other side of the table, I was glad to help out on Friday and Sunday! Friday night seeing Warp 11 with Myke, Kimmie and TJ was awesome, gotta check them out again for sure. Saturday was the best though, meeting Peter Mayhew, C. Andrew Nelson and Matthew Wood was so fun. And giving Matthew the drawing, was nervous he wouldn't like it, but when he said he was going to put it up in his office at the ranch, that was the coolest! Was very glad to do that for him, now I gotta work on Daniel Logan's drawing, he saw Matthew's later that night and asked me if I could hook him up with one. Anyway, it was a great time and was glad to see everyone and hang out at the con. See you all this Saturday for the meeting and then the concert!

~DZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.