main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Great last lines from Episode 3

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by MoronDude, Mar 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, first, NO SPOILERS (um... I guess I didn't have to say that due to the name of the Forum, but just in case) What do you think would be a great last bit of dialoge at the end of Episode 3. Feel free to give many good lines... and comedy is always welcome. Okay, here's mine:

Palpatine(Either addressing the entire Senate or in a meeting with a few powerful senators): "From now on, you will call me Emperor."

...sends chills down my spine... Ian McDermid would give it that nessessary "creepy" touch.

2. trancekilik

trancekilik Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    Obi Wan, in hiding on the planet of Tatooine....cut to Obi Wan, sitting on a rock in the desert watching the sunset......

"I've got a bad feeling about this"

3. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    Obi-Wan hands Luke to Owen and Beru and says, "May the Force Be With You"

Owen looks back with disdain, and Obi-Wan's knowing look indicates that he knows the time of the Jedi, the time of the Force, has passed.

4. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    I actually wrote a whole ending I envisioned a few days ago...

We've had the scenes showing the babies being brought to separate planets, yadda, yadda...

<<Fade into a desert shot. All we see is barreness. The camera pans to the left and we see two boys playing with sticks as swords. We hear a speeder pull up and the two boys (one taller with dark brown hair, about 10, and one shorter with blonde, about 7) turn and look in its direction.

We see a man get out of the speeder greeted by Uncle Owen. They talk and the man calls to the tall boy.

Man: Biggs! Biggs, c'mon we have some work to do, you promised.

Biggs: Alright, alright...(turns to Luke). I've gotta go, Luke. We'll play again tomorrow?

Luke: Yeah, sure.

Biggs and Luke walk over to their dads/guardians talking. Luke stands next to Owen's leg says bye to Biggs, and Biggs leaves with his dad.

Luke stares at them with a look of sadness and wonder.

Owen: Luke? Luke, you alright?

Luke: Uncle Owen...my dad...what was he like?

Owen gets uncomfortable.

Owen: He was...a good man. He loved you very much...now c'mon, let's get ready for supper.

Owen walks hand-in-hand with Luke to the homestead. Luke and Owen are in the middle of some conversation in the next shot.

Owen:...Oh, don't worry, I doubt you'll ever have to get in one of those nutty ships.

Luke: Good, because I wanna be a Jedi, like my dad was!

Owen kneels down on one knee holding Luke's shoulders.

Owen: Luke, listen to me. There are no more Jedis, there haven't been for a long time...now I know you like swordfighting, but....your future is here, on Tatooine. Being farmer isn't all that bad, huh?

Owen gives him a little nudge and a hug, smiling.

Owen: C'mon, Luke...supper.

Owen walks into the doorway, but Luke stays behind. He stares at the sunset from the door (a la ANH) and has that look of wonder and sadness on his face, wondering where his father is.

The next shot of Lukes face bleeds into a shot of Vader's mask. Vader is standing on the bridge of a Star Destroyer looking down with sadness. He's approached by Grand Moff Tarkin.

Tarkin: Lord Vader, the Emperor requests your presence for transmission...

Vader keeps on staring, ignoring Tarkin.

Tarkin: Lord Vader...

Vader then looks up with one last thought of Luke. He then says to himself...

Vader: As you wish, my master...

Vader swiftly turns. Tarkin, looks as he sees his demented superior walk at his master's bidding>>

5. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Wow! That was neat, but I don't think Episode 3 will go that far into the future.

I actually had a dream, though there was no dialoge.

Obi-Wan with a slightly greying beard, holding a sleeping infant in each arm, looking out over the Coruscant sunset with sad music playing. I think that would fit the movies perfectly, since they never actually end with dialoge.

6. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2001
    I read in an online atricle that the ending line of EPIII is supposed to be awesome and tie everything together. The article stated that when GL first approached his staff to begin the PT he told them that line and they were all blown away.

article

7. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    Yup, I remember reading at TFN that John Williams said that GL told him the ending, and he said that what he said to GL was "Let's hurry up and get to that part so I can write the music for it!"

8. DarthStew

DarthStew Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    I always imagined Vader emerging from a room and saying to Palpatine/Sidious in that James Earl Jones voice, "What is thy bidding, my Master?" as the screen fades black with Vader breathing in the background. But that doesn't seem likely from what Lucas has been quoted as saying in these articles.

9. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    Obi-Wan hands baby Luke to Aunt Beru. She takes the boy and walks away, leaving Owen and Obi-Wan alone.

Obi-Wan looks at the floor, contemplating the events of the past decade.

Obi-Wan: "I can't believe I was wrong about Anakin..."

Owen: "You weren't wrong about Anakin...he knew what he was getting himself into."

Obi-Wan: "Take care of the boy...he may be our only hope."

Obi-Wan walks into the desert, alone for the first time in his life. Everyone he cared about in his life is gone. The only thing that can be heard is the soft crying of a baby.

10. CountKnappula

CountKnappula Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 1999
    Episode 3 will end with George Lucas laughing histericlly as he swims nude in a pool filled with money ala Scrooge McDuck.

11. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I have a feeling it will be Vader -- the whole SW series is really about him. Innocence to evil, and from evil to redemption.

For one thing, James Earl Jones says he may be required to fill in the last five minutes of Episode III. (it's still speculation though since it's too early to tell).

And these quotes have really gotten me excited: ******(maybe considered minor spoilers??)******

Indeed, although the prequels will close out on a down beat--the Star Wars universe was a pretty bleak place in the beginning of the original film, remember--Lucas is striving to make sure it's not a total downer for fans. He may have already solved the problem: John Williams told USA Today, "George Lucas has narrated the last piece to me. After I heard it, I told him, 'Just hurry up and do it, because that is a fabulous ending.'"

Iain McCaig, a conceptual illustrator on Episodes I and II, echoed Williams' sentiments, as reported on TheForce.net: "The first thing George told us when we started was the last line in Episode III so we kind of know how this all connects with the trilogy." When asked who speaks the final line, McCaig grew cryptic, mumbling something illegible with his hands covering his mouth. "I'm sorry, George had something implanted in my head."

I desperately want to know what that final line -- that important connecting link -- is. :)

12. Dahranni

Dahranni Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2002
    Mandalore Super Commando Leader: "Soon the Jedi shall fall."

Palpatine: "We may have no choice but to use the deadly weapon."

Palpatine: "I regret that for the time being I will have to accept emergency powers."

Yoda: "Dooku is not the master, another there is."

Anakin: "Obi-Wan, it was because of you Padme died! (Padme is not dead, Anakin only thinks she is.)"

Bail Organa: "Alderaan is under attack!"

Obi-Wan's new apprentice: "He should never have left the order. His emotions blind him to the will of the force."

Obi-Wan: "Anakin will return to the order and bring balance to the force."

Obi-Wan's new apprentice: "I hope he does not, his lack of control of his emotions, endangers us all. If he were to turn he would be a danger to us all."

Yoda: "The Sith are behind this."

Mace Windu: "I fear this war against the Mandalore will cost the lives of too many Jedi."

Yoda: "We have no choice but to attack the Mandalore."

Mace Windu: "The Jedi from all over the galaxy have been recalled, we shall be ready to attack the Mandalore."

Palpatine: "The remaining clone troops will aid you in the battle against the Mandalore."

Palpatine: "We've lost communications with Naboo."

Yoda: "Obi-Wan's apprentice will be charged with the duty of protecting Padme."

Unknown: The guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy are no more.

13. C_3PO

C_3PO Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2001
    Um, Jabachile? In reference to your line "Luke: Good, because I wanna be a Jedi, like my dad was!" Luke didn't know his father was a Jedi until he was 18 when Obi Wan told him. Luke thought Anakin was a navigator on a spice freighter. And "Vader is standing on the bridge of a Star Destroyer looking down with sadness." How could anyone tell Vader has a look of sadness? With his mask on you can't even see his face.
    Anyway, I would end it with a slow depressing score by JW as we see Ben Kenobi walking through the sand near his home and coming to a halt to cross his arms and gaze at the setting suns with the wind blowing through his hair and a look of "Now we wait until the boy is ready to accept his destiny and face his father" on his face. In case you don't know what that kind of face would look like, it's a weary, disappointed look of concern.

14. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Well George has said that he already has the last line of Episode 3 planned out. So it's probably something we've heard. So I'll say either....

1) A new hope.

2) Obi-Wan after handing Luke to Owen and Beru walks off into the Dune Sea. The desert sands start to block the camera's view of him. Then we get a dubbing of Alec Guinness to say "May the force be with you.......always." With the force theme playing.

P.S. The dubbing will come from the Battle of Yavin. ;)

15. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    HLS, why would they dub it? Just have Ewan say it. That would be a much cooler bridge, so to speak.

My personal choice:

"Utini!!!" - Jawa (end credits)

///chills....

16. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    C_3PO: Oops, my fault about the Jedi thing!

Well, what I meant about the "looking down in sadness" was merely Darth Vader just looking down...I was thinking like in ESB when he lost the ML at the end, looked down, up, and walked away.

17. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    Here's my version of the final scene in Episode III:

DARTH VADER, the new Dark Lord of the Sith, stands outside the Emperor's chambers. He paces about restlessly.

VOICE: Anakin . . .

Vader looks up, but there is no one there.

VOICE: Remember . . . your focus determines your reality.

Vader stares into empty space. He suddenly sees a faint image of a ghostly Jedi.

VADER: Qui-Gon . . ?

QUI-GON'S GHOST: I have been permitted to return to deliver one last message to you. Remember the prophecy . . . You are the chosen one.

VADER: The chosen one is dead. I am . . . Darth Vader.

QUI-GON'S GHOST: There will come a time, perhaps many years from now, when you will have a chance to destroy the Emperor. All that I ask is that you watch for that moment, and be ready . . .

VADER: You have wasted your time.

QUI-GON'S GHOST: (smiles sadly) Farewell. The Force will be with you . . . always.

Qui-Gon fades away.

The doors to the Emperor's chamber suddenly open. Vader enters the dark chamber.

Vader approaches THE EMPEROR on his raised throne. Each step seems like a struggle. Vader's hand goes to his lightsaber. Can he draw it and strike down the Emperor to fulfill his destiny?

THE EMPEROR: You seem conflicted, my apprentice. What is the matter?

DARTH VADER: It is . . .nothing.

He lets go of his saber and kneels before the Emperor.

DARTH VADER: What is thy bidding, my master?

Vader bows his head. The Emperor grins evily. Cue Imperial March. We pull back through a porthole and out into space, to show an armada of half-constructed Star Destroyers. Fade out.

Okay, it's not perfect. But I think it's better than "Mesa'll be back!"
    :D

18. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Obi-Wan (To Owen)

"Keep him hidden, keep him safe, he is our last hope"

(Obi-Wan walks away)

Owen:

"Crazy old wizard"

*Cue, um, a Celine Dion song"

19. Adali-Kiri

Adali-Kiri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    It's got to be one rocking moment, that's for sure. But I think Lucas may have more than a line in mind - more like a sequence? If I was to go for one line...hmmm, "May the Force be with you" is sort of the biggest there is.

Here's my 2 cents ---

3PO to R2: "I don't know what this trouble is all about, but I'm sure it must be your fault!" ;)

20. DARTH_CORLEONE

DARTH_CORLEONE Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Ben: "I have a bad feeling about all the bad feelings that started out as good feelings but eventually felt bad about feeling good and decided that it was better to feel bad because wanting to feel good so badly always turns out bad when you realize that bad things happen to good people who only want to feel good but unequivocally end up having bad feelings........about this......Seeya' around, Owen."

21. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    Adali-Kiri I like your idea, but do you think the movie as a whole will be too serious for that type of line at the end?

22. Adali-Kiri

Jul 31, 2000
    Hmmm, the 3PO line was meant as a joke, buddy. ;)
    But yes, I HOPE the movie will be too serious for that sort of line at the end. Although I seem to remember either Lucas or Williams saying something about the end of EpIII also bringing hope and not being completely down on us. But there's never any sort of hope detectable in any 3PO line, so that goes out the window anyway. Maybe "We're doomed!" would do?

Hey wait, you knew I was joking! :)

23. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    I knew you were joking, but at the same time the line is definitely Star Wars-esque. It somehow fits, and I think whether or not you believe it, the line COULD fit. But that would mean Lucas would have to make the film something I don't think it can be.

Maybe Episode II?

24. Adali-Kiri

Jul 31, 2000
    Well, I'm glad you like it! It could be a line for re-use.

But what would really have me LMAO is if someone said ---
    "I have a good feeling about this..." ;)

25. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    Good one, Adali!!

You could cut the irony with a knife.

I think "May the Force Be With You" is the best bet for a single line, but I would "bet the field" if given a choice.

(Betting the field means betting on all other lines beside MTFBWY) ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.