Great last lines from Episode 3

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by MoronDude, Mar 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It will end like this:

Obi-Wan (to Owen):May the Force be with you."

Obi-Wan walks away, and the camera pans to George Lucas.

Lucas: We've had alot of fun tonight, but I'll tell you what's not fun. Falling into a pit of molten lava. So remember kids, don't be like Anakin, stay away from lava, and you may just stay on the Light Side. Good Night.

Lucas turns and walks into the sunset, stops, walks back to the camera.

Lucas: I just remembered. New Star Wars merchandise can be purchased at any toy, hobbie, drug, thrift, and convieniance store near you. In fact, for the next few months, that is all you will see. *waves hand at camera* You will buy my stuff. *laughs hysterically as he again walks into the sunset*

Cue closing credits!
  2. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  3. Lord_Coras Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Very good. All of you. Right now I'm more hyped for Episode III than Episode II.
  4. NeanderthalSexist Jedi Padawan

Moron dude, please tell me that is not a spoiler. Spacemonkey has delivered the painful truth about the original closing lines, reading those made me say WOW. Jar Jar blowing up the Jedi was my favorite.

One thing though. This thread will go on for another 3 years. You know how they say give a million monkeys a typewriter and you'll eventually get shakespere? What if one of us accidentally stumbles across GL's planned ending? What kind of disaster would that be? I loved reading this thread and will continue to check it (please stay spoiler free, some of us have hibernated to the point we forgot and/or never knew Shmi dies at this point in time, the lava comment along with someone else's volcano[I was not f-cking aware of these things - SPOILER FREE is the header]). We need to be careful, GL would have to change his ending if somebody guessed it. I don't know, but its something to think about and definately to worry about, imagine if we finally after 28 years close the book of SW and the ending had been on the net for a year or two. That is when c3po tells r2 "Now look what you've done"
  5. BlueBodiedStepChild Jedi Padawan

Good point NS

My money's on Vader speaking in a Cuban accent, "Say hello to my little friend"

anything else would just be plain wrong
  6. EwoksBecomeGremlins Jedi Youngling

I don't care so much what the last line is, as long as the movie ends on a 'down' note, ie a high note for us darksiders who have suffered since 83 with that horroffic ending
  7. jayme_ Jedi Knight

star 3
    "for us darksiders"

You awful, awful people. Your the kind that don't rewind, I bet. *shaking head*
  8. JohnWilliams00 Jedi Master

star 4
    Darth Vader: "Raise da roof!!"
  9. EwoksBecomeGremlins Jedi Youngling

You're right, I don't rewind......I leave the tape on the seat of my car and park in the sun!
  10. Sekenobi Jedi Padawan

I'm definitely feeling the "What is thy bidding, my master?" line. That, or something along the lines of:

Obi Wan: The Jedi are dead, we are ruined.

Yoda: Not yet, another there is...
  11. Nomi Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    After Obi-Wan delivers the kiddies, he makes his way to the empty cave and has a seat on a comfy stone.

NARRATOR: Not goin' anywhere for awhile? Grab a snickers.

;)
  12. islandjoe Jedi Knight

star 1
    Could it be as simple as Padme, who clearly won't last any longer, having given Leia to one set of new parents, turning Luke over to BEN and saying,

"help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope."

What follows, without words, would be a long shot of Obi Wan turning over the boy to Owen and Beru and then walking off to the desert.

Lucas tends to work in broad strokes, all of the lengthy posts are great, but GL likes to do in one big stroke what most of those potsts do in many lines. I like them, though.

It would certainly give cool new insight as to Ben's reaction when he realizes who Leia is in her recording.

Joe
  13. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    all the last lines before episode 3:

ANH- "LUKE: He'll be all right."

ESB- "LUKE: Ow!"

ROTJ- "THREEPIO: They did it!"

TPM- "BOSS NASS: PEACE!!"

AOTC- "YODA: It all begins... now."

So, Episode 3 should end something like this:

"Ow! They did peace! He'll be all right... now."

Now, all we have to do is figure out who would say this!

Oh, and BTW, I just made up that Yoda line, it is NOT a spoiler. It just sounds neat as an ending line.
  14. EwoksBecomeGremlins Jedi Youngling

Moron Dude, what the hell is wrong with you?????? The movie hasn't been officially realesed and you spoil the last line !!!! get the hell out of the spoiler free section. Will some admin ban this guy? he has put two MAJOR spoilers on just this 5th page. what an *********** Next time you spoil, don't steal someone else's idea about last lines, or just don't spoil

edit: before you flame someone read the whole post. He didn't spoil anyone.
  15. Nomi Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Holy GONK MoronDude I almost died of heart failure.....Lord help me....one more day....must not be spoiled....

::faints::
  16. Darth Kimball Jedi Master

star 2
    "You know, Obi, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."
  17. AdamBertocci Manager

Manager
    star 7
    MoronDude -- if you ever do ANYTHING like that again, my fragile heart might not be so resilient. :p

BTW, the last line in ROTJ is "Oh, no, it's not like that at all. He's my brother."
    But I'm glad that you noticed that the last line in ESB is "Ow!", which I hate. [face_plain]

Rick McCallum loves you!
  18. theharri Jedi Knight

star 1
    I believe it will be the most classic line of the two trilogies - "I Have A Bad Feeling About This". As to who says it is a mystery. it could be Yoda, Obi Wan, Mace, Bail, Vader, Padmé (perhaps minutes before she is to be executed or when she has escaped) or even a three year old Luke/Leia. It could also be a similar line - Obi Wan holding Luke on Tatooine and saying "I have a good feeling about this"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.