main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Great place for SW & other comics in Minnesota

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthBoba, Mar 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    'Granite City Comics' in St. Cloud. Small, but has practically everything from Ongoing to X-Wing.

2. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I buy my comics at Shinders, usually the EP location, but sometimes at Southdale and sometimes in Bloomington. The one in EP puts a copy of every SW comic as it comes in, which is nice, since I'm not always able to make it in the day a new comic comes out.

~*~Bria

3. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I'm a big fan of Dreamhaven in Dinkytown. They are always so friendly and one of the guys there has a nifty Fett tattoo.

4. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    The Source has a pretty good selection of comics. I found some nifty old SW comics there - you know, the Marvel ones. My favorite is #105... Luke Skywalker is battling a bunch of white bunny rabbits! Aww... they just don't make comics like that anymore!

5. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Holy Moly! We just used 'nifty' consecutivley. Is it age or Minnesotan? Yah want some bars with that hotdish there, hun?

6. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    So, you've both decided to go purple. Very fetching.

I haven't been to the Dreamhaven store, but I have bought from them at science fiction conventions, such as Mad Media 5 in Madison, WI. They're Neil Gaimain's publisher, who was a guest at that convention.

The one time I was in Minneapolis, I bought from a store called Big Brain Comics which were pretty cool. They were going out of business, though. :(

Right on with Marvel, Mara. Those were hoojibs on that cover, by the way. They were allies of the Rebels, actually. I wish Dark Horse would reprint the entire Marvel line in color on nice paper. Sigh.

Phil

7. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    "Yah want some bars with that hotdish there, hun?"

You betcha!

8. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Hoojibs are super-cute (even if they have a super-dumb name)!

http://members.aol.com/heywood254/web/hoojibs.html

9. Fenix

Fenix Jedi Master star 3

Feb 14, 2000
    I agree with you, Bria. Shinders in Eden Prarie is a good place to find SW comics, related books and magazines.
    Of course, other stuff, too.

10. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Marvel 105? That is one of the ten or so I own. :)

Fenix- You go to the EP Shinders too? Most of the workers there know me. :) I even got a *free* SW CCG Reflections II Boba Fett with Blaster rifle card from them recently. They got it when they opened a new box of the card packs.

~*~Bria

11. Jedi_XandMan

Jedi_XandMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2001
    I've always gone to Hot Comics in geez...I'm not sure where it is exactly. I'm not sure about the avaiability of Star Wars Comics there, but they have a life size Darth Vader in there and a bunch of old Star Wars Figures. And they do consistently have my Buffy comics.

-XandMan

12. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I've been there with Jo. Got my beloved vintage Lando with a *non* squeaky butt there. :D I'm not sure where it is either... they moved from their original location... I'll ask Jo and find out. :)

~*~Bria

13. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Anyone ever read the JUNIOR JEDI series of books?
    (Total of 6 - I don't think there will be any more - featuring a young (preteen) Anakin Solo.)

Anakin meets a Jedi Knight that looks a lot like a rabbit. It hangs out with him, and is thought to be a "pet" by many, for some reason not being willing to reveal itself as a Jedi to just anyone. Besides Luke and a couple others, only Anakin knows. The books never say, but I wonder if this Jedi "rabbit" is supposed to BE a Hoojib?

14. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I read them. I don't think Ikrit (sp?) is a Hoojib, but I guess it's possible. :)

~*~Bria

15. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    The rabbit things is Jedi Master Ikrit. I can't remember if Ikrit is his name or his species or both. He's supposed to show up in the next NJO book "Conquest."

16. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Wow. I was right. Go me. :p

~*~Bria

17. JediGemini

Nov 28, 2000
    :dances around house: Go Bria, Go Bria!

18. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    That's his actual name, people. Get with the program! ;)

19. JediGemini

Nov 28, 2000
    Hey, we're with the program! Right Bria?
    Wait, what program are we talking about here? Who wants to be a millionaire? ;)

20. Fenix

Fenix Jedi Master star 3

Feb 14, 2000
    I've read most of the Young Jedi books through the library. Have you read the Galaxy of Fear series?

21. JediGemini

Nov 28, 2000
    I've read some of them. Eh, they're okay.

22. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Nope, I haven't read any of those...any good?

23. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Wow, that would be really cool/weird if they have Ikrit show up in the NJO. Interesting.

I've read about 5 of the Galaxy of Fear books. It's weird, all the stores around here, only have numbers 1-3. The others I've gotten off eBay. I think Amazon still has some in stock, but so far I've been to cheap to pay full price. (Close enough b/c even tho there's a discount, you pay shipping.) They are kind of "fluff" books, in a way, but I have enjoyed them thoroughly!

24. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Huh, I think our MediaPlay or B&N has 'em..I'll look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.