main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Great things!!

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    This might appeal to some: Twinings Hot Chocolate
    You can get a free sample by filling a form in, will let you know how it tastes soon :D

2. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    hot chocolate makes me wet the bed.

3. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Don't drink it before bed-time then :p

4. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    I love the fact that there is going to be a third Shrek film. I can't wait!

5. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    Er, too much information there Jamie, lol.

And great things - organic vegetables - they taste delicious =P~

6. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    i'm in a very giving mood.

7. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Today I bought a book called Monkey Portraits. It has some fantastic photos of Monkey's taken in a studio enviroment, and the detail is amazing. There are some very funny poses going on too and for a monkey lover like myself, perfect [face_monkey]

8. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
  9. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Don't worry Jamie :p
    Monkey

I got my new 20" iMac today and it's flipping amazing!!! Even though I've been using it for hours already, I feel I've only just touched the surface. OSX is so groovy, makes OS9 and XP look like it came from the stoneage :p
    The computer itself is also a work of art. Just so elegant and full of little details which all add up and make a big difference.

My next big purchace will be the Wii, which will no doubt make it onto here and I'm waiting for my Twinings Hot Chocolate sample to come ;)

10. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I recently bought "The Lorax" by Dr Seuss.
    Great book, one of my favorites. :)

11. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    the strangest thing just happened...

12. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    Are you going to elaborate on that, or shall we leave it to the imagination?... [face_whistling]

13. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    To celebrate the launch of the Wii, this website is great and funny Wiihaveaproblem

The TV section is perhaps the best bit, lol.

14. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Apple laptops are very nice, but just got a SONY AR21S with Blu-Ray DVD (50Gb and soon 200Gb capacity) plus Hi Def 1080p and 200Gb Hard Drive, oh and also has a Freeview decoder plus 6 free Blu-Ray DVD movies :cool:

Don't forget Windows VISTA also :cool:

Wii looks great and Nintendo have a great pedigree on gameplay, but PS3 in March with built in hard drive, internet and Blu-Ray DVD, looks like World domination once more for Sony then [face_peace] Shame Sega only make third party software now ! quite a few of my mates have a Wii and a XBox 360 and will buy a PS3 also, but then they have more time and money than the rest of us![face_thinking]

15. chrisfree

chrisfree Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 28, 2006
    Will you tell us how much that Apple wonder is?

16. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    The iMac was an expensive £999, but well worth it I can tell ya :D

Does that Sony laptop feature the Sony batteries that blow-up Steve? :p Trust a Sony component to spoil a Mac laptop, lol.

17. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Apple PC's are cool, and used in the publishing and design industry most, but not so much software as PCs and not free either! (never had to buy any software, it's all exchanged between friends [face_peace] ) What do Apple have now, about 5% of the market? Excellent niche market product though.

No worries with batteries, although all companies have product recalls, even Apple! at least it was only a component and not the whole pc!!

My pc was £1999.99 retail, although I got for £1500 through industry contacts!

Love the stying on Apple though.

Wonder how i-pods will fair when all Walkman's go solid state with flash memory and no moving parts, even my phone has a 4Gb Flash Drive Mp3

Technology, where would we be without it!:cool:

18. chrisfree

chrisfree Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 28, 2006
    £2K?!!! :eek:
    *faints

Before I settled for my Notebook for £800 I wanted a Vaio but for £1200 I couldn't afford it. I also decided that the IBM laptop is probably much better put together and is better suited for playing.

As for great things, does anybody know anything about graphic tablets? I want to get myself one for Christmas but I don't know anything about them and the market is not very extensive. Right now I'm leaning towards Wacom Graphire4 but would be very happy and thankful for any idea or help.

19. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I'm a bit of a graphics tablet geek, seeming as I use them for my work and have done for 4 years now. WACOM is the only brand I would go for, and if you want something cheap but solid, the Graphire4 is your best bet and comes with some good software. If you don't want the software, then the Volito2 is cheaper and just as good.
    If you want something more hardcore (but much more expensive), then the Intuos3 is your answer.
    wacom-europe

20. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
  21. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    i've ordered a wacom graphics tablet on the advice/insistence of lordtice and expect it to arrive any day now.
    i imagine my artwork will flow like little droplets of fresh summer rain,once it's up and running...
    or maybe not.

22. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    Seewoo in Greenwich... it's a Chinese Supermarket and it's awesome (if you kinda know what you're doing). Hardly anything is in English and the staff just nod and smile politely and randomly say yes or no to any questions you ask them because they most probably can't understand a word you're saying!

I suppose it depends if you like Chinese food though... although... my kinds hubby has banned me from there pretty much because I spend too much... ppffftt!

I can highly recommend their 'Custard Buns' my gods I swear they have crack in them they are so addictive!!

Any item in Hobbycraft is pretty much a never ending source of amusement for me also!

I know they're more shops than items but I can't narrow it down to just one item!

My new PC case (supposedly coming today) is nice and pretty reasonably priced too... (that and the fact I'm getting all the components out of Paddys machine which is a super-fast gaming machine! He's building a whole new one... one that could probably put NASA to shame too lol)

Edit - I have a Trust graphics tablet and I have never had a jot of trouble with it... the only time I use the mouse now is playing Guild Wars, I find a pen easier to use full stop!

23. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    At the mo, for me it's second life. I've already met some SW peeps and I'm spreading the good word already (not in a biblical sense but in the FF sense). Unfortunately, I haven't met any in the U.K. yet but there's always time. 8-}

24. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    second life?
    i'm still waiting on my first one...

25. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    the trailer for 300.
    /sigh...
    i feel so inadequate.

Thread Status: