main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Great things!!

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisfree

chrisfree Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 28, 2006
    Double-sided tape!!! :D

2. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Double-sided tape is very handy, although for mounting work you can't beat a bit of the old spary or photo mount :D

The apple.com homepage is rather great looking at the moment, with this slightly cryptic image and message on display:
    [image=http://images.apple.com/home/2007/images/welcome2007_20070101.jpg]

It is of cause referring to the current Consumer Electronic Show at Las Vegas (calm down Jamie), and everyone suspects Steve God....sorry, I mean Steve Jobs will announce an Apple mobile phone. Could be very interesting :D

3. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    we just got a load of pics developed from our vegas holiday.
    i'll get theresa to have a fiddle and get some up so i can post them...
    and bore you all senseless!!!

4. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Not at all Jamie, the batch you showed us at ED18 were great :D

As suspected, Apple will be launching a phone, known as the....wait for it, iPhone.
    Will be a jack-of-all-trades and acts as a widescreen iPod when you rotate it. The interface is pretty much OSX too, so it'll be uber-groovy and easy to work. I bet it'll be expensive though, and the battery life isn't great imo. But messa liking this very muchy.

Apple have also announced an Appletv box, which acts as a go-between for you Mac/PC and TV, with iTunes now supporting movie downloads. Also looks rather niffty, and another reason why HD-DVD and Blu-Ray simply wont take-off as it isn't really the future.

5. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    i heard the announcement today a couple of times on the news... what a strange man that steve jobs is!
    no wonder techie geeks get such a bad name,with freaks like him and bill gates heading the team.

6. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    My favourite thing today is my birthday because I've just got 2 more ferrets... Unfortunately, these ones aren't real though but they are beautiful never the less. [face_batting]
    And of course, strongbow and marzipan will always rule.

7. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Awweee, bless. Feel free to post pics of your new ferret acquisistions Koren. I'm always on the hunt for ferret related merchandise for you but have had little success sadly....maybe I need to go to Yorkshire ;)

8. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I am writing this post using my nintendo wii, which I got this morning and so far I think it's brill! First thing I did is create my wii mii (which I will try to post if I can), then I played some wiisports and I've just embarked on Zelda which is a stunner, although I'm stuck on my first fishing task.

9. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    put down your baton,step away from the console and go back to your desk.
    theres only...five months to go.
    ;)

10. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    6 by my count ;)
    And I will try to put my Wiimote and nunchuck down, but it's proving very difficult as it's too much fun and darn good. My arms ache like nobody's business though, but the pain is worth it.

11. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    "but it's proving very difficult as it's too much fun and darn good. My arms ache like nobody's business though, but the pain is worth it."
    such are the perils of being single and living with your parents,i guess...
    ;)
    HO-HOOO,GEOFFREY!!!

12. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    You walked right into that one Matt. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.