Great, this is going to be fun

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by shinjo_jedi, Oct 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shinjo_jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Sorry for a new topic, but I just have to get something in my personal life off my back [face_plain]

Well, last Thursday, September 27th, 2002, my grandfather had surgery at our local hospital. They found he had 5 tumors on his stomach, or somewhere close to it. After they operated, they sent them away to see what it was. It was diagnosed as cancer, and they told him he had it yesterday, Friday October 4th, 2002.

I don't know how serious it is, because they thought they had gotten it all away, but it spread and they couldn't get it all.

Last year, through the course of the summer, I lost 4 family members, 3 were to cancer. Currently, my best friends(thats a girl) has breast cancer, and my other best friends(thats a guy), mother has colon cancer(I think. it spread to something else, but I can't seem to remember). They are both really serious, and now he has it. I also learned last night, my ones friend mother has it also now.

He's around 73-75 years old, and it just worries the heck out of me with this.

Thanks to all who read this, I just had to get that off of my back [face_plain]
  2. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    Rant away. Both Eric and myself lost our moms to forms of cancer.
  3. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather...I'll keep him in my prayers.

That's an incredible story about losing 4 family members, in such a short period of time. And I know how bad dealing with cancer can be; if you need someone to talk with...don't hesitate to call me.

May the Force be with you...and your family...always!
  4. shinjo_jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks to the both of you :)

Thats why I love it here :)

And sorry to hear about both of your mothers :(
  5. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm sorry to hear about that. He'll be in my prayers.

I found out last week that someone that was in my speach group last semester died. I also found out today that a popular girl that graduated in '99 I think died last year. I had no idea. :(

As Krash said, May the Force be with you and your family.
  6. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't ever hesitate to post about stuff like that (except I wouldn't get TOO personal on here cuz you never know who's reading). As Don said, we've been through that sh!t too. Yeah, it sucks, especially when you're 19 and you have a bunch of other stuff you're dealing with... *sigh*

I forgot to mention that Kat from Detroit lost her dad when she was younger too, hence us having a common bond.
  7. skyedancer Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll keep you and your grandfather in my prayers. It's good to share our problems with friends when life hands us burdens and pain. Try to give your grandfather as much love as possible. And take care of yourself as well. MTFBWY!
  8. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    And it is really nice to have a place where we will always listen.
  9. shinjo_jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Yes, it is :)

I actually don't think its gotten to bad. I just talked to him today in fact, no less than half an hour ago. He seems to be doing good, he got out of the hospital Saturday. He starts Kemo(sp?) Therapy this Friday, so I am alittle anxious to see whats going to happen with that. I am just praying that it doesn't get to much worse, to where its alot more serious that it currently is.

And thanks again to all of you, your support and words mean the world :)
  10. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    With this being the bad news thread, I have this to say:

I have had enough... the circle is now complete. I now realize my destiny.

Today I saw the girl I've been chasing for almost a year now at choir. She has one of those heart rings that girls nowadays wear to almost advertise (bet Amy'll like that Krash) whether or not they are single. (For example, if the heart is pointing away from them they are single, if it's pointing to them, they're taken) Today her heart was turned towards her. You can take this as a cheesy teenage drama, even though I'm 20, but you have no idea how difficult the last 2 1/2 years have been. Needless to say, she was my Padme when I was dealing with a lot of the complications of my mother's death and other issues. She was pretty much the only person who could redeem me. Now that is taken away. My hatred, bitterness, and anger have come to overwhelm me, and I can no longer resist...

I hereby formally announce my withdrawal from the Jedi Order... I now pledge my allegiance to the Sith. I was too compasionate for her, it was my undoing. Compassion always was the weak underbelly of the Jedi. It is too late for my redemption. I am Darth Ommus. Etra-Sco Pilna is no more. Lord Zod, I am more than willing to become your apprentice. YOU DON'T YET KNOW THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE!!!
  11. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    Although I find it saddening to hear of the bad news between you and this girl, I am ecstatic to know that you have finally come to see the light and embrace the Dark Side for all it's worth...the shroud has fallen and it will never rise again...Release your anger Ommus, let it control you. Let it take power over everything else, and you shall become most powerful. Together, we will overthrow the galaxy (or at least Cleveland) and reign supreme! At last, we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last, we will have revenge...
  12. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    Shinjo, sorry to hear about your family's health problems. Since I have no real religion and don't pray whatsoever, just know that I'll be thinking about them. In the grand karmic scheme of things those you have lost are in a better place and I know your grandfather can count on the love of his family.

Well, Random, that's an awful lot of stock to put into a ring. I've never heard of that. If the tale is true though, my g/f may want to turn hers around. :( Maybe she just put it on backwards? <joke>On the other hand, at least now I don't have to listen to you complain about not knowing.</joke>

-b-
  13. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    It's true B, I asked her. And way to put "on the other hand" into a joke about a ring. But alas, I am weak no more... the Dark Side empowers me as the light NEVER did!
  14. Darth-Zod Jedi Master

star 3
    Yes, excellent Random. Your first task is to get rid of that green jedi saber you have. Build a new one, I think you know which color it should be.

I have heard that about the ring turned in a certain direction. Originally those were only used as wedding rings in Ireland. A lot of women wear them these days, but women with Irish ancestry will still use them as a wedding ring. So the question is Random, which hand and finger is it on. It could be worse then you thought, she could be married!
  15. jangoboy71 Jedi Master

star 4
    random, being a bounty hunter i must be employed by one of the siths. if you ever need someone captured, killed, tortured or other such apin provoking acts, let me know
  16. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    way to go zod...
    nothing like ticking off a sith apprentice...

on the other hand...

Hmm... must be a showcase of my latent force comedy relief skills...

-b-
  17. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I already changed my profile and personal info before you told me to build a new saber, Master. Of course it's red. As for you, bounty hunter, the Sith have connections everywhere, but should your services be needed, you will be more than sufficiently compensated. My master and I will inflict our pain upon all so that they may feel it too... The Dark Side offers endless possibilities...

::ignites saber::

[|||o||]============================

::Force chokes some harmless no-name Imperial extra::

THERE WILL BE NO ONE TO STOP US THIS TIME!
  18. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    eh, the sith... what a bunch of hosers

-b-
  19. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    [[[[o]]]============================

*Force pulls BMack to himself and swiftly lops off that giant pimple above his neck that he otherwise refers to as his head...*

Let's see you talk smack about the Sith now...Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? Looks like I broke much more than that [face_devil]
  20. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    While I don't want to ignore shinjo's situation (his situation is a little more serious), I'm sorry to hear about the breakup Random.

She has one of those heart rings that girls nowadays wear to almost advertise (bet Amy'll like that Krash) whether or not they are single. Nope, I have no "frelling" idea of what you are talking about. Amy doesn't "advertise" her dating status...after 6 years, everyone knows we're together.

While I can understand your frustration Random, don't let this turn you towards the path of self-destruction that is the dark side. As I said before, the lose of a girlfriend is really a minor thing...you will find someone else.

Out of respect for shinjo's grandfather...can we move this Sith convention to another thread?
  21. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    All I meant by it Krash was that Amy does advertising, get it? And I said that this girl was advertising her status. I didn't mean Amy was.
  22. skyedancer Jedi Knight

star 2
    Random, I hope this isn't what Krash considers a dead thread but I'm fairly new here. I thought I wasn't very sympathetic yesterday about your romantic problems and then I got concerned when I heard you were turning to the Sith. Well, as someone who could be your aunt, let me just say: If you like a girl, you've got to let her know it(nicely) and not let necklaces stop you. Girls aren't mind-readers, you know! Hope this makes you reconsider your lifestyle choice!
  23. jangoboy71 Jedi Master

star 4
    he can't be turned back! he's already with us [face_devil]
  24. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Random, while playing with SW terminology is fun, there is one thing you said that worries me...
    She was pretty much the only person who could redeem me....

Dude, this Anakin-fantasy aside, nobody should have that much influence over who you are. I understand you've been through a rough time with the lose of your mother (you've mentioned it several times), but there are better ways to work through your grief...then rely on someone like this girl for "redemption." If you honestly liked this girl, relying on her for dealing with your mother's death...is alot to ask of someone. It may have been what drove her away from you.

I don't want to come across as preaching, but this kind of obsession can be bad for her, and dangerous for you. Please be careful!
  25. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    "If you honestly liked this girl, relying on her for dealing with your mother's death...is alot to ask of someone. It may have been what drove her away from you."

Krash, I did everything a Jedi would (with the exception of attachment in the first place)... I gave of my heart, purely, compassionately, entirely... AND THAT WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH. As I've already said, compassion always was the weak underbelly of the Jedi... specifically why I made my decision. Now with my new status, I don't have to rely on ANYONE. I have new-found strength and endless possibilites now. This party is over.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.