main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Great, this is going to be fun

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by shinjo_jedi, Oct 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    You forgot the most important part of that post...

...be careful!

2. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Random, I agree with everything Krash told you. He's so right about being careful. I hadn't realized that you had already tried to build a relationship with this girl and that I referred to a necklace when you were writing about her ring. (That's what I get for trying to read these boards and do posting when everyone around me keeps talking and interrupting me.) You need to find your strength and your redeeming within yourself and not from a girl--although I can understand your wanting to have a relationship.

3. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    and I thought my obsession with star wars was unhealthy! wow ;)

-b-

4. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    If I sound mean I don't mean to but I have been wanting to go out with a boy at school for like 3 YEARS. He knows I like him but he doesn't like me that way now. I'm not going to the dark side because of it. You should let your heart go to people you know for 100% you can trust. If you cannot get over one girl you like then what are you going to do later in your life?

5. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I GUESS WHAT THEY SAY ON KAMINO IS TRUE! WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS!!! ;)

Well, I got 2 phone numbers from 2 attractive girls this weekend (both of whom were sober at the time, and are legal, B and Don!), and the future is looking hopeful. And to top off an awesome weekend (w/ the only exception of having a test on Monday after it), today the girl I had been chasing IMs me and tells me this boyfriend she was with BROKE UP WITH HER!!! HAHAHAHA! I know revenge is not a characteristic of the Jedi, hence the ROTJ name change, but (warning: Office Space/Getto Boys reference)

#### IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A GANGSTA!!!

6. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    A REAL GANGSTA *(family board)* *(family board)* PLAYS HIS CARDS RIGHT...

And in the spirit of that line, play your cards right. Why did they break up? If he dumped her, she might be falling back on you as a crutch.

Guide us the Force does. Listen when it speaks we should.

-b-

7. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Um, I don't think she was falling back on me as a crutch... at least not for relationship reasons. I was just posting in delight in one of those "what goes around comes around" scenarios, not because I think she'll get with me now. Besides, one of those 2 girls I mentioned I just met above is a cute redhead who likes (reinforces likes, and is NOT hardcore about) Star Wars, thinks Dave Matthews is NOT God, unlike 90% of JCU, agrees that most JCU people are stupid in the "we're in college but we act like we're still in high school cuz we run in cliques, and to top it off, my clique is cooler than yours" kind of way, which I totally agree with, and has MET Trent Reznor's grandfather (she totally owns for that). Plus she has this infatuation with Matt Damon, who I'm told I look like all the time. That last little bit was a lie, but the rest is true. ;) Needless to say, I'm gonna ask her out once Fall Break is over here...

8. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    RI (Random Interjection): Check out my bad*(family board)* signature update!!!

9. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    Wow, she likes star wars, huh?

I remember those days. Back when it was just a "like." Then, like a cheap after-school special, it blossomed into a loving little crush, then an infatuation. Now, after 18 long years of fandom, it is a pure love-- no check that-- an obsession-- no check that-- a way of life.

Like Clarice Starling once said, "What do we covet? We covet what we see everyday..."

I think it's fair to say that I see something SW-related everyday. ;)

BTW Ranodm, see why I believe in karma, not an organized religion?

-b-

10. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    If things work out... hopefully she will make it a life, as you and I both apparently have...

As for religion or "karma" or "dharma" issue, naw, I don't see it... (I know what you're talking about, so you don't have to give me a schpeel explaining what you mean, cuz I know what you mean, I just don't agree with it as organized religion has been an integral part of my life) But whatever floats your boat...

11. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    Hey Random,

Sometime read "An American Jezebel" by Helen Augur. Biography on Anne Hutchinson. Her belief system, aside from basis in scripture and a few semantic issues, really hits home for me and kind of blows off organized religion as simply a tool for those who desire power or control. Her beliefs are based on faith and she stood against two established churches. When I get a chance sometime, I wanna float the general ideas your way to see what you think.

-b-

12. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    "Needless to say, I'm gonna ask her out once Fall Break is over here..."

I lied. We went for a walk tonight, and yeah, needless to say something's gonna be goin on after break, w00t w00t.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.