FF:NZ great TV shows which time forgot

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SimplyThrilledHoney, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    Anyone remember "Robin Of Sherwood", the British show from 1984/1985? I remember it from my childhood, but think my parents thought it was a bit scary for me so O only ever saw a few episodes. Anyway, I just bought all three seasons on DVD, and let me say, the show is AWESOME. The production values were really good for the time (not like, say, "Blake's 7" or "Doctor Who") and it was show on film rather than video, so it looks quite cinematic. Great actors, excellent, interesting plots, and a fascinating take on the Robin Hood myth, mixing up fairly accurate historical facts with pre-Christian pagan mysticism. Great stuff ... (pity Real Groovy charges $110 per box set, and that there's four of them to buy!)
  2. YouAgain Force Ghost

star 5
    I coughdownloadcough quite a few old school tv shows, because of the fact that box sets are so expensive....
  3. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    speaking of TV-awesomeness ... anyone watching "Wayne Anderson: Singer Of Songs" on TV2 on Tuesdays. My goodness it's so so so funny.
  4. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    I remember a memorable show made by the Jim Henson studio called 'The Storyteller'. It made DVD in the states, I see, but unlikely to make it here. The 80s were overall a good decade for tv, I think.
  5. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    and what about Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future - that was so cool.
    pretty short lived but it had some 'cutting edge' GG for its time :)
  6. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I still love - KOLCHAK - The Nightstalker
  7. zacparis VIP

star 7
    Anyone remember Children of the Dog Star? That show really freaked me out, I always think of it when I see a Daffodil. (I'm not even sure if that was the type of flower they used)
  8. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    That was a great series - Ko-LAB the funny star shaped extra-terrestrial object the kids found in the swamp. I remember the owl like white ghostly alien humanoids.

NZ made some quality kidult sci-fi series back in the day - Under the Mountain especially. That could do with a remake, maybe a movie. The Wilberforces were pretty silly in the TV show, silly shaggy suits where they were supposed to be giant slugs. Still had me scared silly though. Where are the DVD releases of these sorts of shows? :(
  9. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    I remember one called "The Boy From Andromeda" which was from the same writer as "Children of the Dog Star", Ken Catran. I remember all the books in the school library.
  10. solo77 Force Ghost

star 5
    Betty's Bunch??

My mates mum was on it as one of the 'baddies' :D
  11. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Terry Teo, anyone?
  12. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Who remembers the Tomorrow People?
  13. zacparis VIP

star 7
    It rings a very faint bell.
  14. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Loved that show with the jauntings and freaky paintings. Scared me silly, though not as silly as Sapphire & Steel
  15. YouAgain Force Ghost

star 5
    Man you guys are all old! way to show your age!
  16. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Force Ghost

star 3
    Speaking of old school shows, does anyone else remember AutoMan?

I think it was the guy from Babylon Five that was in it.
  17. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Desi Arnaz Jr. and/or Chuck Wagner?
  18. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I remember Automan, how about Manimal anyone?
  19. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
  20. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I still love The Greatest American Hero
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.