main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Greatest Hero of the New Republic

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by WRAITH_LEADER, Sep 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WRAITH_LEADER

WRAITH_LEADER Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2002
    So I was wondering what everyones personal opinion is on who the greatest hero of the New Republic is. This can include the rebillion as well. And I guess if you are an imperial fan, you can post the greast hero of the Empire as well.

So, my choice would have to be Wedge. Hands down the greatest fighter pilot in the galaxy. He blew up Two death Stars, single handedly lead the destruction of the Bacta Cartel, Engaged and defeated both the remaining Super star destroyers and has contributed a whole lot more.

2. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    //scratches head....

Didn't that Skywalker kid blow up the first Death Star? ?[face_plain]

3. WRAITH_LEADER

Sep 16, 2002
    Yea but Wedge was his wingman. So that counts for something right?

4. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    I guess it counts.

I gotta say the greatest hero is one of the unsung Rebel tacticians from the OT, guys like Jan Dodonna or General Riekeen who evacuated the entire Hoth base in a matter of hours. In the darkest days of the Rebellion, it's that kind of stuff that would have kept them kicking.

5. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    I'm voting for Luke Skywalker, the new hope. No one had the impact that he had on the galactic civil war.

6. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    I like Wedge and all, but he started out as Luke's wingman, and got knocked out of the fight.

A vote could seriously go towards Luke: Blew up first Death Star, fought Darth Vader twice and survived and defeated him. Withstood the Emperor's temptations (the first time at least), had to survive the murder of his Aunt and Uncle, the death of both his masters and the knowledge of knowing who his father was. Plus all of the countless other trials and tribulations that he has gone thru.

But with all of that said....I say Han Solo. He survived the smuggler life, Jabba the Hutt and the Carbonite Freezing, Kessel....Made the decision to come back and help out Luke and the Rebellion. Fought for and married Leia, survived fatherhood with the most sought after children in the galaxy and finally made it out of the dulldrums of watching his best friend die. The same friend that he saved from Enslavement. Just because he knew it was the right thing to do.

7. WRAITH_LEADER

Sep 16, 2002
    Yea, Han and Luke are both up there. But we are always hearing about there feats. You really have to pay attention to pick the great things that the minor characters have done. For instance, Mon Mothma, she pretty much established the New Republic. But you really don't hear much about it.

8. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Kyp Durron, hands down! :D

I still don't comprehend the meaning of this "hands down" thing you guys like using so much. :confused: :p

9. RockDragon

RockDragon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    This may sound slightly, alot, odd. But I think that, although he may not be the GREATEST, he is one of the best heroes. Is Darth Vader. He killed the Emperor, and saved Luke's life. Therefore destroying the Empire, and keeping another major hero alive.

10. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    It was Anakin Skywalker that did all that! Not Darth Vader! Get it right, dangit! :mad:

:p

11. RockDragon

RockDragon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Oh, I know that. It's just that when I think of that part in the movie, and think that it is Anakin. It's like I get this vision of an Ep1 anakin killing the Emperor with Shmi saying "Ani". Very scary for me. :p

12. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    You want to see scary? Visit my office in the EUDF base! :mad: [face_devil] [face_laugh]

[face_mischief] ;)

13. _JainaSolo-

_JainaSolo- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 31, 2002
    for me it's b/w luke,wedge,leia,and han

luke: blew up the first death star and help push darth vader towards killing the empoer(sorry about the spelling) he also restablised the jedi order. And has helped save the new republic tons of times

Wedge: helped w/ the first death star ,an dblew up the second one too. restablished rouge squadron, created wraith squadron. And he also saverd teh rebuplic a thousand times

Leia: has been the a leader of hte rebellion/Alliance for most of her life. and she has done alot in battles

Han: has save eeryone in teh new republic at least once. He helped destory both death stars, and he's done a ton of other stuff too

that's was prolly my longest post. lol

14. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Luke is a close second, but I have to go with

*********Leia*************

She fought in the Rebellion and has been working her butt off for the New Republic for all the right reasons.

15. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
  16. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Supreme Overlord Shimmra

17. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Princess Leia in the gold bikini! Grrrrrrrrrrrrowl! [face_mischief]

;)

18. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    Bikini aside, I'd have to vote for Leia. She's the one person that never stopped giving for the good of the galaxy.

19. Maverick15

Maverick15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    The easy way to go about this is too look at whose talents are in greatest demand or are irreplaceable. This would exclude Wedge first because Wedge could be replaced by Luke or any other very capable starfighter pilot, but I doubt that wedge could waltz into the emperor's throne room or do battle with Vader.And in all reality to actually put Wedge over Luke is preposterous. I know you guys want to be unique in picking your choices but this is inexcusable. Han would be next to be crossed off. So the only feasible picks for this are Luke and Leia. You can pick either of them over the other but for bias sake I would pick Luke because his role is more martial, and perceptible.

20. WRAITH_LEADER

Sep 16, 2002
    Alright So far the results are:

Wedge- 2
    Luke- 3
    General Dodonna -1
    General Riekeen -1
    Han -2
    Kyp -1
    Vader -1
    Leia -4
    Leia's Gold Bikini- Every Human male over 5
    C3PO- 1
    Supreme Overlord Shimmra- 1

21. Jedi_Master_Mazzara

Jedi_Master_Mazzara Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2001
    I'd have to go with 2-1B.

22. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    LUKE!!!! It has to be Luke! Luke! Luke! Luke!

23. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
  24. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    2 1-b... [face_laugh] If his head was any larger, it would explode. :D

Seriously, it was Leia. Luke, Han, Wedge, etc were great fighters during the Rebellion. They fought in the NR too. However, Leia fought with the Rebellion, and was head of the New Ruplic. She really deserves the title of the Greatest Hero of the NR. :)

~*~Bria

25. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.