main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Greatest Live Performance of a John Williams Song

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Lee_, May 1, 2013.

1. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I am surprised that the audience didn't start headbanging to this, or even break out into a full mosh pit. This performance is just beyond epic. This is easily my favorite, post yours if you have one.

2. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Amazing.

3. MRCynical

MRCynical Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 7, 2008
    I was gonna say that one when I saw the thread title! The fact that it's the Vienna Philharmonic doing it just adds to the brilliance factor. The same performance also included the Main Title and Leia's Theme, again probably the best ever live performances of those. Leia's Theme is done beautifully, and when those trademark Vienna Phil strings come in ^:)^. The main title is simply thunderous - even more so than the Imperial March [edit: maybe wouldn't go that far. Just re-listened to TIM from this and forgot how unrelentingly awesome it is]. All three are well worth a listen.

For anyone who wants better-than-YT sound quality, DG sell it as a lossless download (per-track or album) here:

http://www.deutschegrammophon.com/en/cat/single?PRODUCT_NR=4763793

4. SookMidrub

SookMidrub Jedi Knight

Mar 18, 2009
    No greater chills did I get than to actually see the man himself conduct the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra live and in person. I couldn't smile, I couldn't cry...I just sat there biting my fingernails knowing that this was so unbelievable that when it was over, I stood up and didn't sit down for 5 minutes, just clapping...like everyone else in the house...

DarthBoba and Lee_ like this.