main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Greatest Moment in Star Wars

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Slyuss, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slyuss

Slyuss Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2002
    From an Aussie perspective, what do people think as the greatest moment in Star Wars?
    Could it be:
    The killing of Darth Maul?
    The spine-tingling slaughter of Tuskens by the enraged Anakin?
    The Yoda fighting scene?
    When the Jawas shoot R2 and he falls (that cracks me up all the time)?
    Obiwan v Darth Vader?
    Luke blowing up the Death Star?
    "you scruffy-lookin Nerf hearder!"..."Who's scruffy-lookin?"
    When Vader says, "I AM YOUR FATHER"?
    When Leia is in the slave bikini?
    When Vader kills Palps?
    Or the Yub Chub sung by the ewoks at the end?
    AND MANY MANY MANY MOOOOOORE!!!!!!
    oh yeah... and if your sick... the first time QuiGon meets Jar Jar =)

My faverout is when Lando says, "That was too close" in ROTJ.

Your faverout moments!?

2. Jedi_jem

Jedi_jem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    I'd have to say Luke Vs. Vader in ESB. Although, I think the whole Tusken slaughter/Confession Scenes are great.

3. darth_brutus

darth_brutus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Mine has to be right at the final dual in ROTJ and the music that accompanies it, right from the part where Luke screams out "Nooo" and charges Vader. :cool:

4. Jedi_jem

Jedi_jem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Thanks Brutus! Can't believe I forgot that, that has to be one of my favourite scenes as well.

5. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    How can one be asked to pick one favourite moment from Star Wars?! Now, I do admitt that some moments are better then others... but I shall narrow it down to one, not scene - but concept.

The might of the Empire.

From the opening scenes in ANH of the SD chasing the Tantive IV and the stormtroopers wasting the worthless rebels, to the second Death Star in Jedi when the emperor lands among the rows of the stormtroopers with the still faithful Vader greeting his master. I just hope we will see the full might - something that might not have been seen in the OT due to limited CGI - in Episode 3.

6. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Damir, I would add to that list the end of AOTC, with Palpatine and others watching the might of the Republic's new army and the Imperial March trumpeting proudly in the background, heralding the dark times to come. Though not a scene of the Empire itself, it signals the might that will soon become the Empire.

Alongside that moment, I would have to also put the scene that brutus mentioned in ROTJ, as well as the destruction of the first Death Star, arguably the turning point of the galactic civil war, when people realised the Rebellion was not just a hastily thrown together group of criminals, but a force to be admired.

7. darth_brutus

darth_brutus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    [face_shocked] How could I forget the Dawn of the Empire at the end of AOTC!

8. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Smiles proudly.

We have a good core bunch of true Imperials here: you all make me very proud.

One thread full of so many imperialistic passion...it takes me back to the days of the EUC Civil War...

I agree that the Luke vs. Vader scene in the throne room with HIM Palpatine in the background is the defining moment for me as a fan. When I heard the "Emperor's Theme" hit the crescendo with HIM's cackle of glee, I was filled with the conviction that any disciple of the New Order has.

The end of the AOTC is also a highlight; along with when we see the Imperial Fleet in both ESB and ROTJ: including the magnificently bueatiful Executor, the flagship of his magnificence, Lord Vader.

Of course, anything that involves a scene with HIM Emperor Cos Palpatine is a must see for me: especially with excellent acting talents of Ian McDiarmid to compliment the epitome of mankind that is, HIM Palpatine.

9. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    It has to be when Vader declares to Luke, "I...am your father." Then a really brass-y version of Imperial March draws out the emotion very well. Great stuff. My favourite moment by far.

10. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Yes how can one pick one moment? SOmetimes the little things are very profound!

The toturing of droids by droids in Jabba's care. Funny and thought provoking!

11. laifir

laifir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    When Vader tells the Emperor he has "felt" Luke. I mean c'mon, you can't tell me that didn't make you laugh.
    Ah, I know, I'm twisted.
    But seriously, the "I am your father bit" was kewl.

12. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Seeing the ineffective ATSTs and ATATs for the first time in Hoth. Funny ha ha.

13. master-kylekatarn

master-kylekatarn Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2003
    I'll have to agree with Hawk, I loved the end of AOTC seeing the dawn of the empire and palpatine standing watching.. however I believe that Star Wars has some really great moments... eg. "I am your father", Yoda fighting with a lightsaber in AOTC, Anakin killing the tuskens etc... I'm sure Episode III will have plenty more!!

14. Jedi_Jess

Jedi_Jess Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    My favourite has to be Anakin with the Tusken raiders and then with Padme.

But other moments that really rate for me are: *the Darth Maul/Qui Gon/Obi Wan duel
    *The first Vader and Luke duel
    *Death of the first Death Star (that whole battle)

15. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Tusken Raiders taking pot shots at the pod racers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.