main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Greatest Star Wars Baby names

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jace_Halycron, Oct 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    I always thought Viqi was like "Vee Key". LOL, maybe that can be another thread over at Lit :D

Heh, I'd call my son "Moff". Then he could have his Moffternoon nap. lol, geddit? ;) [face_mischief]

2. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    *rolls her eyes*

Maybe I'll marry someone who doesn't know anything about SW, so when I say, "Honey, can we name the baby <insert SW name>" he won't be suspicious.

Of course, if I named a boy Anakin, it's kind of obvious...unless he hasn't seen SW, but that's unlikely.

3. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Mirax is 'kinda cool, I like Jagged, a.k.a Jag, too.

4. RogueJaina

RogueJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    Qwi, you're actually going to ASK? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of child-bearing? Women have the children, so they get to name them. Or they should, anyway. (Just as long as they have the sense not to actually name their kid Jagged.)

5. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Very good point. I agree...And I'm sure I will use just that argument.

Husband: WHAT? You are not naming our child after Darth Vader!

Me: I'm NOT! I'm naming him after Anakin SOLO!

Hubby: Who?

Me: Han and Leia's son!

Hubby: No one's going to know about that Anakin!

Me: They will if they know anything about SW!

Hubby: YOU CAN'T!!!

Me: Do you want to push this kid out after hours of torturous pain? Does your back hurt? Are your feet swollen? Can you not sleep at night because of the crushing weight on your lungs? NO? Exactly. Anakin it is.

Oh, yeah. It will probably go just like that.

6. RogueJaina

Jul 6, 2001
    Go, Qwi! Although you might want to wait until you're actually IN LABOR to bring it up- that way, he'll be less likely to argue. [face_devil]

7. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Hehehe...I like that idea. [face_devil]

8. Ghent42

Ghent42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    You guys are like sadistic femminists or something

9. RogueJaina

Jul 6, 2001
    I may be sadistic, but I wouldn't call myself feminist... I do think that women have a harder time physically, and so men should have to ask them out and propose and let the women name the babies, though.

How about Ghent?

10. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    If I could get away with it, I'd like to name a future kid Jacen...Jaina for a girl. My name is Geoff, so keeping the family names with different spellings would be cool; there are alot of J.K. in my family, mom picked my spelling because she wanted to be different.
    On the lighter side... when Ben Skywalker can't sleep, does Luke and Mara call him "Cranky-Wan Kenobi" :) :) :)

11. RogueJaina

Jul 6, 2001
  12. Corran9

Corran9 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    I WILL name my first born Corran....regardless if its a boy or girl or both. And I dont care what the mother thinks of that either...she can kiss my @$$ if she doesnt like it.

13. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    LOL! I know a girl named Danner, so naming a girl Corran wouldn't be too odd, I guess :p

For me Jaina would probably be the greatest possibility. Kyp would probably only work as a middle name, and if he ever had to admit it he'd roll his eyes and go "my mom is a star wars fan". It would be cruel to name a kid Kyp as a first name. I'd have to be on crack. ;) Unfortunately I know first hand the kind of teasing you can get on the playground and I happen to have a very common name!

Jae Angel (not my real name)

14. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    Hm, I dunno... Corran is pretty man-ish.

I could name a baby Jaina or Jacen without batting an eyelid, sure, but I wouldn't. Why? Because I;m supposed to give my baby a Japanese name, like mine and my father's and his fathers... At least, that's the way dad wants it (rolls eyes). But I think women should get to name the kids - I mean, hell, they do most of the work.

Oh, but never say that men don't do any hard work durning the pregnancy of someone they care about. I mean, you should have seen my dad when my mom was getting ready for my little brother - he took off from work and spent all day buying her food, renting her movies, and talking to her so that she'd feel nice and appreciated.

15. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    That's sweet!

Actually, now that I think about it I kind of like the name Corran for a girl. (I suppose you could spell it Corranne or something to make it look more like a girl's name, but even as it is I think it's cool.) If she needed a nickname she could always go by "Cori" and having names that are a bit unusual can be nice.

By the way, I actually know someone named Callista. She hates it, but she has no idea of the Star Wars connection. (I think she was named after a great great aunt or something.)

16. RogueJaina

Jul 6, 2001
    Aww, how sweet, SW. I'd rather any husband of mine was at work, taking care of supporting me and my kids.

17. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    Jag/Jagged all the way!

18. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Jag... now there's one I didn't think of. What about... Wes? That's actually a normal one...

19. RogueJaina

Jul 6, 2001
    Tycho wouldn't be too bad. You could call him "Ty", and no one would have to know that it wasn't Tyson or Tyler if you didn't want them to.

20. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Quick question - is it pronounced "Tai-coe" or "Tai-cho"?

21. Ghent42

Ghent42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    I always thought it was pronounced TIE-coe

22. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    I don't know. But 'Tai' and 'Tie' are pronounced the same way.

23. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    When I write in invented phonetics, I always write "Tai" because that's how it's spelled in the word "Taiko". As in the drums. Which my father knows how to play.

24. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    WHOOPS! Accedentally hit the button twice...!

25. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    I'm used to watching anime, so whenever they have someone named 'Tai' or whatever, that's how they spell it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.