main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Greatest Star Wars Baby names

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jace_Halycron, Oct 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueJaina

RogueJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    Ooh, you really are evil.

2. Light_Side

Light_Side Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2002
    I have a very common name, and it's because of that I will name kid (or kids) with uncommon names.
    Gavin.
    Wedge.
    Tahiri.
    Tenal Ka.
    Teniniel.
    Djo.
    Corran.
    Scotti (Girl)
    Storm. (Girl)

I am evil! Wedge is the best boy name ever! Nickname: Wedgie! [face_devil]

3. Zarhooie

Zarhooie Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2002
    well, my mum named her first two dogs Chewbacca and Wookie, if that means anything..... i like Tahiri too, for some strange and twisted reason.....

4. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    I like Mara.

I also like Corran for a guy...but i think im naming my kid Tarkin.

Or Moff.

Or...Guri...or Yoda...or Mace...

5. Miss_Jaina

Miss_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    I like:

Adi
    Jag(he'd just be Jag not Jagged)
    Amidala/Ami
    Jacen
    Jaina
    Han

Well I actually want to name my first girl Magnolia Rose. Her siblings can have SW names.

~Miss Jaina

6. RogueJaina

RogueJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    I'll probably just give my kids SW middle names (except Mara Jade and Luke Jacen).

7. Mom2_4Jedi

Mom2_4Jedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2001
    Hi, I've posted on once before on this board, but don't remember where. My friend set it up for me because I am a completely ignorant to how these message board things work!

Anyway, 4 of my 5 children have Star Wars names.

Anakin Lucas is 12 years old --since Episode One (and soon Episode Two) was released we get a few more strange looks. But since we named him long before Episode One came out, he is secure with it.

Twin girls (fraternal) Leia and Jaina are 7 years old--twins run in my side and my husband's side of the family and it is tradition on my husband's side that there are no middle names for twins, so we followed with that.

Talon Karrde is our 4 year old. His name is very unique and we get the most questions about his. His middle name was somewhat a consolation on my part. I really couldn't come up with a good one and my husband suggested we just use Karrde--I hated the idea at first, but the more I thought about it, the more I liked it.

I would not change my kids names even in hindsight--their names are as individual as they are. They are very well-adjusted and great kids. They may get teased sometimes, but they take it all in stride and know that they are very well-loved by their parents. We don't dwell on the point of origin of their names and surprisingly Anakin and Talon don't even like Star Wars that much, they would much rather read or play Harry Potter!

A (former) teacher told Anakin once that we were cruel and stupid for giving him a name like that--Anakin told him there were a bunch of Michael's in school, but only one Anakin and that he liked having a different name from anyone else's.

I don't justify my kids names to anyone and I don't feel I have to either. With all the evils in the world today that kids have to face--providing them with unending love and support is far more important than wasting time wondering about what somones else thinks of the names we gave our kids!

Needless to say, my husband and I are avid fans of the Star Wars movies and books, but we don't push that onto the kids (except the names). We let them decide what they like and dislike. We've read them a couple of the Young Jedi books and they've seen the movies, but that is about it. Jaina and Talon get mad because they aren't "in" the movies! Technically Talon isn't in the books (that we've read to him) either, so we just make up stories with him "in" them, after all he is only 4!

Thanks for letting me share my "Star Wars" family with you. Next time I visit my friend, maybe I will post again.

8. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I ever have a daughter some day I will name her Kiera Jade, a tribute to two characters, actually. The first name I got from a really cool character in a Peter F. Hamilton novel, and the second one is fairly obvious, I woudl think... :D

9. Tenel_Ka_Djo

Tenel_Ka_Djo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2002
    Well, if I'd a boy Id name him Anakin, it's a really lovely name :), if the kid turns out good it's Ok, and if he's bad (bet he won't) it'll be OK too :D. So, my favourite names are:
    Anakin
    Tahiri
    Mara (it's a common name here in Spain:) )

10. Doughreyme

Doughreyme Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Tam (from Rebel Dream and Rebel Stand). I dunno, the name and character attached has grown on me. ^|^

Edit: Also Jaina, Jacen, Anakin, Kyp, and Alema seem like pretty solid names.

11. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Ganner, Jade, Jag, Kyp and Valin are all good names.

12. Jedi_Trickster

Jedi_Trickster Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    For a girl: I like the names Mara, Jysella, Tahiri, Falynn, Tionne, Iella, and Syal. For a guy: Airen, Jacen, Kyp( I know a guy with this name, but its spelled K-i-p), and Corran sound cool. :)

13. Light_Side

Light_Side Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2002
    Hehe. I can see it now: Child taken away from parents because of name being from sci-fi movie, and causing total embarasment, also for the mire fact that no one knows the proper way to pronounce the name.

That would be halariouse! I'd laugh, and laugh, and laugh, and then I'd stop to catch my breath and laugh some more.

Seriousely though,

Jaina (I sounds real)
    Leia (Hawaiian for child of heaven; heavenly flowers)
    Luke
    Mara
    Anakin (whilist trying to avoid strange looks)
    Han (I could be real, that and it sounds cool)
    Wedge (I really like this name :) )
    and, last but definatly not lest... Da dada DA!!!
    Tasvong!!!!
    (I'm only kidding. Had you going there, didn't I?)

14. Balance_Point

Balance_Point Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    The Star Wars universe tends to have better girls' names than the real one, in my opinion. :) Here are a few I like:

Iella
    Syal
    Tahiri
    Aurra
    Bria
    Sirra

The nice thing is, there's a lot of diversity nowadays and many girls have unusual names, and most if not all (at least in my experience) are perfectly accepted and don't get teased at all. For boys it's a bit harder, but it's getting better for them too. Speaking of, here are my favorite Star Wars boys' names.

Jacen (I do plan on using this name if I have a boy; it's one of my favorites)
    Valin
    Gavin
    Tycho
    Corran
    Ghent

I think they all have a nice sound to them. :)

15. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    cool thread. I know a kid named Anakin (seriously. we played baseball together) and he hates it and I don't know why. :confused:

but Jace_Halycron thanks for starting this thread because I need a name for 'someone's' baby for a fic i'm writing and it is going to be from Star Wars. so HELLPPP!

16. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    I bet everyone forgot about this tread.

Anyway for girl's names I'd go with Zena(Wedge's mother) and Jade.

For guy's names I'd go with Gavin and Derek(Hobbies'real name).

17. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    As Halloween approaches, more dead threads return to their former lives... 8-}

It would be cruel to name a kid Kyp as a first name. I'd have to be on crack.

I know someone named Kip.

Callista Archibald Marmaduke Qyrgg Jp't'tan Durron Skywalker Organa Jade Zaarin.
    I like it...10 names!

I also know someone whose mother has 10 names.

But Marmaduke... *shudder*

18. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Lara is not from Mara and Leia. It also is NOT the same as "Laura". When pronounced properly, it rhymes with Mara. It's an old Russian petname for Larissa. Doesn't anyone remember Doctor Zhivago?

Here are names that COULD work:
    Leia/Leah (sometimes pronounced Lee-ah), it's a Biblical name
    Han
    Luke
    Mara
    Lara
    Garik (my friend's sister had a crush on this guy named Garrick. We used to tease her so bad about him!)
    Dia
    Jaina
    Jacen
    Fiolla
    Tyria
    Derek
    Wes
    Iella
    Kell
    Lusa
    Ben
    Danni
    Callista
    Gaeriel
    Gara
    Bria
    Zena

Actually, I don't plan on using Star Wars names. I'm going to name my kids after European royalty. So I'd like to have:
    Olga
    Tatiana
    Marie
    Anastasia
    Alexei
    Nicholai
    Dmitri
    Alexander
    Victoria
    Irina
    Vassily
    Ivan

19. Elori

Elori Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    I like Nikoly, Dmitri, and Vladimir 8-}

20. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Definitely Gavin, Mara and Wes. Maybe some of the others.

21. Darth_Callista

Darth_Callista Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2002
    I have wanted to name my children Callista Jade and Corran Michael

22. trianiigirl

trianiigirl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 21, 2002
    I told some friends once that I'd like to name twins (if I ever had them) Luke and Leia, Jacen and Jaina, or Anthony and Cleopatra. They said they wouldn't let me. I thin kon ethreat went something along the lines of "I'll come to your house and fill your bathrooms with live flamingoes".

Anyway. If I wanted to be super-original, I'd name my kids Atuarre (girl), Pakka, and Keeheen (boys).

Long live the Trianii!!!

Oh, and I like Jagged too. And Syal. And Shawnyker (or however its spelled)

23. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    Wow! When I 1st posted I didn't think anyone else would after me.

Anyway....Gerrik is cool and also Shalla too.

24. RockDragon

RockDragon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Fellow posters,

I am here on behalf of the NEUE. If we have posted this request in here before, please forgive us. :) I am going around asking all of the threads if they would put a governor from their thread in the NEUE. The governor would not have to attend meetings like a Senator would in the Senate, they would just report problems from their thread to the NEUE. We will try and help you out as best as we can. Mainly what we are trying to accomplish, is a quicker, more efficient, alternative to the EUIS, and to try and make a self-government with only major problems being reported to the mods. I thank you for your time, and if you have any questions just pm me. :) If you want to appoint a governor for your thread, either pm me or put up a post in The EU Empire thread naming your Governor. Thank you for your time. :)

Sincerely,

Empress RockDragon

25. WarmasterDan

WarmasterDan Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 3, 2002
    Jaina is the best girl name. Jacen is the best boy name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.