main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Greatest Star Wars Scenes

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by DarthBong0202, Apr 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBong0202

DarthBong0202 Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2003
    For Me It Would Half To Be The Pit Of Carkoon In Return Of The Jedi. That Or The Yoda,Dokuu Ligtsabre Duel In Clones

2. GrandAlmightyMaster

GrandAlmightyMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2003
    My fav scenes are

Luke lookin up towards the double moons in ANH

Vader reveling he's Luke's dad in TESB

The the Luke, Vader, Plaps confrontation at the end of ROTJ

and Anakin slautering the tuskens in AOTC

3. anakinsrightarm

anakinsrightarm Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    Good post. I think about it in two ways...one from storytelling (pure dialogue) way, and one from an action sequence way.

Insofar as story delivery my favorite scenes are: (in no order)

- Obi Wan telling Luke about his father in A New Hope
    - Vader's confession to Luke
    - Anakin's confession of the Tusken slaughter to Padme
    - Yoda, Ben and Luke discussing whether or not to train Luke
    - Yoda's confirmation of Luke's suspicions in Jedi
    - Han & Leia's "goodbye" in ESB
    - Vader's redemption & death in ROTJ

Insofar as action sequences: (in no order)

- Vader vs. Luke (ESB)
    - Qui Gon & Kenobi vs Maul in Menace
    - The attack on the Death Star in ANH
    - The battle on Geonosis in Clones
    - Kenobi vs Jango in Clones
    - the Pod race in Menace

4. Darth-Floyd

Darth-Floyd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    The scene, where the falcon returns from hyperspace, and approching the death star in ANH. When kenobi says:it is no moon,it is a space station! and Solo says:it can´t bee, it is to big! And his last comment:Chewie, put on the auxiliary power!

what if they got enough auxiliary power?.......

5. ForceHeretic

ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    TPM - The entire lightsaber battle at the end, so fun to watch

AOTC - Tusken Slaughter, Palpatine looking over the clones as they play the imperial march

ANH - When Han saves Luke while over the Death Star

ESB - "I am your father"

ROTJ - Vader's redemption & death & funeral. The celebrating after the Death Star is destroyed (SE edition is even better)

6. EvenflowSith

EvenflowSith Jedi Master star 3

May 14, 2001
    "Anakin! Anakin!"
    Followed by
    "Noooooooo!"
    That scene (from AOTC) makes you wonder.

7. Darth_Thump

Darth_Thump Jedi Master star 2

Aug 26, 2002
    Having watched Episode IV for the first time in a wee while (what can I say I'm really getting into I and II),
    the scene just before Vader kills Obi Wan, Obi Wan gives Vader this 'look' that IMO is him saying, "Gotcha", as if Luke cannot fail in help bring about the prophecy as a result of Obi Wan's distraction.

8. TK421_DoUCopy

TK421_DoUCopy Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2002
    Binary Sunset.

9. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    If I had to give the ONE single greatest scene from all of Star Wars, its probably the final celebration scene in ROTJ for me.

Its what the whole saga leads up to. Its the pay off, for all of the fighting, all of the grief, pain, suffering, and for all of the struggle.

Its the ultimate feel-good scene, especially with the new Special Edition music, its just perfect. It makes me cry, makes me smile, and gives me goosebumps everytime.

:D

10. V-Darthavich-Lenin

V-Darthavich-Lenin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2002
    My favorite diolog scene is Vader and Luke talking in ROTJ right after Luke has turned himself in.
    For action scenes:
    1 moment- In ESB when Han says "Well, we can still out maneuver 'em." And the Falcon takes a suden nose dive and the 2 Star Destroyers colide.
    Sequence-Probably the end of ROTJ when there is the space battle, the battle on Endor, and the battle between Luke and Vader all going on at once.

11. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    "OH Im afraid the deflector sheild will be operational when your friends arrive" I love that scene so much. i also love the scene in ep5 when the snowtroopers enter the base and two run in with Vader behind them. his presents is sweet likeWHAT.

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    ANH: Favorites are probably the Death Star destruction and CGI walk-on of Boba Fett in the SE. Least favorite
    scenes - Aunt Beru yelling 'LUUKE'

ESB: Favorites are the Bounty Hunter Lineup - first sight of my favorite character (Boba Fett). Also Cloud City scenes with Fett and Vader. No real 'least favorites' here

ROTJ: My least favorite scene in the Saga - Pit of Carkoon. Always fast-forward thru Boba's dive. Celebration at the end in the SE is good, however

TPM: Not crazy about the film. Worst scenes - anything with JarJar. Pod Race action was well done

AOTC: Favorite scenes - Jango/Kenobi fight, Slave I in the asteroid belt. Least favorite scene - Jango's Death (and anything with JarJar)

13. Herbert_Dinkleberry

Herbert_Dinkleberry Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2003
    My all time personal favourite scene is of Boba Fett going into the Pit of Carkoon.
    A great forever lasting end to "The Biggest Waste of Space" in the Star Wars galaxy.

I also loved to see Maul kicking the @ss of those wimpy-scum Jedi.

14. lil_jedi_blondie

lil_jedi_blondie Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2003
    When Obi-Wan and Luke meet up with Han and Chewie.

15. JediHunterCommand

JediHunterCommand Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    The emotional highlight of the saga was always the Cloud City duel. No question, it has the biggest impact.

16. ForceHeretic

ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    I think the ROTJ duel has even more impact, because its in that duel that Vader redeems himself and fulfills the prophecy

Every time I watch Vader looking from the emperor to Luke being tortured back and forth and finally saving Luke I get goosebumps

Especially when Luke manages to yell "Father please!" in between screams

Such a beautiful scene

17. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    I am in complete agreement, ForceHeretic. Goosebumps EVERY time. :)

RotJ probably has the most emotional impact out of all of the movies. Yoda's death, Anakin's redemption, the defeat of Palpatine and the Empire...

18. TheFury

TheFury Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2003
    As far as the prequels go -

TPM-
    R2 saving the ship. Great introduction.

Duel Of The Fates. The greatest sword fight I've ever seen.

The Gungan v Droid battle. I just love the way it looks.

Anakin looking at the stars and proclaiming "I'm gonna be the first one to see them all!".

AOTC -
    Shmi's death.

Anakin killing the Tuskens and his confession.

The Picnic scene where Anakin just sits there and maps out the entire future and talks about how he likes the idea of a dictatorship with someone wise(Palpatine) in charge. Then when he sees the reaction on Padmes face, he laughs it off as a joke.

The Clone battle.

In fact AOTC is packed with great scenes.

19. Boss_Breenis

Boss_Breenis Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2003
    But I wanted to go to Toshii station to pick up some power convertors
    You rebel scum

20. The___

The___ Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    1 moment- In ESB when Han says "Well, we can still out maneuver 'em." And the Falcon takes a suden nose dive and the 2 Star Destroyers colide.

I've never heard anyone else say they liked that part. I love that part. It's so cool.
    "Take evasive action!!!"

Anyway, my favorite scene would have to be Luke struggling, getting pelted by debris sent via the force from Vader at Cloud City. Then he gets sucked out the window. Up to the point of "No. That's not true. That's impossible!"
    "Search your feelings you KNOW it to be true."
    "Noooooooo! NOooooooo!"

The end.

21. DexVader_22

DexVader_22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2003
    if you want to talk about goosebumps, the very end of AotC when nothing but music is playing.

They show Palpatine looking over his clones with pride as Bail puts his head down in shame.
    then they flash to anakin and padme's marriage on Naboo. they are seen looking out into the sunset.

i always keep the movie playing till the credits are done rolling and the music is done playing. its kinda sad that the only part of the movie that gives me chills is the part when no one is talking.

22. Naberrie_SkyWalker

Naberrie_SkyWalker Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 30, 2002
    since most of the BIG scenes are a given..I am gonna mention my favorite "little" scenes..except two big scenes that I cant elieve havnet been mentioned..
    ANH-Obi pulling hood down when he arrives after tusken attack..Darth Vaders ENTRANCE..and Medal Ceremony at the end..

ESB-R2 and Yoda fighting over flashlight ..Leia and Han interlude in the astroid(and people wonder why women like "scoundrels")..

ROTJ-luke/han dialouge after blowing up jabba.."i was born here you know..your going to die here.."and one of my ALL time funniest moments of SW is when they get captured by the Ewoks who think 3PO is deity and when Han tells him to use is "divine power" 3PO says he is not programmed for that..Hans look is priceless and I swear Mark Hamil looks like he is about to crack up..

TPM- Qui/Obi/JarJar scene when they convince JJ to take them to Gungan City..goodbye scene between anakin/shmi..

AOTC-anakin/Padme on refugee ship(Hayden's total "look how inncoent and adorable I can really be" smile at the end just totally makes that scene..then to see the toal EVIL in his eyes at Shmi death scene..confession scene..and have to mention "I love the republic."

23. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
  24. MonMartha

MonMartha Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    I give props to the appearance of Mon Mothma. One woman's presence sends a hush over a room full of soldiers . . . :)

The debate over whether or not they should attempt to rescue Leia ("She's rich.") A classic pragmatism vs. idealism tug-of-war, like many decisons in life.

Han and Leia, together in the hold of the Falcon . . . and C3-PO interrupts!

Leia kisses Luke in front of Han and Chewie laughs. The blissful look on Luke's face is priceless!

The appearance of Obi-Wan in ANH: My heart leaps every time the hood comes off. :)

Luke and Yoda and the X-wing: believe in yourself.

Hmm. Prequels too?

TPM: Qui-Gon to Ani: I wish it were true.

Palpy to Ani: We'll be watching your career with great interest!

AOTC: see the "favorite character" thread on that board.

25. george_starwars

george_starwars Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2002
    This does not contain in-depth discussion. It's a "what's your favorate" thread. Please take this to SW Community

As a member of the FMS (Fake Mod Squad), I'm locking this.

(LOCK)

GS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.