main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Greatest Star Wars Scenes

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by DarthBong0202, Apr 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. george_starwars

george_starwars Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2002
    Upping this so the MODS will see it and lock it. Glad to see everyone tool my advice :) You were smart. 8-}

Still: (LOCK)

GS

2. ForceHeretic

ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2002
  3. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    In ROTJ, when Luke confronts Vader in the hallway.
    This scene is the linchpin of the entire saga.

4. RahrKast

RahrKast Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2003
    I can't decide on a single best scene...
    But I get goosebumps every time during these:
    -Darth Mauls appearance in front of all the Naboo soldiers and the 2 Jedi
    -Anakins confession scene to Padmé
    -fight between OB1 and Jango Fett ( :cool: )
    -Luke looking at the 2 suns
    -Palpatine overlooking his clone army in AOTC
    -The Emperor arriving on Death Star 2
    -THE END CELEBRATION! Party! :p

5. jobie

jobie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2001
    TPM- Double doors slide open to reveal Darth Maul (very cool)
    AOTC- Anakin's kick ass lightsaber twirl just before yoda arrives at the arena.

ANH- Luke scans the tatooine plains with his binoculars looking for R2.(love the early nightfall look to it)
    ESB- Luke gathering the force while hanging upside down in the wompa cave(powerful moment for the young jedi)
    ROTJ- Luke and Vader's exchange before Luke is brought before the emporer.(The first glimpse of Anakin Skywalker buried deep within that evil machine)

6. TheDiva

TheDiva Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2003
    In The Phantom Menace, it would be the podracing and Darth Maul looking up at the two jedi's.

In Attack of the Clones, Speeder Chase, the Jedi fighting Arena, The Astroid Field. I love the sound of Sesimic(sp.?)charges. Also when Obi-Wan crashes trough the window.

In A New Hope, the cantina scene. The Darth Vader when he talks to Leia.(my love)

In Empire Strikes Back, when Yoda falls off Luke. (His face reaction and the way he annoying Luke.)

In Return of the Jedi, It would be Carrie Fisher in a bikini.[drooling when thinking about her.]

7. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    one of my favorite scenes is when Darth Maul appears all by himself and Obiwan and Qui Gon walk up like "WHAT"

8. Obi-Wan022000

Obi-Wan022000 Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2003
    My favorite scenes are:

Luke vs. Vader (ESB)

The scene in Phantom Menace when Maul kills Qui-Gon and he and Obi-Wan are on opposite sides of the red energy field with Maul pacing. (Very Cool)

Vader's revelation to Luke

Obi-Wan vs. Jango Fett in ATC

The destruction of the second Death Star.

9. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Greatest scene? Why, that's easy: The Cantina.
    Most famous scene? "No, I am your father."

10. Emi-Yan_Tetu

Emi-Yan_Tetu Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2001
    ROTJ SE victory celabration.

11. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    One of the most favorite seens I love the most is when Dooku and ObiWan are fighting near the cave on Dagaba and Obiwan swings around a vine and slashes Count Dooku in the back while Yoda is holding the baby just watching. I watch It over and over again

12. Chewie18977

Chewie18977 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2003
    when oola pops out of her top ;)

13. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    TPM--The duel and Qui-Gon's death, Anakin winning the Podrace.

AotC--The first kiss, the meadow picnic, Obi-Wan questioning Jango, the Obi/Ani/Yoda/Dooku duel, the rise of the Empire and the wedding.

ANH--Vader striking Obi-Wan down, Vader's entrance, Han returning to help blow up the DS, "The Force is strong with this one," and Obi-Wan giving Luke Anakin's lightsaber.

ESB--Yoda lifting the X-Wing, Luke/Vader in the Cave, Han and Leia's goodbye on Bespin, "No. I am your father," and the telepathic conversation between Luke and Vader (well, Anakin in that scene, IMO).

RotJ--Luke and Leia's conversation about their parents, Yoda's death, Luke learning the truth about his father, Luke and Vader (Anakin again) conversation on the landing platform, Anakin turning on the Emperor, Anakin's death, funeral, and appearance with Yoda and Obi-Wan, the SE end celebration.

14. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    TPM - Opening raid on the TF ship. Swim to Otah Gunga. R2 saves the day. The Pod Race. The lightsaber duel.

AotC - Speeder Chase.The Tusken Slaughter. Confession. Battle of Geonosis. Yoda's Duel. The march of the clones. Wedding. All-new classic moments.

ANH - Wow. Tons here. Opening crawl. The Star Destroyer overhead fly-by. The sunset. Obi-Wan's entrance. Cantina. TIE fighter pursuit. Death Star battle. End ceremony.

ESB - Star Destroyer fleet. Battle of Hoth. Asteroid Field. Yoda lifting the ship. The duel. Vader's revelation.

RotJ - Pit of Carkoon. Yoda's death. Speeder bike chase. The final duel. Anakin's redemption/death. The funeral pyre. Victory celebration.

It's really hard for me to call all the greatest moments in the PT because they haven't been around long enough to have as many 'classic' moments. Although you can see I certainly think there were many instant classics ;)

15. threepio_mania

threepio_mania Jedi Master star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    I like the scene in Return of the Jedi when the guard tells Han to freeze and Han chucks a box at him and the guard goes over the railing.

16. YodaDaMan13

YodaDaMan13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2002
    My scene would have to be the fight scene with Luke and Vader in Cloud city. Another would have to be when Vader meets Palps aboard DSII during its construction phase....."What is thy bidding my master" Great line.

17. defnop234

defnop234 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2002
    these are mine.

tpm: #1)"no one can kill a jedi" ~anakin
    #2)"this is for you,so you`ll remember me by." "ani,i don`t need this to remember you by,many things will change when we reach the capital,but,my caring for you will remain." anakin and padme going to coruscant.
    #3)"train him obi-wan,he is the chosen one" 'yes,master" gui-gonn`s dying wish to kenobi.

aotc: #1)"so they`ve finally given you an assignment,your patience has paid off." "more your guidance then my patience." you don`t need guidance anakin,i`ve said it many times u r the most gifted jedi i have ever met,in time you`ll learn to trust your feelings and become invincable,i forsee you becoming the greatest of ll jedi anakin,even more powerful than master yoda." emperor to maskless vader.
    #2)"his abilities have made him,well,arrogant." "yes,yes,a flaw more and more common in jedi these days,even the more wiser,and experienced ones." obi-wan and mace and yoda in the jedi temple.

anh: #1)"don`t try to frighten us with your sorcerer`s ways lord vader,your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped u conjur up the stolen data tapes,nor have they given you clarvoyence~s as to the"....choke and gags." i find your lack of faith disturbing" admiral motti and vader aboard the 1st death star`s briefing table.
    #2)"the jedi are extinct my friend,there fire has gone out of the universe,you are all that remains of their ways." grand moff tarkin to vader aboard the death star.

esb: #1)"obi-wan never told you what happened to your father." 'he told me enough,he told me you killed him." "no,i am your father." vader to luke.

rotj:#1)"why luke,why must you confront him." "because there `s good in him,i`ve felt it,he won`t give me over to the emperor,i can save him,i can draw him back to the good side,i have to try,he`s our father."
    #2)"obi-wan once thought as you do..
    "i will not turn and you`ll be forced to destroy me" "if that is your destiny." "search your feeling father you can`t do this,i feel the conflict with in you let go of your hate."it is to late for me,son."
    #3)"now,go my son,leave me."no,i`ve got to save you." "you already have luke,you where right about me,tell your sister,you were right." anakin to luke before he joins the force.

18. JediLegOBlock

JediLegOBlock Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2003
    TPM
    - Jar Jar and Amidala talk fate
    - Theed Invaded (Amidala looking out window)

AotC
    - Meadow Picnic scene
    - Nightclub
    - Chase through Coruscant

19. JediMasterCheGuevara

JediMasterCheGuevara Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2003
    Cloud City. I don't even care what was going on there, I liked it all.

I also liked when Alderaan was decimated and then the Mellinium Falcon came out of hyperdrive right in the middle of the wreckage. I'd like to do that some day. Then when they pull up to the Death Star and realize they don't want to be there. I liked A New Hope. I like more things, too.

I don't know how I feel about all the mushy stuff at the waterfall in Episode II, but it had to happen, you know? Anyway, I liked the way Anakin thinks that a dictatorship is OK "If it works." HA Ani, such a kidder!

20. YodaJediMaster12

YodaJediMaster12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 26, 2002
    Every scene is great, there are no "greatest" scenes in my mind. ;)

21. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    The look on Boba's face when his dad is killed. I know how mace will die.

22. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Yoda-Dooku lightsaber duel in Ep. II. Best action. Too lazy to think of more emotional ones...

23. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Doesn't this belong in the Star Wars Community?

EDIT: But as long as we're on it, I think the greatest SW scene is Obi-Wan's and Maul's fight. It was cool. :)

Aunecah

24. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    "The look on Boba's face when his dad is killed. I know how mace will die."

Me too. Boba's benefactor, Dooku, will finish him off in front of Boba. :) Seems like the best plan.

Then young Skywalker will kill Dooku in front of Boba. Thus making Boba hate Jedi, but more specifically the Skywalkers, as McCallum said.

25. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Ehem - you know guys, considering that Boba will be twelve or thirteen at the time of Episode III, it will look really bad for the entire Order if one of its best fighters dies at Boba's hands. At any rate, I think Mace is too skilled a Jedi to die at Boba's hands.

Aunecah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.