main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Greatness, Pure Greatness

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by xdarthsmithiousx, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    Any doubt I had was put to death by watching this once....then I watched it three more times....I think I'll watch it a few more.....greatness.....

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/x3/large.html

2. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    i have heard awful things about this from the beginning... but i must say, it looks cool.

let's hope for the best.

3. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    i have not been worried one bit. i heard lots of nay-sayers when rumors of the first x-men movie spread - and it ruled. i heard TONS of people say the second would suck, and it was AWESOME. there are many **coughcharlescough** who were absolutely convinced that beast was going to be cg, wro-ong. i know i will enjoy it just as much as the first 2.

4. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    no, just heard all kinds of stuff about the movie going through several directors, that sort of thing.

i totally enjoyed the first two, and i am no Xmen fan. so it's all been gravy for me. i DO think this trailer looks good, is what i was saying.

5. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    I was always gonna go see it, but I'm not expecting as much out of #3 as I did from #2. A friend who really liked it took me to see the first X-Men because I'd passed on it (not into the comics, and this was before comic book movies were good remember). Turns out I really liked it too, and the second rocked. The problem is that the third installment is being directed by somebody new, somebody who didn't direct The Usual Suspects, somebody who did, however, direct both Rush Hour movies. Granted Bret Ratner wasn't responsible for the scripts (to my knowledge), but as far as action movies go they're kinda really sub-par, and as far as Jackie Chan action movies go they're poop.

But the teaser looks cool, and I'm keen to see it 'cause I was anyway. I'm willing to give Ratner the benefit of the doubt; maybe I was just expecting something more from a movie with Jackie Chan involved.

So we'll see what he does with the X-Men. And even if it stinks there's always Bryan Singer's Superman Returns![face_cowboy]

6. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    To his defense, Brett Ratner did a great job on Red Dragon. Kelsey Grammer as Beast, an amazing choice, and Ben Foster as Archangel is weird but good too. He was Chip in the punisher movie, and did a good job I thought.

7. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    i liked ben foster on six feet under... for a while.

kelsey grammer, though... damn good choice...

8. The-Bald-Wookiee

Feb 13, 2005
    Never saw Red Dragon... but then again I've seen Manhunter, and that's a hard act to follow. Brian Cox (one of my favorite actors) made a fantastic Hannibal 'Lecktor'. It was an interestingly different take on the character Hopkins now owns.

Kelsey Grammar... great choice indeed. That's what I'm looking forward to, doesn't look like Nightcrawler will be in this one, but it's cool that Colossus turns up again. Same actors too, that's always a plus.

9. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    i have been into X-men since i was 11. i like them better than superman, batman, spiderman, etc. i was really expecting a lot from the 1st, and i was amazed. the second i was hopeful, and i was blown away. no matter what i know i'll like the 3rd.

10. The-Bald-Wookiee

Feb 13, 2005
    The X-Men are all right... but Hellboy could take 'em!:p

11. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    Hellboy's all right, but Johnny Cash could take him....when he was alive of course.

12. The-Bald-Wookiee

Feb 13, 2005
    That's just cuz Hellboy can't play guitar (what with only three fingers on his right hand)... but I bet he could provide accompaniment on the Whamola!

13. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    oh yeah? and les claypool could beat him with one hand in his pocket...

(you just knew i'd rise to that, didn't you?)

for you, it's all about hellboy.
    for me, it's all about les.
    and tom waits, and neil.

and vader, but we all knew that ;)

14. The-Bald-Wookiee

Feb 13, 2005
    Didn't mean he was better than Claypool, I was just looking for an instrument HB can play... besides imagine Hellboy singing along with Tom Waits... good combo there.

...Neil Young?:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.