main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Greedo Eyes?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by JangoFett316, Jul 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    Hey there. I have a Don Post Greedo mask, and I was wondering if anyone has replaced the plastic eyes with something better. I want to make it somewhat wearable, so I'm going to cut the rubber middles in them so the vision improves.
    I still have the original cheap plastic eyes, is there anyway to tint those to make em look more realistic? Or is there a better replacement for the eyes somewhere?
    Any help is appreciated, thanks.

2. Skaught

Skaught Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    You could try painting the insides with green stained glass paint (available at most craft stores). Do light coats and roll it around in you hands while it dries to prevent it from pooling in the bottom/center. I did this to make some Jawa eyes.

Scott

3. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    about Jawa eyes...what exactly do you use to make them?

Forcebewitya!

4. Skaught

Sep 4, 2001
    I got some of those little gumball macine style containers that hold toy rings. Not the big round kind but a smaller mini version. I painted the inside yellow with stained glass paint and the base I painted chrome to relfect the light. I cut a hold in the base and hot glued a Christmas tree light bulb inside.

Scott

5. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey Skaught, I would like to see a pic of those Jawa eyes if you have any.

6. Skaught

Sep 4, 2001
    Here's the only pick I have of the eyes. Later I thought he looked to "bug eyed", so I cut some foam and put it around the eyes to raise the face up and make the eyes flush with the surface. I added more strips of black fabric after that.

[image=http://www.skaught.com/starwars/images/jawa_head.jpg]

7. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Those eyes look fantastic. I asked becuase my little brother is going to be a Jawa for a local con costume contest. I will have to take your advice then and help him to that. Thanks

Forcebewitya!

8. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    Thanks for the advice, Skaught. I'll probably end up trying what you suggested. Anyone have any other ideas?

9. Skaught

Sep 4, 2001
    I'm not sure how my Jawa eyes would work on person...they probably wouldn't be able to see out of them. Mine are on a mannequin - not a wearable costume.

Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.