main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Greedo talking to Han in ROTJ? WHY!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by WhiskeyGold, Sep 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I noticed during Jedi, when 3P0 and R2 enter Jabba's throne room you can hear in the background Greedo's dailog from ANH when he is talking to Han. Its the same! Its hard to hear but if you turn up it loud you can make it out! Why was this in Jedi? Anyone else hear this or did I get a screwed up video! If no one else can hear it let me know, its crazy!
    oh, if its not when 3p0/R2 enter then its when Luke doesn't.

2. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    ? :confused: ? Really? Even with the use of the word "solo" included?

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    It was another Rodian named Beedo. If you'll notice, the dialog he says matches Greedo's "You should have paid Jabba when you had the chance." So Beedo was probably just trying to coerce some random crony of Jabba's.

4. WhiskeyGold

Nov 13, 2001
    Ok it doesn't seem like it comes from any person, more of a background sound and why would he be saying the same thing as Greedo? This happens in the movie before they know the person enter has any thing to do with Han Solo. I have to watch it now and see again

5. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    It is a different Rodian.

You might also want to edit the "***" out of your topic. People who use that acronym have a tendency to be banned for 24.

6. WhiskeyGold

Nov 13, 2001
    But why does he say thing something? "going some where solo" or something. You can tell it was taken from ANH. Its just stranger

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Beedo doesn't say "Oo-ta goo-ta, Solo?" He says "Batana tan mika baki cheta."

8. AssassinDroid21

AssassinDroid21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    People who use that acronym have a tendency to be banned for 24.

Untrue, it just warrants an edit.

9. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    It was another Rodian named Beedo. If you'll notice, the dialog he says matches Greedo's "You should have paid Jabba when you had the chance." So Beedo was probably just trying to coerce some random crony of Jabba's.

PPOR, please. :)

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Beedo is in the background of Jabba's Palace:

[image=http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/jabbaspalace/dark/images/beedo.gif]

Since he's the only Rodian we know of who is in the audience chamber, it's a fairly safe conclusion that it was Beedo speaking.

As far as words and translation go- I refer you to ANH's subtitles [face_batting]

11. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    Okay, thanks.

12. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I heard from an inside source that these are just movies and they've been known to take sound effects from previous movies and use them in later ones [face_shocked].
    If you were looking for an in-universe reason though, then Bib and the other EUites got ya covered ;)
    Though personally, if I try to rationalize everything in these movies, it ruins them for me because at some point things will get very contrived.
    That is, however, just my opinion.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    True, it's just a piece of re-used dialogue, but then that's not exactly uncommon in SW... "I have a bad feeling about this", etc.

14. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    It's the spirit of Greedo telling Breedo what happened to him at the Cantina.

It's obviously reused from ANH. And the name Breedo...a lot of thought went into that one.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Beedo- no "r" [face_batting]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.