main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Green Bay Fanforce Group

Discussion in 'Archive: Green Bay, WI' started by marajoan, May 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Hey all you Star Wars fan in NE Wisconsin. I helped form a group down in Milwaukee but would also like to see some activity closer to home. Who would like to get together as a group of fans. We have people in Milwaukee who are into costuming, collecting, books and the movies. Who would be interested in that for the Manitowoc, Green Bay, Appleton area? Give your thoughts on this thread. We could also just talk too. I am from Sheboygan. Are there any fans from here at all beside me of course?

2. carl713

carl713 Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    Hello there!

I'm over here in Kiel(a small town about 25-30 min. away from Shebogan) and I've got about 5 or 6 friends who are really into Star Wars, and would love to start some type Star Wars RPG game or maybe some other stuff too...

If you are intrested...

You know what to do!

;)

3. Hathor

Hathor Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 28, 1998
    I live in Green Bay during the school year and Neenah during the summer - that's 45 minutes south of GB.

4. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Marajoan is wise in the ways of how to start. :) Let me know if there's anything I can do for you. I'll be away June 6-17, but other than that, here for you. My parents live about an hour to 1.5 away from Green Bay. I love SW shopping in that area since there's fewer mean scalpers and dealers.

5. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I know there were alot of UWO students on Starwars.com at one point so I know that the fans are out there. Well, anyway, greetings and welcome to this thread. We need to get something going in the Green Bay area. We are having a blast and meeting new people down in Milwaukee. By the way, there is a marathon movie viewing and bonfire on the 29th of June at Jedisister's house. Any SW fan in invited. She lives in Slinger which is west of Grafton on Hwy 60. If you are up for a road trip, just check out the marathon thread on the Milwaukee city forum.

6. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Come on. Anybody out there? Where is everybody? I know that there are Star Wars fans up there. Where are you?

7. Alybrylla

Alybrylla Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    I live in Green Bay, but I'm afraid I don't know what FanForce is exactly... could someone explain for the new kid please? :confused: :)

8. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    The fanforce is just an organized group of people in a certain area. Sort of like a fan club. There are many directions they can go: ie book discussion groups, collectors groups, costuming or just talking on the force.net. We started a group this May in Milwaukee. We have had a number of excursions. A bunch of us hooked up at Celebration II in Indianapolis, some of us met and went to AOTC together, a group went to a sci fi convention at MSOE and met Peter Mayhew. For me, I just met some other mothers who are into Star Wars and we have met for lunch a couple of times. Basically, it is taking the city forum Green Bay has one step further and showing that you have a group of people that have gotten together and celebrated being Star Wars fans in some way. It is no great committment on your part other than to share your love of Star Wars and it is up to the individual group as to which direction they go. I live in Sheboygan, so I was looking for some people closer to me than Milwaukee.

9. carl713

carl713 Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    You know marajoan, I live in Kiel(25-30 minutes away from Sheboygan) and have at least 3 friends who would host or drive to Sheboygan to play...

I'm RE-posting this info incase for no apparent reason you didnt look at my last post...

But, if you are interested, post a response...

...or, compleatly ignore me...

;)

10. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I'm not completely ignoring you. We can do an RPG thing within the fanforce group. I personally have not ever played. There are alot of people on the Milwaukee city forum who are looking to get involved with that. If you check it out, you will probably meet up with people who are willing to travel. I am just trying to get things going the way I did in Milwaukee. I am personally in to the books big time. Anyone out there in on that? By the way, you or your friends aren't the ones I was talking to at the Marcus Cinemas, the day after AOTC opened are you?

11. Alybrylla

Jun 12, 2002
    Hmm... well I'm game :) .

12. Alybrylla

Jun 12, 2002
    Is anyone still interested?

13. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Sorry!!! I was on vacation and then my computer kept locking up. I'm still here. What types of activities are you people interested in? I know RPG games. Did anyone check out the threads on the Milwaukee forum?

14. Alybrylla

Jun 12, 2002
    How about some kind of book discussion group? And movie nights?

15. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    We are working on the book club in the Milwookie Council and I am willing to go north or south to talk books. I love them and could read them over and over. I don't like the comics. If you are interested in books, please give me an idea where you are from so that we can calculate distances. I am in Sheboygan.

16. Alybrylla

Jun 12, 2002
    I'm in Green Bay, but to be honest I'm just getting started in the EU...

17. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    That is cool. I am willing to start at the beginning and discuss from there. Is anyone else out there interested in a book club?

18. JediMasterLambda

JediMasterLambda Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2002
    I could go for a book club. At the moment I'm only on Hero's Trial, but I've read most of the books after ROTJ.

To be honest with you I think we should do much more than a book club, we should make Green Bay one of the biggest Star Wars cities in the country!

19. JediMasterLambda

Oct 1, 2002
    oh yeah, I'm from Green Bay.

20. Alybrylla

Jun 12, 2002
    Is anyone into costuming? Movie nights?

21. Leila

Leila Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 1999
    A book club and movie nights would be nice. I'm almost caught up through the NJO. I'm in Stevens Point.

22. JediMasterLambda

Oct 1, 2002
    Yes to both costuming and movie nights. I'll go for anything involving Star Wars.

23. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Sounds cool.

24. reconsgt

reconsgt Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2003
    Hello everone.
    I am new to this board but active on others. My id is the same all over except on the 501st garrison were it is swreconsgt.

I live just outside of Green Bay and have been active in SW for some time. More recently I have been involved in a project writting new stories about the clone war called Clone War Journal. You may have seen it advertised on other sites, I am pretty excited about that project.

I am also into collecting mainly vintage figs some modern and am getting into vintgae prototypes and firstshots although I am only starting and have only a few.

And last but not least I am into costuming. Currently I am working on a Tie pilot. I sold of my royal guard stuff and will be looking at another set of stormie armor soon.

Anyone feel like talking SW drop me a line

25. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Hi reconsgt, it is nice to see a new face or icon in this case on the board. Green Bay has been pretty dead but you could help me revive it. I am one of the founding members of the Milwookiee Council in Milwaukee even though I am from Sheboygan. I have been trying to get Green Bay going but it seems to have stalled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.