Before Green Behind The Ears (young Obi-Wan)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Maggy, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4

Title: Green Behind The Ears
    Author: Maggy
    Timeframe: when Obi-Wan was a youngling
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Mace Windu, Yoda
    Genre: humour
    Keywords: hair
    Summary:

Notes: Star Wars belongs to George Lucas. I own nothing! It?s all George Lucas' world; I?m just hanging out for a while.

Little Obi-Wan was sitting unsure in his small room. The Jedi Masters had announced that there will be some feast called carnival in the next couple of days. He had no idea what this meant except what the masters had told.

It was a festivity where you could masquerade yourself and be for one day or rather during the feast be someone else. What sounded really odd in his ears. Why would you want to be someone else?

But since he was a youngling and his class was supposed to show up at the event he had to think of something. His mates had been babbling about the possible and impossible costumes. Most of the boys were talking about being a pirate or the opposite, a hero of some sorts. The girls on the other hand wanted all to be some kind of princess.

Five year old Obi-Wan couldn?t understand that.

Being a Jedi was not about being a hero or wanting to be one, nor was it about becoming a pirate, nor being a princess.

A pirate was a scoundrel, someone who hurt beings. He saw the Jedi as someone who had to defend the helpless against those. And a Jedi was supposed to protect a princess not be one.

He sat on his small bed, his toes barely touching the ground.

Obi-Wan closed his eyes and reached out in the Force as he had learned. It was weird to feel the whole galaxy in his head. It was kind of overwhelming and frightening. But this was the job of a Jedi, to be not afraid.

He could feel the boy next room and the one beyond. Farther away were the Jedi Masters. Contrary to the children they were collected and their minds like a stone in the surf.

That?s when he knew what his costume would be and his eyes flew open, a grin plastered on his lips.

The days passed on and the hour of the carnival feast was approaching quickly.

Excitement filled Obi-Wan about it, not knowing what the others would think of his choice.

He was standing before the mirror in the bathroom, shared with others. But since he had delayed till the very last second for his changing all the others were already finished and off to the great hall.

He had organized a razor, paint, some cardboard and a walking stick. Neatly he had sorted it before him. Obi-Wan cut out pointy formed ears from the cardboard and then painted them with the same colour his face would be in the end.

He let them dry before him and reached for the razor.

His blue eyes gazed back at him through the mirror as he wetted his hair and then started to cut his short hair off. One stroke after the other the blonde hair vanished, leaving only the skin of his head.

Soon all hair was gone, except the Padawan braid of which he didn?t dare to get rid off.

He placed the razor back on the sink and rinsed it clean from his hair.

He tipped his fingers into the colour and started to paint over the just shaved skin. As he was satisfied with the outcome his fingers traced over his forehead and cheeks. Then he also covered his throat with paint till the rosy colour was all covered.

Obi-Wan fixed the ears on the side of his head.

Critically he looked at his reflection.

Yes, that was how he thought a Jedi should be.

He was really satisfied with how his costume had turned out. He fixed his Jedi Robes around him and reached for the stick.

Then he left the bath room and walked down the corridor.

As he walked down the hallway the other Padawan started to whisper as he passed them. He was leaning heavily on the walking stick, his steps more wobbly then anything else.

The Padawan were pirates, plastic swords fixed on belts witch were slung around their waist. Slowly he moved around them, still walking all wobbly.

He could feel more eyes on him the deeper he walked into the great hall. Certainly nobody had expect him to show up like that.

Su
  2. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, at least Obi-Wan admits that he likes Yoda. Hero worshipping of a different sort. [face_laugh]

Cute story, Maggy!

[:D]
  3. The1stJediPrincess Jedi Grand Master

star 2
  4. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    that's what a five year old will do. Hero worshipping[face_laugh]:)

Lovely little piece
  5. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4

Ceillean

Well, at least Obi-Wan admits that he likes Yoda. Hero worshipping of a different sort. [face_laugh]

True, hehe, but dressing up as Yoda is a really cool plan ;)
    Who wants to be a pirate when you can be Yoda 8-}

Cute story, Maggy!

[:D]

Thank you, Cei [:D]

The1stJediPrincess

What a cute story! [:D]

Thank you [:D]

earlybird-obi-wan

that's what a five year old will do. Hero worshipping [face_laugh] :)

Hehe yep - glad you like!

Lovely little piece

Thank you :D

Thank you all for reading! :D

6. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4
  7. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    Thank you :D
    glad you think so
  8. littleobiwankenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    what a wonderful story. AS always Obi Wan is cute, and he is a true Jedi.

I love story about our little obi wan
  9. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    I like Obi-Wan :D I remember him being the first who ever made it on some selfmade desktop wallpaper :)
    glad you like the story

thank you for reading :D
  10. Mousie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Very cute story and I liked especially the bit about Yoda wanting to dress up as a wookiee :D
  11. Burning_Endor Jedi Knight

star 1
    Now this is a story that puts a smile on my face! Gotta love young Obiwan. :D
  12. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Oh that was adorable!

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I, for one, loved Obi-Wan's choice for a costume.

I thought about dressing up like a Wookiee but somehow I was not tall enough for that.?

Ah Yoda, a baby wookie you could have been :p

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=
  13. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

Manager
    star 4
    That was a delightfully adorable story to read in the morning. Well done! :D
  14. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    thank you, glad you liked :D

he was fun to write! thanks for reading! :D

Thank you, KELIA! :D
    might be interesting to see Yoda as Wookiee [face_thinking] baby Wookiee or not - might be the reason why he has such good connections to the Wookiee to start with 8-}

Thank you! :D

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.