main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Green Lantern fan film

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by LiamMcBrackenbard, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiamMcBrackenbard

LiamMcBrackenbard Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2004
    A slightly differnt costume design posted on the site. I thknk thats the one Im going to aim for.

2. Puzzler2000

Puzzler2000 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2002
    Uh, I thought you were sticking with the Classic emblem?

I'm not a big fan of the symbol in your final concept, but the rest of it looks good. Good luck making this a reality.

3. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Great find on that lantern. I haven't seen another one like that on ebay. Do you know who the manufacuter or model is?

4. LiamMcBrackenbard

Jan 2, 2004
    its oooooooooooold. The ebay item description on it was "early 1900's railroad lantern" but on the back it says its a DIETZ Union Driving Lamp

5. LiamMcBrackenbard

Jan 2, 2004
    Updated the site....gave it an overhaul. Nothing new really to update on other than I got my mask in the mail, and my copy of the Episode III teaser poster. Woo Hoo. Only 20 more hits to go till I hit 1000 for the site. Script is currently at 72 pages. More as it comes!

6. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    Excellent !! :D

Did you ever visit the LEAGUE OF HEROES forum to look further into the issue you were having with the "vendor?"

JediTAC

7. LiamMcBrackenbard

Jan 2, 2004
    yeah I signed up to post over there, havent done it just yet, and I finally got my mask, man were they backed up with orders. Im going to be contacting them again about the specifics for the chest logo

8. Covax

Covax Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2003
    Cool. This is one project I'm looking forawrd to.

9. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    About 9 years ago, in a letters column in GL Corp comics I read something I thought I'd pass along. Without digging out the old comic, this is just a paraphrase, but you'll get the idea. The writer thought the following would be cool to see as a movie teaser:

Opening shot is dark, then green glowing words appear with a smoky effect IN BRIGHTEST DAY . The words fade and a "thoom thoom" type sound is heard. IN DARKEST NIGHT appears and fades. "thoom thoom" The GL symbol appears and fades. COMING SOON TO THEATERS EVERYWHERE.

10. LiamMcBrackenbard

Jan 2, 2004
    you know that is kind of close to what I am thinking......Fadeing in and out the words to the Oath along with some quick shots of actual footage.....then a bright flash and the symbol appears. GREEN LANTERN:The Movie Comming soon!

Well while I am here, official casting for characters has been made! Pics soon to follow. The following characters have been casted!

Bobby Brown as John Stewart
    Tony Ventimiglia as Sinestro
    Me as Kyle Rayner

More as it comes!

11. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
  12. Puzzler2000

Puzzler2000 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2002
    I can't wait to see some pics of your cast, they sound interesting.

Jal, I looked over your site. Nice props and logo, but otherwise I didn't see anything too impressive at the moment. I'll be watching for future updates.

On another note, I managed to snag Issue #1 of the new Green Lantern: ReBirth miniseries which chronicles the triumphant return of the true Hal Jordan.
    Here's a summary of what was in it:

The story begins with a damaged green-energy spaceship hurling towards Earth. Down on the surface, some kids are exploring an abandoned government weapons site. The doomed spaceship crashes right in front of the boys, and a wounded Kyle Rayner falls out before the ship explodes. He says "tell them...they must know...He has...a name" and then faints beside a green-energy coffin he forms. (I really don't have much of a clue what's going on here, maybe someone here knows).
    Next we cut to a baseball stadium where John Stewart and Guy Garrick (the Warrior, not GL) are watching the game. Somehow they invited Hal to join them, and he appears as an illusion of his human self, complete with the brown flight suit. They chat of old times, then suddenly almost everyone in the stadium begins grabbing onto Hal and professing their sins. Appearently since he is now part of the Spectre, an angelic persecutor of all sins, these people are compelled by his energy to confess. Hal apoligizes to his old friends and dissappears.
    In his home, Green Aroow and a young blonde named Mia(not Canary) suit up for a night of crimefighting. Suddenly, the villian Black Hand breaks into the basement and grabs a green energy ring the Arrow was holding onto for Hal. The Arrow and his sidekick line up to attack the intruder, then suddenly the green ring produces the image of Hal. Hal taunts Black Hand and then changes into the Spectre. As the persecutor of sins, the Spectre enacts vengeance on Black Hand by frying his left hand, making it a literal "black hand" of coal and ash. Hal, coming to his senses, reverts to his human body, saying that he wasn't in control, he shouldn't have scarred the Hand. He fades off after some confused chatting with the Arrow.
    Above the clouds, an airjet pilot scans for landmarks below. He and his copilot talk about how the city below was destroyed years earlier by the Mongul-the city obviously is Coast City. They descend through the clouds and see to their amazement the streetlamps and roads of the City have suddenly reappeared, and a single building.

Well, that's just the first half of this amazing issue I suggest you fans pick up. In the second half, the entire Justice League and even GLs Jade and Alan Scott show up to confront Hal and the new Coast City. I'll definetly be picking up #2.

13. LiamMcBrackenbard

Jan 2, 2004
    If anyone can actually FIND a copy of issue #2 of Rebirth let me know. In other news....

Im calling it official. The teaser poster is up and ready. I know I havent done any actual filming yet. But iwas making a piece to show over at Heromorph.com and I accidently created the teaser poster. so without further delay........

[image=http://www.geocities.com/brianfxward/Green_Lantern_teaser_poster.jpg]

14. Scruff

May 25, 1999
  15. LiamMcBrackenbard

Jan 2, 2004
    The script is 99% complete. So far Ive only shown it to like 3 people at the most. So what I am curious is if there is anyone here that would like to read it and give some constructive crticisim. WARNING: I am attempting to do a feature length film so the script is long. Without the final scene written it is at 78 pages. So if you are still interested leave a post here or PM me and I'll email it to ya. Remember looking for constructive criticism. Story boards and concept art is comming soon.

16. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    I'd read it - but I'm way too critical of all things GL. ;) But if no one else volunteers, let me know.

And Liam - you have a pm :)

Major updates to my site lately - usually once or twice a week. Use the CHP link in my sig to get there.

17. LiamMcBrackenbard

Jan 2, 2004
    Ok now that the script is 100% finished Im moving on to more hardcore visual effects conception. At the moment Im toying with the idea using Tomar Re and Kilowog at the end of the film. The thought for accomplishing this task is using actors for the bodies and then replacing the actors heads with high rez images of the toys and then animating eyes and nostrils and such. Here is an example:
    [image=http://www.geocities.com/brianfxward/TomarRE.jpg]

My body with the toy tomars head taken off the web. Does this look convincing? If done right, CAN it look convincing?

EDIT:
    I see that everytime I post a new pic the site goes down....dont worry the new and improved site is almost here, with unlimited bandwith so we shouldnt have these problems anymore. Just be paitent.

18. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Ooof. I don't know about that. The compositing is going to be have to be VERY good in order to make it work, and you won't be able to change the facing of your head at all.

You may be better off making/buying masks, and then animating the eyebrows and getting expressions using a morphing program in post.

19. LiamMcBrackenbard

Jan 2, 2004
    As far as their heads not being able to move I kinda figured that. I planned on not showing their faces until they were on the ground and not moving. Being Aliens I figure they dont speak English so they would be holding up their rings and speaking in like a telepathic sense, so no lip movememts.

What morphing program would you suggest Funk?

20. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    I suppose Winmorph for things like this. Easy enough to use, good results, free. Can even use it as an AE plugin, if I remember right.

21. LiamMcBrackenbard

Jan 2, 2004
    Hmmm.....looks liek an interesting program, I'll have to download it when I get home. Would a morphing program such as this work well with using the toy image to create facial expressions? Cause I wouldnt know where to begin to make a mask.

22. LiamMcBrackenbard

Jan 2, 2004
    I wouldnt know where to begin to make a mask.

But apparantly a fellow employee at my internship is a special effects artist that can do just that. I showed him my concept for Tomar and Kilowog and he said he could make the masks in a weekend! He's also going to do the custom Lantern logos. Production value jsut went up a notch or two.

23. Usher

Usher Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2003
    Liam let me know when you hear from your webserver host about the domain name and password information so i can upload your overhauled website.

I'm getting anxious to get this thing up and running for you.

24. nutronb

nutronb Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2004
    There is a great fan film that G.L. appears in. Have you seen "Losing Lois Lane" at www.ifilm.com ?
    GL is a total dick but his costume is awesome and the actor just looks like a super hero. Plus, I think the guys really knew what they were talking about. The script is full of "inside the loop" jokes about the superheroes. Watch it and tell me that guy doesn't look like Hal Jordan!

25. LiamMcBrackenbard

Jan 2, 2004
    Yeah that was hilarious! Loved the GL casting, hated the Superman casting. The costume was spot on, but it was spandex. And I dont know too many people that look good in spandex, that guy included.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.