main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Green Sabre? Purple Sabre?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthDean, Jan 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDean

DarthDean Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    I do not know if this was mentioned, but if anyone can shed light on this topic that would be super-deluxe-special. Red Sabres are for the Sith. Blue is Good. What about Green and Purple? I know Luke had a green one in Jedi. Any thoguhts? I thank you in advance for your immediate cooperation.

2. Darth_EZE

Darth_EZE Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2004
    In every Star Wars movie, Sith have had red and only red sabers. Jedi have had all the other colors, but never red.

3. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    red bad

i still think it would have been cool to see an obisidian black lightsaber...maybe sidious will have a black saber? that't be awesome

4. DarthDean

DarthDean Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    Does a green represent more growth of a jedi? Luke went from Blue to Green. Black would be cool!

5. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    No, because Obi-Wans saber in ANH is also blue...

Blue, Green, Purple = good guys
    Red = bad guys

Straight from George Lucas' mouth.

6. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    I know GL wanted red for the bad guys, and blue for the good.

However, the blue saber blade didn't show up against the desert in RotJ, so green was used.

The purple was just for SLJ because he whined.

7. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    But what about the never heard of, little seen, MAUVE lightsaber?

8. --Darth_Dude--

--Darth_Dude-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2004
    Oh stop it Sam Jackson didn't whine. I dunno if you saw the AOTC DVD but this is how it went:

George: "Blue and green is good guys, red is bad guys. That's just how it goes..."
    Sam: *looks out in front of him as if he was asking for a raise but doesn't feel comfortable doing so.*
    Sam: "So no purple?"
    George: "Hmm.. you might get purple.."
    Sam: *smiles*

9. PadawanEmily

PadawanEmily Jedi Master star 8

Oct 18, 2003
    Red is about the darkest color yoiu can get. Green, Blue, Yellow, Purlple and any other colors mean light kind of i guess.

10. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Around the time of the Sith war, red and purple were the colors of the Sith, over time, it just adapted to red. Now purple is just considered a light side color.

11. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
    Mara Jade was the first one to be seen with a purple sabre...when she was working as the Emperor's Hand.

12. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    SLJ got a purple saber so his kids could see him in the crowd on Geonosis.

13. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Well, the Knights of the Old Republic video game makes no reference to purple lightsabers, but it does say that blue is for Jedi gaurdians, yellow is for Jedi consulars, and green is for Jedi sentinels.

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Lightsaber colors are irrelevant. They can be any color, regardless of the user's affiliation. It's just that blue and green crystals are more common, which is why so many Jedi use green and blue sabers.

15. Onasi

Onasi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 2003
    yes, but sith prefer red, ive seen a sith with a blue lightsaber before. alot of other colors are used. it really doesnt matter what side you are on.

16. Master_Byrd

Jul 23, 2002
    Look at TOTJ, not one of the two Sith Lords donned not one red lightsaber. Well, not from what I've read... but I haven't touched Redemption yet.

17. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Well as stated above the those colours smybolized Good, and Purple was only for Samuel L. Jackson. Yet, I also have my own theory, it many times appears as if certian ranks have a specific colour does it not? :confused:

18. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    It does not. Master Qui-Gon had green
    Master Yoda had green
    Master Obi-Wan had blue
    Master Windu had purple
    Padawan Skywalker had blue
    Padawan Luke Skywalker had blue and green
    I forget which colors Koon and Mundi had
    Darths Maul, Tyrannus, and Vader had red

If you dwelve into the EU, they had all the colors of the rainbow.

19. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I thought Mara's saber in the comics looked more pinkish than purple. It was an off-red, really. Kudos to the colorers for the symbolism.

Red is about the darkest color yoiu can get.

But purple is pretty close. Mace's saber was pretty dark in AotC, so you could argue Lucas is trying to show he has a dark character.

Black would be ideal, but I don't think a UV-lightsaber would show up well on screen. Plus, it's dangerous to a Sith's vampiric-white complexion to get that many rays. :p

20. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Mace's saber was pretty dark in AotC, so you could argue Lucas is trying to show he has a dark character.

Well, he is a "dark" Jedi...

*rimshot*

:p

21. Master_Byrd

Jul 23, 2002
    Actually, when TPM came out, I heard rumor that Mace would turn traitor... This obviously isn't the case now, but his saber color could have had a deeper meaning; had that been the case.

22. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    He´s certainly not a traitor, but he is symbolizing the Jedi order, which is falling for corruption("A flaw more and more common among Jedi. Too sure of themselves they are...").
    So it´s not just about seeing where Mace is. It´s also an appropriate lightsaber color for the character.

23. Zethlin_Maximus

May 31, 2003
    and Purple was only for Samuel L. Jackson.

Mara used a purple lightsabre when she was a villain.

I thought Mara's saber in the comics looked more pinkish than purple. It was an off-red, really.

Pink, purple, same thing. The blades are made out of beams of light, so they'll look the same whether they're pink or purple.

Actually, when TPM came out, I heard rumor that Mace would turn traitor... This obviously isn't the case now, but his saber color could have had a deeper meaning; had that been the case.

He´s certainly not a traitor, but he is symbolizing the Jedi order, which is falling for corruption("A flaw more and more common among Jedi. Too sure of themselves they are...").
    So it´s not just about seeing where Mace is. It´s also an appropriate lightsaber color for the character.

I wouldn't be so sure about his being a good guy, if I were you. Masters of deception, dark side users are. Who deleated the files in the library? I'd wager that Mace had a part in it.

24. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Red is for the Sith while the other colors seems to be for the Jedi such as Green, Blue and Purple.

25. Zethlin_Maximus

May 31, 2003
    Red is for the Sith while the other colors seems to be for the Jedi such as Green, Blue and Purple.

What, am I talking to myself here?! Mara Jade used a PURPLE lightsabre when she was a VILLAIN!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.