main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Green Screen Training/Hangar Greeting Cards Day Nov 30 Noon-2pm

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Oct 29, 2013.

1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I've talked to Matthew at WOTR, and our friendly "pirate guy," and I'm looking to offer a free "gift" to museum patrons on Nov 30th. We'll setup the green screen and using pictures from the museum, and a set of holiday frames that Gary will be designing as an overlay, people can come in and get a customized greeting card shot with their families.

This will also give us a great opportunity to train some additional folks on the process, as well as a perfect way to test out the overlay process without the pressure of a HUGE event. I'll be there the whole time to run it, we'll obviously need darth_hair &/or Obey Wann to help with the equipment (at least the first day to show me what to do), and then anyone who wants to learn how to run this activity for future events.

Do I have some yays for this "event?"

2. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Anyone?

3. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I should be available=)

4. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    This will also be a good time for costumers to get some good shots in a controlled setting.

5. Haikukid

Haikukid Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 30, 2013
    I would be interested in helping out and learning the process! just let me check with the hubby and get back to you! This is a weird question but if we come to "help" out do we need to pay the admission fee to the museum?

6. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    All volunteers get free admission

7. ShortForceLover

ShortForceLover Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2013
    Put me down, don't know about the other 1/2, this is his busy season at work. Would love to see how this works, might ask to use it for our Star Wars Wedding in April.

8. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I might be able to come and learn. However, I don't know if I can help with GSA at events since I'm mostly manning the droid table.

9. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Lynelle, we should be right next to each other this year so some droids could get in on the actions too :D I wold love people to know how to handle the equipment and keep it from getting damaged in the process of set-up, take down and while in use.

DH and I have spent a bit of money on the screen, stand, lights, cords and incidentals. The camera and computer wasn't cheap either. If any of this get damaged I'm not going to up buying it again, so that means this will come to an abrupt end if it doesn't get fixed or replaced, and the Sith's are not going to be the ones to do.

Sorry to be so blunt, but those of you that know me :) I hope this will be a feature we can use for years to come.

QueenHighMistress and PtrsonsZOO like this.
  10. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I put it on my calendar. AFAIK, I am open that day.