main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Greenhorn here

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by firewolf, Feb 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firewolf

firewolf Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2004
    I'm very new to the Star Wars Trading Card Game and to this board. I have a couple of questions. If they sound stupid, please bear in mind that this is the first game of this type I have played.

Can you have more than one of the same card in your deck? For example, 2 or more Anakin Skywalker C cards. What should you do if you draw both of them for your opening hand?

Same question for mission cards.

More will probably come up. I have only played the simple version of the game so far, but I would like to play the more complex version.

Thanks ahead of time.

2. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    Welcome to the forums and game, firewolf! These are common questions for someone new to the game, and we'd be happy to help you out.

First answer, you can have up to 4 of any "unique" card in your hand. Anakin Skywalker (A) is considered a "unique" card different than Anakin Skywalker (B). So, you could legally have 4 of Anakin (A) in your hand, and 4 of Anakin (B) in your hand, if you wanted.

Second answer, if you draw 2 of Anakin (A) in your hand during setup, then you're stuck with them. You can fully deploy one during Setup, and then partially build one as your last Setup unit card before moving on to the first build step. However, I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you absolutely have to. This typically happens when you have no unit cards left in your hand, and it will clue your opponent in that you're especially weak in the Character arena, if not totally exhausted of all units.

Missions, however, can be mulliganed from your hand at the start of setup after you draw your first 7 cards. You can mulligan as many as you want, or none at all. However, Missions can neither be built wholly nor partially during Setup. They can only be built during your build step.

If you have any other questions, just ask!

3. firewolf

firewolf Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2004
    Is there any advantage to having more than one of the same character cards in your deck?

4. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    If you're counting on stacking a unique unit, then the more you have in your deck, the more chance you'll get to stack it. I found a nice balance to be 2 each of a unit you want stacked. If there's a card you want solely to use stacked underneath, then I'd probably just put one in.

Since your deck must have at least 60 cards, and you REALLY want that unit stacked in play, then you have to either bump up the likelihood with more of the card in your deck, or have good deck drawing effects going for you.

5. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Welcome to the board and the game! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.