main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Greensboro Gab & Gossip Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Greensboro, NC' started by Padawan311, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    My buddies in the Raleigh FanForce gave me this idea.

I thought that it would be nice if we had a thread in which we could talk about whatever we want, serious or silly.

So, come on in here and talk about anything you wish. Rant about work. Share the small triumphs of your life. Tell us anything you wish (Within reason, of course. There are some things we don't need to know. )

2. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I am trying to quit smoking. So far I have cut down from abt 10 a day to 3-4 a day, but 2morrow I am going coldturkey. This sux!!!!! My 6 yr old neice is giving me guilt trips about cancer, Id rather have a few hard days while quiting than to be dead. I have been smoking for abt 11 years. Grandad died from it and his son, my dad, has got some lung disease now 2.

3. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I know exactly what you mean, I quit smoking about 4-5 years ago, I smoked for close to 10 years. Its hard, but it can be done, I went through alot of gum and toothpicks in the process, but I made it. You can dooooo it! The Force is with you!

I am still getting settled into my new apartment in Greensboro. I got alot unpacked last night, and got my computer up and running. I get my cable and roadrunner turned on today! Yippee!!!!!!!

Chris

4. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    Still smoking :(

5. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Still unpacking and getting settled in my apartment.

6. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    Ever get the feeling we are the only ones here?

7. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Yeah, sometimes I do. I have to work this Saturday, so I dont know that I will make it to the convention in Winston-Salem this weekend, at least I got to meet Peter Mayhew at IQM, but I was hoping to get a Chewbacca figure signed this weekend. We shall see, I might pop in just for that reason if I dont have to work too late. Anything else going on this weekend? Ozzfest is Sunday I know, anyone going to that?

Chris

8. Padme_Karen

Padme_Karen Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    Hmmm I don't really know any good gossip right now .. I did hear that Yoda was seen canoodling with Princess Leia at a Starbucks.
    Man that Yoda is hot for a 200 yr old dude.
    hee hee

Good luck on the struggle to stop smoking .. I smoked a long time ago and stopped cold turkey it wasn't easy but well worth it.

I live in Winston-Salem by the way just visiting my peeps in the boro to check out your new boards. Very cool.

9. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    1 week smoke free!!!! I have discovered something in this past week, either everybody in the "outside world" is trying to piss me off, or they are all just idiots!!! I havn't decided yet.

10. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Great Job Admiral!! Keep it up! I havent had much time to post anything lately, I have been very busy here at work, working some OT and all. Funny how things go from slow to overwhelming sometimes, but the money is always good, I need it now more than ever. I hope all is well with everyone, hopefully we can all get together sometime soon and start on our way to becoming Official.

Chris

11. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    Thanks Padawan311! For the 1st 5 days I had a tooth infection & I was full of Vicadin. That made it alot easier. Until I quit taking them! Fine now though. 13 days!!!! I am going to Disney @ Orlando in abt 2 weeks! Has anybody been? Question- Can you get hats & shot glasses as well as toys at the Star Tours gift shop?

12. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Someones going to Disney- Are you taking orders for Star Tours figures?

13. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    R.I.P Mr Cash The music world is a better place thanks to you.

14. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    This board has been pretty quiet lately, thought I would write an update. As of last Wednesday (11/26/03) I am now unemployed (happy holidays to me). I was laid off due to lack of work, it was either that or accept an artist position in Honduras, and I just couldnt do that. So I got my resume updated and am looking for a new job, preferably in the art/ graphic related area. If anyone knows of anything, any heads up would be greatly appreciated. I hope everyone is doing well and had an awesome Turkey Day.

Chris

15. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    Well got a lot of snow up here in HOTH county and have stumbled across a heap of writer's block on my story. Been playing the heck out of Jedi Academy and got through Vader's castle last night. Funny I didn't know he had a castle. Been working on getting a band up and recently met a new bass player. Now what to play? From the pressure's of work and life in general I have been smoking more than ever. And through the hard road of Christmas shopping my wallet feels the pain. A jedi mind trick would be useful now. May the force be with you. And you. And you. Let's not forget you. And oh yeah YOU!!!!

16. Padme_Karen

May 20, 2002
    Happy New year!!! What resolutions did you make??

Here are mine:

*Take better care of my heart, body and soul
    *Remove all negative forces from my life
    *Party like its 2004
    *Live happily ever after - because after all to look great and be happy is the best revenge isn't it.

Now its your turn ...

p.s. thanks to everyone who replied to my post on the raleigh gab thread.

17. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Happy to report I am no longer unemployed. The company that originally laid me off, called me back. I was hired back as an artist and got a nice raise as well. At least thats one burden I dont have to carry anymore. My figure collecting has really slowed down, I have actually been selling off some of my collection on Ebay, mostly McFarlane Spawn figures for the time being. If anyone collects Spawn figures let me know, I may have some you are looking for. Hope all is well, Episode 3 draws near!!

Chris

18. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I am thrilled to death with how well ROTK did at the Oscars, WAY TO GO! Been very busy at work here lately, 6 days a week, alot of OT, money is good at least, just no time off to spend any of it, lol. I am still selling off alot of my figure collection, let me know if there are any Spawn, or Star Wars figures ya need, I may jsut have them to sell.

Chris

19. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    ROTK kicked soooo much butt at the OSCAR's. About d@mn time something from the fantasy/science fiction catagory won more than just visual effects or sound.

If you are going to StellarCon, see you there.

Jedi Master Kel
    (The Archangel)

20. Padme_Karen

May 20, 2002
    This board is pretty quiet. Anyone go to Stellarcon??
    Or seen any good movies lately??

21. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Still working 6 days a week around here, thankfully the last few Saturdays have only been half days. Havent had alot of free time to do much else other than work and sleep, but I cant complain too much, the money is good and job security feels good, so in some ways I feel lucky. I know what the alternative is, around this time last year I was laid off for about 2 months, the job market is horrible, I can sympathize with all these people that have been laid off. I have been to a few new movies, I posted reviews under the Movie thread. I hope everyone is doing well, let me hear from you!

Chris

22. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    here's my review from Ozzfest. Hope some of you got to see this show this year.

OZZFEST 2004 REVIEW

Well we got there late and were super pissed 'cos we missed Lacuna Coil and me and my friend both wanted to see them. BUT we found out later that they didn't play. Then we felt better about being late.

Bleeding Through(missed these guys)
    Atreyu(missed these guys)
    Darkest Hour(didn't care)
    Throwdown(didn't care)
    Magna Fi (didn't care)
    DevilDriver (didn't care)
    God Forbid (awesome, 3rd time seeing them)
    OTEP (1st time seeing them, Liked 'em, bought their new cd, got it autographed, singer was kinda a beotch)
    Unearth(didn't care)
    Every Time I die(didn't care)
    Lamb of God (awesome, bought newest cd, got it autographed as well as my Burn the Priest 7", they were all cool. They were like awesome, you got some of the oldschool fodder. Singer wasn't very fan friendly)
    Hatebreed(could care less)
    Slipknot(demoted to second stage this year, oh well, not a big fan anyways)

Black Label Society(3rd time seeing them, ok I guess)
    Super Joint Ritual ( Phil talked way to much and they only had so long to play... My friend and I were like you only got 30 45 mins. to play.... Shut the **** up and play some music. I'm not here to hear you talk the whole time)
    Dimmu Borgir(******* killer, played older songs, I think my friend I were the only ones that were as excited about seeing them. Croud starts a pit during Super Joint which really isn't pit music, it's to slow. No pit for Dimmu when there should have been. I wish they would have been able to play more than 5 or 6 songs. They only played 1 song of of DCA, 1 song of Puritanical, the rest older stuff but, I don't think they played anything off Spiritual Black Dimensions which is the only other Dimmu record I have. The new drummer isn't no where near as good as Nicholas. He actually ****** up a few times. Over all, they were awesome,I was glad I've finally been able to see them live)
    Slayer (Of course these guys ******* rocked. What do you expect, I've never seen or heard of a disappointing Slayer show. They played a good mixture of songs from all releases about(Reign in Blood,Mandatory Suicide,Dead Skin Mask, South of Heaven). The pit was going at it's strongest during Slayer. Nothing but, good things to say about Slayer. They were signing which pissed me off 'cos I didn't think they would be signing. 'Cos Dave Lombardo is the only signature I'm missing on some LP's. BUT kERRY WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAME OUT TO MEET PEOPLE)
    Judas Priest( I guess they did good, the croud seem to be very excited. I was never a Judas Priest fan when I was a kid so I ddidn't really care. They did play the You got another thing comin' song and the Breakin the Law song. Halfords vocals were way too loud.)
    Black Sabbath(What do you think? Of course they ******* rocked. What do you expect? The only thing was Iommis' guitar was too loud. Started with WarPigs(my favorite) Played all the big hits: Black Sabbath, Fairies wear Boots, Iron Man and so on) Funny part was Ozzy tellin' us about his motorcycle accident and the doctor tellin' him, "You may wanna wait to do any touring for about 18 months." Of course Ozzys' response to the Doctor was **** You. [face_laugh] Anyways they were great. Bill Ward has put on a few pounds though.

23. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Got my Star Wars DVDs, I even took a vacation day on Friday and spent all day watching the DVDs and got paid for it, could life get any better? lol. I am very impressed and pleased with the DVD set, they went all out, the movies look amazing. Anyone notice an changes on the Special Editions? The only one I have noticed so far was on Empire when Luke jumps from the gantry after the duel, the scream that was added on the Special Edition, was removed on the DVD. Anyone notice anything else?

Chris

24. DarthKimbers

DarthKimbers Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    Hey guys.. Greensboro here also. Awesome that we have our own board, who would have thought :D

Love the Star Wars DVD's I have watched them about 20 times each movie now I think..lol I work next to a TV and DVD player so I'm lucky I guess in that manner...

Long live star wars ;)

25. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Welcome Darth Kimbers, I am glad to finally have some other people posting on here, haha. I have lost count on how many times I have seen the movies, I know the total is waaaay up there. I have loved the trilogy since I first saw it when I was around 4 years old, I grew up with the toys and still collect alot of things to this day. Its been a big part of my life and no matter how many times I have seen the movies, I get excited every time.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.