main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

South East Greensboro/Guilford Co. NC *needs* a chapter to call its own

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Chris Knight, Dec 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Knight

Chris Knight TFN Humor Staff star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    Greetings,
    Greensboro NC and the surrounding areas of Guilford/northern Randolph/Alamance,Rockingham counties deserves a FanForce chapter all their own.

For the past several months I've heard from **many** fans in this area who have asked why isn't there one already. We are one of the strongest fan bases in the Southeast. High Point hosts AlphaCon every February or so and that usually attracts a fair share of SW personalities. There are several members of the 501st around here... for all those reasons and more, this area is *ripe* for its own FanForce chapter.

What say ye? :)

2. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    I'm very surprised there isn't a Greensboro board, let alone action made to make one yet. The closest board to you seems to be Winston-Salem.

But, if you'd like to get your own board created, you need three people to voice for the creation of a Greensboro board. And, since you're one person, you need two more voices to get a board created for you. :)

Good luck with it. :)

3. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Yeah...what RMCOY said. ;)

If two more people from separate households voice their support for the creation of a City Forum for your area, I can create it for you.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at minacia@fanforce.net. :)

4. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    If you need any help at all, just send me a PM and I'll be glad to help you guys get situated after the board is created.

Salty

5. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I have always said our region has such helpful folks. :)

6. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    ...and my axe, uh...lightsaber, sir, just PM me too, and keep intouch. We have a Star Wars Day at Exploris coming up on Jan 4. All Greensboro folk are welcomed.

7. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I've added the following stuff to this Saturday's Star Wars day at Exploris in Raleigh, yall come!

2PM - 5PM Star Wars Monopoly game

2:30 PM Star wars 3 person team jigsaw puzzel contest

3PM Shadow players light saber duel

3:30 PM Star Wars Electronic Battleship competition!

Dinner afterwards and a movie!

8. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Have you seen the information on the Greensboro Toy Show? http://www.imperialquartermaster.com

Have you seen all the Star Wars celebrities?!!!

Pete Mayhew (Chewie), Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett), Rusty Goff (Iasa the Jawa), Shannon Baksa (Mara Jade), Mike Sheard (Admiral Ozzel), Mike Edmonds (Logray the Ewok Shaman), Mike Quinn (Nien Numb), Amy Allen (Aayla Secura, Jedi).... the list is growing..... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.