main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Greetings all... Im here to talk some Star Wars!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by QUIGONMIKE, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    I found this forum after getting the Star wars "itch" again after watching ALL the movies again with the family over the Holiday vacation. We had a blast watching them all. We ended up watching them in the order that they were RELEASED and this greatly added to the enjoyment. I would recommend watching them in this order(4,5,6 - 1,2,3) from here on out. They just work better this way IMO.

Anyways.... good to be hear and Im looking forward to shottin some bantha fodder! [face_laugh]

2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! Welcome to the JC. :)

Have you read any of the Expanded Universe?

3. QUIGONMIKE

Jan 5, 2009
    No, I have not. I am really interested in doing so though. Ive been checking out some lists and book "orders" so I know what to read first. I have pretty much settled on Truce at Bakura being the next book to read. Is this correct or are you talking about a whole different set of novels related to SW?

4. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    Welcome! :D Truce at Bakura was really good. I hope you like it here. Don't be afraid to ask questions about anything, most of us are really nice. [face_peace]

5. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Howdy, Mike! Glad to see you've already gotten started in the Prequel Trilogy forum! If you're looking for knowledgeable Star Wars fans who are also here to talk some Star Wars, that's a good start! :p

If you need help finding something or figuring out the boards, just let us know. As for EU, I'd highly recommend Tim Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy to start off with... Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command. But, if you want the expert opinion on where to start off, you might want to check out the literature forum's New to the EU? thread. You can get your questions about books answered there, for sure. :)

See you around!
    Trikes

6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Hello there, and welcome to the forums. :D

7. lokust

lokust Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 30, 2008
    Welcome aboard Mike! I believe this is the best place for everything SW.
    When entering the Eu, I jumped right in to the Darth Bane books, Path of Destruction & Rule of two. They are awesome!
    Trika is a plethora of knowledge, so I would take her advice as where to start.

I also recommend going through with the adoption training. It is most useful.

Have fun, this is a huge place to explore.
    -Lokust

8. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    fixed

Oh and hai, lokust! PM soaring your way!

9. QUIGONMIKE

Jan 5, 2009
    Thanks to all for the book info! Looks like I have some choices as to what "path" to follow novel-wise. Im currently finishing another set of novels(Dark Elf Trilogy) and then its off to Star Wars novels.

I'll keep gathering info about books to make sure I jump-in at a good spot!

:)

10. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Hold it right there! You're reading Drizzt? Awesomesauce!

I'm currently reading The Pirate King, the latest in Salvatore's series. Keep the Science Fiction/Fantasy Books and Comics forum handy soon, so you can see my awesome Drizzt banner I just made and watch me gush and drool all over myself. I've been waiting for it to get pinned up top for about a week now.

You should totally keep going with the Icewind Dale series and beyond when you get the chance. :D

11. QUIGONMIKE

Jan 5, 2009
    Yep, really getting into Drizzt & the Dark Elves. Im only on the first book so there is lots to come! Great stuff... all the hype is TRUE for a change!

I will probably start some Star Wars novels during the Drizzt stuff although I dont always like to read two different books at the same time. I DO plan on continuing with the Icewind series, no doubt!

12. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    Welcome, QUIGONMIKE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.