main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Greetings and Felicitations.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by steve12553, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve12553

steve12553 Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2006
    I am a long time reader who saw the first Star Wars movie during it's first couple of weeks in the theater as an adult. I've seen hundreds of Science Fiction movies and read hundreds of Science Fiction books all with many other in both categories in other genre and sub-genre. I lack a light sabre but own a few of the earthly equivalent: the Samarai Sword. May the Force be with you.

2. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Greetings Steve12553, welcome to the boards. There are some links at the top of the page that will help you find your way around. We look forward to talking to you. If you have questions don't hesitate to ask us. Hope to see you around. :)

3. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Welcome to the boards!

Felicitation sounded extremely dirty to me, I had to look it up. I know a new word now, yay! Glad to see you've found the Science Fiction Fantasy Boards... I thought you'd be perfect to link those forums to, but alas, you found them on your own. You may still like to check out the Map of the Boards, that can be pretty helpful.

Feel free to hang out in Welcome New Users for as long as you'd like, but don't feel shy exploring the world beyond. We're all happy to answer any questions you have. Enjoy your stay!

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome steve12553! :)

I've just took a look at your profile. You have over 600 books? Have you counted them or is it a guess? I've never counted my books. There are many as well, although not as many as I would love to. ;)

A Samurai sword is cool, too. Are you also doing some kind of martial arts? :)

Enjoy your stay and it would be nice to see you at the Newbie Welcome Party, too. :)

5. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Welcome, steve!

6. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    welcome aboard, steve!:D
    hope you enjoy your time around.

And it's good to see you're not the only book-mad person around. Though my collection only reaches half of yours ... so far.[face_mischief]

7. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    Welcome Steve.
    Glad to see a new face ... or username at least!

Have fun buddy.

8. StarWarsFreak444

StarWarsFreak444 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 28, 2005
  9. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Welcome to the Jc steve123553, have fun!

10. Zelda_Skywalker

Zelda_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2005
    Well hello...and welcome steve12553!!

I'll start with the JCC...the Jedi council Community is where you can share anything on your mind...

The SWC..Star Wars Community is where, anything pertaining to SW..that doesn't fit anywhere else goes...

and if you need help with anything, I refer to you the Connections board, there you can ask the Mods questions and get answers from someone you know can help you.

I alson like to help people as well...so if there is something you really don't wanna post..just Pm it to me and I'll see what I can do..or tell you.

and also, if you just want someone to talk to...just Pm me anytime you like.
    I hope you have fun here.

May the Force be with you. Always.

-Zelda

11. steve12553

steve12553 Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2006
    Wow, thank you for all the greetings. I posted this a couple of weeks ago and then forgot I did it (it's an age thing). I've been exploring different forums looking for somewhere (or something, cyberspace always ceates confusion)I felt comfortable. This place is much more active than several of the others I've looked at. I am a reader. Mostly Science Fiction, some Fantasy with an occational detective/crime drama stuck in. I did inventory my books several years ago and I've added rather than subtracted. With this type of friendly response, I definitely will spend some time here. (relative that it is.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.