main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA Greetings and Hello...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Nassik_jedi, Aug 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nassik_jedi

Nassik_jedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2003
    I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Shawn and I have just recently moved into Ventura County. When I saw this region on the Jedi Council Forums I thought that I ought to introduce myself to the other star Wars fans in this area.
    My primary interests in Star Wars focus around the EU novels and the Jedi (the pride and joy of my Star Wars collection is a custom built lightsaber hilt). I collect some of the action figures (only those characters that use the Force) and, like so many others, I've seen the movies more times than I could ever try to count.
    In my own experience it is rare that I come across another Star Wars fan and so I thought that this forum would be a great place to finally talk with others that share this interest. I hope to make a few new acquaintances through a galaxy far, far away and I hope that this message finds all those that read it feeling well.

2. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    Well, hello there, Nasik! Welcome to Ventura County and our humble little Fan Force!

Where in VC are you located? I'm in Thousand Oaks, a couple of us are in Camarillo, and the rest are in various places around the county.

Well, we'd be glad to meet you sometime! Glad you contacted us!

3. Nassik_jedi

Aug 15, 2003
    Hello Zaranne, I'm here in Port Hueneme.

4. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Welcome, you should try to make it out to a meeting soon!

5. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    Welcome Nassik!! We can never have enough EU afficionados. :)

You should really try and come to our meeting if you can, it would be great. I too was a small bastion of Star Wars light in the vastness of Westlake Village, until I met these fine people. ;)

6. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Yay, more people.

Port Huneme eh? I know a few people from there who like Star Wars.

7. Nassik_jedi

Aug 15, 2003
    I've known the area of Port Hueneme and Oxnard for a great number of years (I have family here) but it is only recently that I have found myself living here.
    I have been accused of being a slight bit obsessed with Star Wars, but that's far better than being obsessed with something else (say episodes of Montel williams, for example). Though by now I may be a novel or two behind in the NJO series I try to stay current as my time allows. But my primary interest and focus always lies with the jedi. I have a particular interest in lightsabres (yes, I'm picky enough that I use the original spelling;) and I thrive on studying these weapons.
    I've never tried to build a lightsabre and doubt that I ever will though I do plan to have another one built someday (Before the demise of SaberKits I spent over six months designing and redesigning a custom lightsabre that was estimated at approximately $600.00 to build). My study and research of the lightsabre makes me an expert in no way, shape, or form though I do like to hope that I learned a thing or two about them in the process.
    Of all the characters in the Star Wars universe I am a devout fan of Corran Horn (as my personal icon indicates). I can't help but respect a jedi that lacks telekenetic powers and his record as a pilot isn't too bad either. My favorite and most read Star Wars novel is "I, Jedi" and I'm sure that I'll read it again and again until my copy finally falls apart.
    I thank all of you that have responded to my brief introduction and I hope to get to know you all a bit better.

8. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Corran is my favorite EU Star Wars character, for reasons I don't want to go into here as it would probably be long and drawn out. The cover on my paperback copy of I, Jedi fell off and I had to tape it back on because I read it so much. :p In short:

YES!!! CORRAN RULES!!!!!! :D

9. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Haha, too bad Corran is a loser!

I kid, I kid.

10. Zaranne

Apr 22, 2003
    Hey, Nassik, sorry for messing up your name earlier...it was late...yadda, yadda, yadda...

Glad to see you on board...although I confess to being a neophyte when it comes to the EU...I know bits and pieces...but not a lot.

11. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Don't worry Zar, we'll tie you up and force-feed you EU one of these days.

12. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Welcome and greeting, Nassik!

We certainly hope you will feel at "home" here, and will be able to make it to our meeting this upcoming Saturday.

If you are interested in attending, please let me know, and I will PM you directions on how to get to the BBQ.

(BTW, if I may ask, how did you find us?)

13. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    GB: From his first post: When I saw this region on the Jedi Council Forums I thought that I ought to introduce myself to the other star Wars fans in this area. :D

Wait...you moved, didn't you? Do you still live in Ventura?

14. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Who? I am confused. :(

Oh, you mean GB! Doh!

Yeah, she's still in Ventura I think. :)

15. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    You should all just move to Camarillo, the clearly superior VC city.

16. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Thanks for the heads-up, YJ.

Yes, I still live in Ventura. Move to Camarillo? No, thanks...too far for my northward bound commute.

17. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    YEah, I wouldn't move to Camarillo. I am happy with my predominatly elderly/teenager neighborhood.

18. Zaranne

Apr 22, 2003
    And I like it here in T.O. thank you very much...although the husband and I have talked about a possible move to Ventura if we ever decide to buy a real house...

19. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Yes...move here!

20. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    C'mon Matt, I need some Camarillo support!

21. Nassik_jedi

Aug 15, 2003
    GentleBant,
    I found you by simply clicking through the links off of the main www.theforce.net page. I knew that the Jedi Council forums existed, but I had never used them. Anyway... As I clicked through I saw some of the different FanForce regions and so I looked to see if there was anything in my area. After a moment or two I found the Ventura County forum and so with the click of a button I found myself here.
    I like Ventura and the surrounding area and I have received such a very warm welcome since I first posted this thread. Thanks a lot.

22. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Camarillo support? Well uh... Camarillo could be worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.