main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA Greetings and Salutations fellow Jedis or Siths

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Phoonzang, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoonzang

Phoonzang Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I decided to look into the site and register today as a user after learning of the website last night at the premiere at Meadowbrook Mall. I have wanted for the past couple of years to start a fanclub for the local area and after last night learning of it, I was excited.

I was one of the guys who entered the costume contest. My girlfriend and i stoof in the costume line. She was the Queen Amidala dining room atire. I was wearing the Anakin Skywalker Jedi gear. I thought the showing was going to be more near 9:30 and after 9:30 went and gone I took My lightsabres and hood to the car happy oh well. Nice to meet you all. I am hoping you have an active group. I know of several other people whom may want to join.

At this point of my life, I'm trying to obtain more lifesize and quality of props and costumes. The outfits we wore last night were copies made from a japansese woman in Arizona. Im trying to obtain stormtrooper armor and vader armor, however I am very skeptical on ebay to order such items. Obviously price on an auction is my main factor. I just got burnt on a celebration III vader auction. I sent a money order for the item and well, they said they didnt obtain the moner order. So I am putting a trace on the money order.

Do you all do anything else for charity, dress up, go places? I dont know. I would just like more input on what you all do.

I thought last night was a great thing you all did for the mission. I enjoyed the movie. I waited at line at 4 am for the tickets, and they opened up the other doors closest to the cinemas, instead at hardees. At least my interview made the TV happy . I taped the news for anyone else who was on tv. I can edit and put these on mpeg files if your site does stuff like this. I dont know if I can promote my halo website here, but on the photos page of www.halofreaks.com I have some jedi pictures we do with Photoshop and green/blue screen. Our people from the site are planning on making a star wars movie. If theres anyway we at halofreaks can unite with theforcenet. let me know. Me and my friend Jim do web development and alot with video/picture video/photography. Just let me know.

I sent this post at the new member section. I was not sure if that other section was for entire members at the time or for just local members.

Thanks
    Buster
    aka Phoonzang

2. Dotanis

Dotanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2002
    Thanks for stopping in Buster. =)

-Dot

3. Ithorian

Ithorian Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2000
    Hi there!

We try to stay as active as possible, when real life allows. :) Typically, we meet once a month to discuss business and try to coordinate it with some fun activity. However, the more members we get, the more active the chapter will be, so if you know anyone else who'd like to join, by all means, bring them!

We'll be scheduling another meeting soon, so watch for a post. We do dress up. Three of us also have costumes (though I must say, yours probably puts most of ours to shame :p ).

As far as putting MPEG files on the website? Absolutely. We already have some video and audio on the site. Any submissions would be welcome. Direct those Darth_Raptor's way.

Glad you had a good time at the show, Buster!

4. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    Hiya! I don't believe I got a chance to meet you... :( Hopefully you can come to our next meeting!

(I'm the chick who was passing out raffle tickets opening night.)

:)

5. Phoonzang

Phoonzang Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Hey thanks for the warm welcome. I talked with the other members of our site halofreaks and I have at least 3 other members of our little web page society that are curious to your website. I gave them the URL and hopefully they register soon.

I am going to catch up and try to read more of the older posts this weekend. I have a question in regards to copyright about the News broadcasts. Would that cause any problems with youre website? ie copyprotection violation of any sort? I am not sure how live or recorded video feed works with the intellectual copyright laws. :) Im sure with how the Star Wars movie got leaked they are cracking down. I dont want to see anyone get into any financial burdens over something so small. So if you all know or think its all right, I'll start working on them.

Thanks
    Buster

6. Ithorian

Ithorian Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2000
    As far as I understand it, as long as you are not making a profit off of the footage, it's not a problem. Most local news broadcasts don't have a problem with it, and Lucasfilm usually doesn't take issue with it, either.

7. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Hello and Welcome!

Glad you could drop by!

If you have any video, picture, or other related submissions for the website just PM me and I'll get you all the info.

Sometimes our activities at our meetings are pretty simple, like just eating out, or playing something like Star Wars Epic Duals or Star Wars Monopoly or going to a movie. If we get enough interest, we may even consider doing the Star Wars RP game again :) This year we have probably been the most busy with Ep. III comming out, but every year we usually take a trip up to the Pittsburgh ComiCon and down to WV JediCon. We are really good friends with the Pittsburgh FanForce group as well as the folks who run WV JediCon.

8. Wraith_wolf

Wraith_wolf Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2005
    Welcome to the site! I remember both of your costumes and they were quite impressive. If you have an interest in the making of movie costumes, how to and the like, I would suggest looking up info on a star wars group called the 501st. Some of them are in PA, and we have met up with them a few times, (usually during our pittsburgh comicon run) I had talked with them for a while about joining up, but I never seem to be able to find the time to sit down and work up a costume. They were full of great tips, however, and are just a really great group of guys and gals. =)

BTW: Love the icon. Old school atari all the way!

9. Zoomer

Zoomer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    Hello to all..

I too was at the premier Weds. night, although I didn't get into the midnight showings my intention was to attempt to get tickets for the first Thursday showing. I wasn't able to get them until Thursday, but I was really excited to see all the cool costumes. There were some great costumes!!

I got to meet Fettish and her husband. (You might remember me as the guy who asked you how you made your lightsaber.) I'm glad to know there is a club in this area.

After much debate with my wife I was able to buy Anakin's Master Replica Force FX lightsaber today. I actually found one at a Game Stop in Morgantown. Now all I need is a Jedi costume to go with it.

Does anyone know the best pattern to use to make the tunic, robe and pants? My wife can sew, we just need the best pattern.

I'd like to know more about your meetings too.

May the Force be with us...
    Jedi Zoomer

10. Dotanis

Dotanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2002
    Zoomer my advice for the right costume pattern is the one that fits you. =)

11. Zoomer

May 22, 2005
    I'm not all that worried about the fit. My wife is a good seamstress. She can make anything fit. I'm more concerned about getting something that looks as good as some of the ones I saw on Wednesday night. I'd like to have something that's reasonably accurate too.

12. Zoomer

May 22, 2005
    I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. Also if you have Yahoo and want to talk...I'm Zoomer_31.

13. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I believe the pattern that us Jedi up here based our Jedi Robes on was a Simplicity Pattern. If you look through the catalog at your local craft store under the costume section is should list - I just can't remember the number off the top of my head.

~Doc_Bev

14. TieDyeWookie

TieDyeWookie Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    Hello. I am new to the boards as well. I come hoping to find fellow Star Wars enthusiasts in the Clarksburg area. And hopefully, to find some new friends.

I'm an official Star Wars fan club member with Hyperspace and got my membership card about a month ago. Finally. The official SW fan club does things sort of slow. I didn't get my first Star Wars Insider Magazine until I was a member for 3 months and they sent me one I already had. But some of the inside stuff are huge perks.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and I look forward to meeting some of you.

-Bryan

15. TieDyeWookie

TieDyeWookie Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    Hello. I am new to the boards as well. I come hoping to find fellow Star Wars enthusiasts in the Clarksburg area. And hopefully, to find some new friends.

I'm an official Star Wars fan club member with Hyperspace and got my membership card about a month ago. Finally. The official SW fan club does things sort of slow. I didn't get my first Star Wars Insider Magazine until I was a member for 3 months and they sent me one I already had. But some of the inside stuff are huge perks.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and I look forward to meeting some of you.

-Bryan

16. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    I agree, my costume was based off an Simplicity costume patern. The Simplicity patterns are very basic, and mine required alot of modification from their pattern to get the Jedi look I was going for, but those patterns are a great place to start! A good example,
    here
    , is package 5840. You can usually find these patterns at local stores like Jo-Ann fabrics and Wal-Mart too.

17. Zoomer

May 22, 2005
    Thank you, Doc_Bev and Darth Raptor. I remembered we had bought a pattern a year or more ago, and had my wife look for it. Turns out it's the same one you listed Darth. So, I guess I'll be "good to go". (As soon as she can find time to work on it that is)

Thanks..
    Zoomer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.