main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Greetings exhaulted ones

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Kie77, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kie77

Kie77 Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2004
    I finally stumbled onto this forum yesterday and thought I should pop in and say 'Hello'.

Hello

:)

I'm not very good at these 'hello, I too like starwars' intros. Anyway, I live near Richmond/Twickenham in London (well, i guess it's technically not London). I was at the starwars celebration jamboree in London last year, which was fantastic, I especially enjoyed the art section and came away with a couple of gorgeous pictures.

What else? I enjoy reading the 'starwars tales' comics, I highly recommend them. Shadows of the Empire is a must read too, I suspect most of you have read it, if not go read it, read it now!

Recently at work there was a video competition to promote one of our departments, I saw that as an excuse to make a lightsabre fight...well you would wouldn't you? I've edited out all the corporate nonsense and put just the lightsabre bit up here:
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XtcfNjsnRYI

I quite enjoyed making it and messing with Adobe After Effects and hope to make a more interesting lightsabre video later this year.

So yeah, this is me and I look forward to joining in the London forum

2. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Hi Kie :)

Welcome to the London Forum, and if it's in the Greater London area, it counts as London as far as I'm concerned ;)

Great video too :D Did you win the competition??

And if you don't mind me asking, what artwork from CE did you walk home with?? I got myself the Dave Dorman CE exclusive print and the two Ralph McQuarrie ones. We have a few wannabe artists located here too, me being one of them. Feel free to check out my website: www.mattskilton.co.uk

3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
  4. Kie77

Kie77 Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2004
    Thanks for the welcome chaps.

Matt, your art work is incredible by the way, really nice stuff.

I walked away with a Sam Fout piece called 'Moss Eisley Wise Guys' you can see it here:

http://www.plasticandplush.com/plasticandplush/2007/05/sam_fouts_mos_e.html

and the other piece of art I got is a true gem...I just don't know what it is called and can't find it online. It's like a German/Russian world war propaganda poster with Jedi statue heads on one side, and Siths on the other, and xwings on one side with TIE fighters on the other.

You may know the piece I mean, I was not leaving the building without it :)

I'll take a photo and put it online if you want to see.

Halibut, I shall post my very same 'hello' message on the regional page.

Thankyou

Oh, I didn't win the video content, some crappy boring video won...a pure fix. The strange thing is, the department in question are using my video and not the winning video. I dunno...they ask for an amusing edgey video and that one that wins is soooooo boring, just people mumbling rubbish to eachother.
    It's a fix I tells ya. It's like Florida all over again

5. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    hey,who are you calling a wannabe artist,lordtice?
    :(
    oh,that'll be me,then...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.