Greetings FanForce Tulsa!

Discussion in 'Tulsa, OK' started by Kun2112, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kun2112 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hello!
    I am a fan in Little Rock, and working on a banner for the MidSouth Boards. What I would like to know, is what YOU think would be a representative image for OK. for example, i am thinking a royal guard wearing a plastic Razorback hat for AR. Post any suggestions you may have, and MTFBWY!
  2. Angry_Princess Jedi Knight

star 1
    Greetings Kun2112. Welcome to our board. And thank you again for that helpful information about Fayetteville.
    I'll have to think about a design.
  3. pinata242 Jedi Knight

star 3
    You can find our official logo here.

I think I can speak for the majority of the group that this is how to best represent us. At least the gold portions. The driller (man) especially.
  4. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Master

star 4
    Personally, i really don't care for our logo at all. ( i know i'm not alone either) it works for now though and serves its purpose, but i'd be not against us getting another eventually.

As for the region hmmm.... i'll have to think about it.
  5. pinata242 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Really? I hadn't heard anyone say anything bad about the logo.

The only other thing Tulsa has unique is that it used to have oil and oil money, now everything's turning to trash. Oh yeah, and Hanson. Either way, trash. Take your pick. :) I guess we do have 2 of the top 10 most dangerous intersections in America per State Farm. Too bad we don't know anyone who works at SF to verify this...
  6. Shadoe42 Jedi Knight

star 3
    How come nobody spoke up when we were getting this logo? Personally I like it. Liked it then and I like it now.
  7. FaceLoran Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ed, it was kind of a "which is the best of two possible logos?" and the one we have was definitely better. (I can say that without offending anyone, since I made the other one!) Since those of us who don't really like the current one can't come up with anything much better, it's good enough for now.

As far as a rep. image of Oklahoma, I can only speak as someone who has lived here for only 3 years, but when I think of Oklahoma I think of the image on the license plate "Native America". That's just me, though.
  8. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, it was already picked when i joined. Can't speak for why no one else said anything. Personally liked the reb imp logo more, but its really not a big deal now.

I to think of the dream catcher thing when i think of OK symbols.
  9. pinata242 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Are we talking OK or Tulsa here? We're not (officially) the Oklahoma FanForce. I think it would be best to localize it as much as possible. Although I can't think of any symbol that represents just Tulsa.
  10. Shadoe42 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I can...the golden driller :) That seems to be the image most often associated with Tulsa when I see refereneces elsewhere.
  11. FaceLoran Jedi Knight

star 3
    The thread is a question about an image to represent all of OK on the Mid-South region general board, not just Tulsa.

And trust me on this, very few people outside of the mid-south region (or even outside of OK) know what the heck the Golden driller is.
  12. Shadoe42 Jedi Knight

star 3
    heh not according to the folks I know in NC and other spots I have lived :)

Don't get me wrong it doesn't much matter to me.
    Just put the Ok state outline on it with a star wars logo on it hehe

But we are not the Oklahoma FanForce. And there is one other OK chapter.
  13. pinata242 Jedi Knight

star 3
    He posted the same message to them too. Just no response. So whatever.
  14. talltrees Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, I never liked our logo and I didn't vote for it. Why do we have to have an object to represent Tulsa? If you look at some of the other fan force logos, not too many of them have monuments or objects that are in thier city. The REALLY cool ones (Indy, Phenx, Boston, Omaha) don't have any such thing. They just have very well designed logo using SW symbols (Emp., Reb., lightsabers, etc.)and a flag or skyline incorporated into it. The way I see it, all we need to have is the words TulsaFanForce and a really cool design to make people think it is our logo.
  15. QueenOverVader Jedi Knight

star 1
    I see... Darth Vader climbing the Williams building like King Kong, his cape billowing behind him while holding the Golden Driller in his hand...

Tulsa & SW combined! Did I solve our delima? :)

Sorry, didn't get much sleep last night ?[face_plain] Just ignore my failed tempts at humor!
  16. Angry_Princess Jedi Knight

star 1
    From what I've seen on the Arkansas boards, I think he is looking for an image that will encompass all of the Oklahoma FF's and any future OK FF's. They have 3 Fan Forces in Arkansas and he is picking one image to represent the state in the banner. The driller is great, but that's more of a Tulsa icon. When I think of the driller I think of Tulsa, and the oil boom, and the roaring 20s, flappers, and Art Deco buildings, not necessarily all of Oklahoma.
  17. Shadoe42 Jedi Knight

star 3
  18. Angry_Princess Jedi Knight

star 1
    Jammie, that's classic. heeheehee
  19. tk-424 Jedi Padawan

I agree with talltrees...
    The driller logo is cool ...but why do we need to have something with a Tulsa landmark.
    We can keep the logo but we can also do another.
    Why dont we have a contest in the group to come up with a logo...and we can all vote for the best one.

just an idea...
  20. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Master

star 4
    And a good idea it is Scott! Hmmmm.... *gets ta thinking*
  21. Angry_Princess Jedi Knight

star 1
    I agree that's it's a good idea. The only problem might be that there's the OKC FF also. We could still decide what logo we would like to have put on there. But I think it comes down to having something everybody will agree on.
  22. Angry_Princess Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here is a post by Kun2112:

6/27 11:03 pm http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=7372564&replies=15

ok, i am NOT a graphic artist, but i am going to try to put something together (just the images). currently the idea i have i sthe emperor, sitting in his throne, wearing a ten-gallon hat, flanked by royal guards, wearing those razorback hats.
    or maybee palpy wearing a crayfish bib w/ longhorns mounted on the wall holding magnolias. i have no idea for OKLA. though....any help here would be hot.
    (much credit goes to all the previous posters in this thread, especially Flashbacca for the royal guards idea.)

This is the kind of thing he is going for, I guess.
  23. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yea, its fun more then anything. After all Kun is the one making it for the state. I was just talking about us. Of course nothing has to change, i know we just got shirts and stuff. But like what was brought up before. Some of the other cities have awesome logos that don't have much to do with there city or state.

This is just my opinion of course, but the Buttless wonder that is the Gold Driller is creepy. Never trusted a man that stands over 3 stories tall and doesn't ever wear a shirt.
  24. talltrees Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thank you Scott. "I never liked..." is a little strong. I do like it and it has served it's purpose. But, I believe that we have some very gifted people in our group who could come up with something special. I mean, if I were to put our logo against say Phoenex or Omaha, I would say they had the much better logo. I am all about being the best. :D I have shown several people outside of our group the logo, and they just laughted. They thought is was a little cheesy. I think that the driller is part of a bye gone era in our history. And not necessarily a great part either. Kind like "Oklahoma is OK" on our car plates. The first time I saw those plates, I thought, is that all they are? Is OK? Because of our groups make up, we would have to have Emp. and Reb. logos. That is only fair. To tell you the truth, Billy came up with a really great design that I voted for. Maybe Billy could look at it again, and see if he could do a little bit of work on it? Just an idea.
  25. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Master

star 4
    I loved Billy's as well. But it will still be fun to give a crack at some new ones.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.