main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Greetings from a Galaxy not so far away

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Chyntuck, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Hi everyone,

First of all, a big thanks to all those I've been reading here for years. I finally took that leap of faith and registered.

I'm a picky Star Wars fan. I worship the movies, anything written by Timothy Zahn, a few other books and some comics; but I think that some EU writers and artists should be subjected to Vader's Force choke for what they did to the Galaxy far, far away.

I believe that the real protagonist of Star Wars is Artoo Deetoo, who always saves the day. I think that Anakin Skywalker is a gazillion times more interesting after he becomes Darth Vader, and I find that Grand Admiral Thrawn is the coolest villain of all times. In general I tend to root for the bad guys, especially when they have class, and I was very disappointed when Count Dooku was beheaded. I do have a soft spot for Han Solo, especially before he decides to go all nobility and self-sacrifice.

That's pretty much it about me. Looking forward to chatting with you around here!

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    No one has replied so far, then it's highly time!

Welcome Chyntuck! :)

What made you waiting so long before signing up? When I found this place ages ago, I couldn't resist that long. Hopefully you'll enjoy posting a lot more than lurking. There's no way back now. ;)

Enjoy your stay and ask whenever you have a question! :)

3. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Thanks Skiara!

I didn't sign up to limit the amount of time I spend here, but now that I'm between jobs, I could write on the forums all day long if I wanted to :)

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    That's cool for the start. Actually, it'll help you to navigate easier/faster later on, when you've started the next job. The forum is really big and can be overhelming by times. So, don't hesitate to take your time or ask or do whatever you need (like eating - I heard that's important in between :p ).

5. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    From one "original generation" fan (i.e., in the 40+ age bracket) to another, welcome Chyntuck :)

Hope you enjoy the boards! I know what you mean about feeling perhaps a need to limit time spent here...posting can be quite addictive:p