main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Greetings from a new resident

Discussion in 'Archive: Ft. Lauderdale, FL' started by DarthTeufel, Dec 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTeufel

DarthTeufel Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2001
    Hello one and all, I am Darth Teufel from Pennsylvania. I recently graduated from Penn State and landed a nice job in Ft. Lauderdale. Since I know virtually no one I decided open my star wars nerdiness up to the world. I thought this would be a good first step. I'm trying to figure out how exactly "The Fandomenace" works and would appreciate any help.

2. Zanatos_Soldat

Zanatos_Soldat Jedi Master star 1

Aug 5, 2001
    Greetings,

This is Zanatos Soldat, head of the Gaurds of Du'Rakis and personal bodygaurd to the Senator. I am a member of the FANDOMENACE. We a local South Florida Star Wars Club that goes about to conventions having a good time meeting new people, the stars, sometimes RPing for better history of our characters and best of all....PARTYING!!!
    You would have to talk to the leader about joining...he would be " ChDetPiavra" He is the president of the club and for the gaming section is "AxtonTredway". Ummm anything else well... lets see...not really we do fun stuff like the event we are going to this January. Talk to the president about it. Take care and good luck!

3. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Greetings Darth Teufel, I am Beenca Spunpatch. My position on our ship is classified as ship's steward and assistant to the quartermaster. I also do extensive tinkering with the droids on board. We have a lot of fun with this group. Right now we are starting to get ready for the upcoming convention in January. We are also trying to schedule a roleplaying session as soon as we can coordinate everyone's schedules. As soon as I get that info I will be glad to pass it along so that maybe you can drop by and check things out. I look forward to meeting you. I think you might like our group. We are a bunch of different individuals with varying occupations and backgrounds.

4. DarthTeufel

Dec 1, 2001
    That sounds great, though I have to admit I've never RP before (except D&D as a teenager). I also played SW RPG for a little bit, but the people I played with didn't want to keep it up. So I guess I need to come up with some sort of background or something. I have to say I'm thinking about somekind of slice/smuggler with honorable intentions in a dishonest profession. In fact this is the type of character I hope to develope in SW Galaxies. Then once I amass my fortune, open a little cantina somewhere..... Naboo would be cool but I would not allow any Gungans in. Jar jar just left too rotten of an impression on me. Actually the more I think about it the more I can come up with an interesting BG. Let me work on it a bit

5. KierynFelaris

KierynFelaris Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2001
    Greetings Darth Teufel,

Sounds like you have some good character ideas already. I'm sure we could give you some advice if your stuck with anything. Don't worry, a lot of our group is fairly new to RP themselves. I am also from Pennsylvania, so I'm glad to welcome someone else who escaped the snow and the cold. Keep in touch and we can set up a time for you to meet the group. Keep in mind the upcoming Vulkon convention right here in Ft Lauderdale (January 11-13) where we will be having a lot of fun.

Kieryn Felaris
    Secretary General - The Fandomenace

6. AxtonTredway

AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    Greetings Fellow Star Wars Fan:

I am Sean Sanders-Vice President and resident gamemaster of this troupe.Welcome to South Florida! I am speaking to the president this evening re. a protocol whereby we can all meet before Jan.We have met for roleplay at Lost Realms in Boca, but it seems a bit unrealstic venue at present. In the mean time, we will certainly be in touch soon.

Sean Sanders,
    Vice President, The Fandomenace

7. DarthTeufel

Dec 1, 2001
    Sounds cool. I'm kinda of anxious to meet other people as enthusiastic about star wars as I am. I'm normally around people who often (gasp) look down upon my knowledge of the SW universe. Though the fact that I know Biggs' first assignment was upon the Rand Ecliptic often shuts them up. Please lete me know when you guys are meeting. Peace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.