main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Greetings from a stupid American

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by LadyChaos1138, Oct 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uruk-hai

Uruk-hai Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 26, 2000
    Oh, I don't know. That chick from The Nanny has a beautiful voice and accent.

2. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
  3. mcgee3

mcgee3 Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2001
    Accents eh? how about a gal with a french accent? Can't top that. And as for american accents I find those southern gals pretty charming. I mean, which red-blooded male wouldn't want the likes of Daisy Duke( remember her?)to rotate his tires? Or change his oil for that matter!
    I've been to a few places and you can find accents good and bad anywhere. I suppose it boils down to personal taste or how low you have the volume on your hearing aid .

4. Sith_Lord_Dore

Sith_Lord_Dore Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    hey i hate going overseas and every1 body asking if am aussie iam sick of it all i tell u

5. LadyChaos1138

LadyChaos1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2001
    the Nanny Fran Drescher is from New York, its basicallly totally differant from all other accents in America. I have a slightly toned down Brooklyn accent

6. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    glad to hear that not all americans sound like the nanny. as for us Kiwis, we all talk like Russell Crowe.

7. Rogue_Sith

Rogue_Sith Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2001
    I'm also glad everyone doesn't sound like The Nanny, I find that annoying. I'm from the southwest, I don't really know if I sound any different from other americans (execpt New yorkers).
    I get what you mean about everyone asking if your an aussie, I have a friend (who's an aussie) and everyone thinks he's british.

8. darthmalt16

darthmalt16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 2000
    Greetings from nope not a stupid american.. A stupid Southern American. 'Suup Ya'll nutin much hear things a little dead back at our fanforce so I thought I'd hang 'round here for a bit.

And yes I do talk like that.

Don't Luagh 'cause I'm gonna be laughng when we get to heaven and St. Peter meets us at the gate with his old f-150 and says "Ya'll hop in the back f the truck we goin on up to the big house.

9. Sith_Lord_Dore

Sith_Lord_Dore Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    it depend which part of oz u come from if u come from the west u have got more of the English accent but it all depends which place u are @ to what ur accent is

10. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    DarthMalt, considering I am currently studying Grapes of Wrath, that little tirade was a little too much **shudders**

Accents = sexy?
    2 words.
    RUSSIAN WOMEN! (I'm talking the old Bond women like the one from Goldeneye... **proceeds to drool** arghhhhh...)

Gross generalisation aside, it is fair to label the MAJORITY (not by any means all) of Americans as stupid.
    1) Guy with least amounts of votes is sworn in as their president. Makes sense.
    2) believe Australians all ride kangaroos to work and that Canadians have flapping heads when they talk. (South Park is the number 1 American educational institution.)
    3) THEY FIND STEVE IRWIN ENTERTAINING!!!!!!!!
    4) G.W.BUSH Quote: "If you teach a child to read, chances are he will pass a literacy test."
    **End American bashing mode**
    sorry to any Americans who ARE smart, though a rare breed, i am aware that you DO exist!

11. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    Have you ever noticed, the girls in every Bond film, are always gorgeous? Even the old ones. I particulary liked From Russia with Love.

12. Sith-Gecko

Sith-Gecko Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    *wonders if naming certain Bond girls would get anyone banned*

13. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    "The name's Bond, James Bond,"

"Xenia Onatopp"

"On the top?"

"Onatopp"

Classic ;)

14. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Felicity Sha....

Oh. Wrong spy movie.

15. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    No, we only think your politicians and most people who end up being interviewed on CNN are stupid. :)

EDIT: This was actually a reply from last page...I should really start checking to see when topics have more than one page...just ignore me.

16. Darth-Tom

Darth-Tom Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2001
    Done and done :D

Nothing beats a Japanese accent in my opinion :)

17. darthmalt16

darthmalt16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 2000
    I've always liked Irish accents. Personally.

3) THEY FIND STEVE IRWIN ENTERTAINING!!!!!!!!

*You 'ave no bloody idea mate just lookin at that brave idiot is 'ours of entertainment.*(end bad australian accent)

Imitating him and making up bad skits about him gets a laugh everytime over here.

Quote of the day.

So where are you from Austria Ah well then lets throw another shrimp on the barbe-Jim carry Dumb and Dumber

18. LadyChaos1138

LadyChaos1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2001
    I HATE GOERGE W. BUSCH
    I have a t shirt of the stupid things he said "I believe the human bieng and the fish can coexist together peacefully." or the classic "I know its hard to put food on your family." No wonder GL filmed the new trilogy in England and Australia not to mention Spain.
    Just so you know, here in the US the news people always interview the most ignorant people they can find. Just watch scary movie.

This Halloweeen I dressed up like a stereotypical too go to my majority Republican school. They didn't even understand I was mocking them.

I plan on moving overseas when I'm an adult.

19. LittleJedi

LittleJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    When a friend of mine was in the US a 10 or 11 year old came up to her and asked where she was from. She said she was Australian. Right, now do you know the kid asked her next?

............................(DRUM ROLL...)

..."Do you speak English on your planet?"

Sigh. How stupid is that.

As for sexy accents: Scottish, English and Irish..... yum. South African ones are pretty cool too.

-Little Jedi-
    MTFBWY

20. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Personally I like American accents, as well as Americans in general, they're a nice and welcoming people. Everyone I met was great when I was there.

21. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Ignoring as instructed, HawkNC!

Ah, this is great, such excitement mixed with multiculturalism tinged with a not so subtle blend of racism.

Ah Australia!! what a place!!

22. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Well, you can't have multiculturalism without racism, that's like Big Kev without a Hawaiian shirt. But you're ignoring me, so I'll be quiet now.

23. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    **sits quitely and unmovingly, blatently ignoring the mummuring coming from the other corner of this thread.**

Bushisms -
    "The sole purpose of these terror attacks, is to terrify."
    "I might not know the specifics, but i am well aware of the finer details of the program."
    "The question that begs an answer is this: why are so many people faced with poverty?"

**That last one was more subtle, but I find it more entertaining then anything else i could pull from the multitude of quotes.**

But it's okay guys, we realise that he's different. He's from Texas, and not really a normal American. It's probably all the oil fumes.

24. MD-O

MD-O Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2000
    Yes, he's not a "normal American" like that skirt chasing white trash president we had to endure for the last 8 years. It's too bad Clintons Democratic administration was not able to solve poverty and heal race relations. I thought Democrats were perfect.

I'll end my rant now. You have to forgive me, I'm from Florida where we can't vote, think straight or read. Have a nice day.

25. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Don't feel too bad. Despite all the jokes there's plenty of aussies like myself who think Bush is a huge step up from Clinton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.