main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Greetings from Okinawa

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Scars Unseen, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Scars Unseen

Scars Unseen Jedi Padawan

Feb 28, 2013
    Hey everyone. New guy here(kind of... could have sworn I was registered to these boards before, but none of my email addresses click... maybe I just lurked...). Been a fan since first watching the OT in all its unedited glory on VHS back when I was a kid. OTOH it has only been relatively recently that I got into the EU(started with Vector Prime). I recently finished the Fate of the Jedi series(still fuming over how that ended), and now I'm going back in time to read the Thrawn trilogy.

I tried my hand at lightsaber prop building, but ran into financial trouble(and my Dremel's motor burned out when I was modding my steel computer case for water cooling), so I haven't been able to quite finish that one(and had to sell my Crystal Focus... *sob*). I do however still have a hilt built by Do Clo, so I'm happy about that at least. One of these days I'll be in a better position to finish what I started.

Hmm... what else? I'm a fan of tabletop role playing, but didn't really feel like D20 was a suitable system for Star Wars. Looking forward to trying out the new Fantasy Flight version once the full ruleset comes out. Not that I'm likely to be able to play, mind you. Sadly, I haven't been able to form a stable gaming group since I moved to Okinawa 7 years ago.

I used to be an active member of the SCA(medieval studies organization... plus we beat each other up with rattan sticks), and I learned how to hand sew while I was active, so I may turn those skills toward making a Jedi outfit if I can find some suitable fabric. Basically, I enjoy creative work and like to keep busy(I also designed custom wedding rings for my wife and me), but don't have the funding to do so as I'd like.

Anyway, figured I'd drop by and say my hellos. So wait for it... here it comes...

Hello.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Scars Unseen: Failte Nua Duine. Brilliant on the insightful intro. Your SW interests seem rather widespread, so check out every section of the boards... from books & EU to collecting to games to the films... just check out everywhere. Okinawa is lovely. Your fluidity in English is grand, so I figure to ask, are you stationed there for military purposes?

Get posting, involve yourself on here, have a good time, and if you require any assistance or insights, @.tag one of us in here. This thread is now your tech support area.

3. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    HelloScars Unseen. :)

I know some people that were in SCA. One was here in the St. Louis area and another I can't recall where he's from(only know him from the boards).

4. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Hello and welcome to the boards,! :)

5. Scars Unseen

Scars Unseen Jedi Padawan

Feb 28, 2013

I was indeed stationed here when I was in the Air Force, but I separated 3 years ago. I now live here because my wife is Japanese. I originally hail from Texas.

6. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Hello Scars Unseen! Always glad to meet new people. :) Hope that you enjoy your stay here.

7. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Welcome to the JCF!

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Okinawa?

[​IMG]

Your teacher show you how to fight with spear, eh?

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Don't know. Never been attacked by tree.

VadersLaMent likes this.