Lg.Is, NY Greetings from the 501st / Empire City Garrison

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by CureMode, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CureMode Jedi Padawan

Hi Folks, My name is Chris Feehan (TK-6744) from the 501st Legion's NY Chapter, The Empire City Garrison. I am the new Charity and Event Coordinator for Long Island, and I was wondering if any of your members were interested in joining the 501st, or partnering with us for any events on the Island. I have been a member for over two years, and done over 30 events with the ECG as a Stormtrooper. We do everything from Charity events, Promotional Events, Conventions, Weird Al Concerts, the Today Show, the Sci-Fi Science series, and the One Man Star Wars show, just to name a few. Please stop by our table at ICONS on Saturday to chat, and I can answer any questions about the 501st\ECG. I would also like to know more about Docking Bay 516, and how we may be able to work together to celebrate Star Wars and serve the community.

Empire City Garrison

My Stormtrooper site : TK6744
  2. TheBothanJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Hi Chris!

I'm Daniel, and I'm the President of Docking Bay 516.

We are familiar with both the 501st and the Rebel Legion and the kind of charity and promotional events events that both organizations do.

First, let me warn you that we are not a costuming group. Several of our members do have Rebel or Imperial costumes, but that is not the focus of our club.

That being said, we would be interested in meeting you, and possibly working together on future events on Long Island. We have had lots of fun and great success working with other Star Wars fan organizations on events in the past, and might be interested in doing the same with the 501st at some point in the future.

Most of our members will be at I-CON this weekend, either at our table, or in our programming room, Harriman Hall room 112. Feel free to stop by and talk to us any time during the convention.

Also, feel free to come to our April meeting on Sunday, April 11th. The meeting is at 11am at the food court of the Broadway Mall in Hicksville. We usually grab a table near the elevator. We'll be discussing how I-CON went, and proposing ideas for things to do over the next few months.

Talk to you soon.

-- Daniel Anderson
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.