main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Greetings from the Philippines

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Sorlac-Anoznal, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorlac-Anoznal

Sorlac-Anoznal Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2010
    Hey there guys/gals, new to the forum been keeping tabs on it for a week, seems like a pretty huge community. I'm from Asia and just started reading up on books and star wars wiki,got obsessed with stuff like the Sith's and Bounty Hunters outside the movies...

I listen to thrash and speed metal.[face_peace]
    Is there a thread with some cool fact and trivia dropping here?
    Peace out!

P.S. my username is just my name reversed hahaha.

2. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Hello Sorlac, welcome aboard! :)

The forums are not quite as active as they used to be some years ago, but yeah, I guess we're still a fairly big community. But easy to navigate, I'd say. :) I hope you'll have fun here!

What kind of trivia are you looking for? Facts about the movies? :confused:

I wish my name sounded half as good when spelled backwards. :p This really does sound like a SW character!

3. Sorlac-Anoznal

Oct 14, 2010
    Hehehe, thanks for the warm greetings comrade:)
    Any bounty hunter trivia threads? anything trivial about the movies or outside of it would be extremely awesome.
    [face_alien_1]

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Sorlac-Anoznal!

Your name looks really Star-Wars-ish, good choice! :D

I don't know a special random thread that you're looking for, but I would suggest to take a look at the different boards, since there you can find tons of information. And if you miss something, don't hesitate to contact one of the mods (you can find them mostly listed in the header). :)

Or maybe you have some luck and Morgaine knows one. She's good at finding those threads. :D

Enjoy your stay! :)

5. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    Hmm, sounds like I have a reputation to live up to. :-B ;)

So, let's see... [face_thinking] I'm not aware of any threads that simply list one trivia fact after the other - that wouldn't be quite right for a discussion forum I suppose. ;) We do have quite a few trivia games running in different sections of the boards, though - if you read through the questions and answers there, you can probably pick up quite a few things you didn't know. :)

Example: The Prequel Trivia Contest (plus older version with more questions).

Several FanForce Chapters have little trivia games too, see Buffalo, NY, Pittsburgh, PA or Salt Lake City, UT for examples. ;)

If you're really looking for a simple list of facts, there are probably other websites better suited to your needs. Example: I saw an article named 100 Things You Didn't Know About The Empire Strikes Back over at IGN the other day. But of course it's more fun when you can talk with other people instead of just reading the dry facts. :D

On the topic of bounty hunters I found surprisingly little, I'm afraid. I know there are lots of bounty hunter fans around, maybe I just haven't quite figured out where they're hiding yet! :p There is a Bounty Hunters Fan Club as well as a Fett Family Fan Club in the Star Wars Community, but both of them have been locked automatically due to six months of inactivity. :( You could talk to the moderators of the SW Community to get them re-opened, maybe you can get the discussion up and running again. :)

Well, I hope there's anything for you in those links... if it's not quite what you want yet, feel free to re-state your question and I'll try again. ;)

6. Sorlac-Anoznal

Oct 14, 2010
    Thanks a lot Morgaine you're awesome haha! I'll be looking into this for hours..
    Haha, I thought I was the only one who thought names reversed sounds very star wars-y.

Thanks for the greetings guys, I'll stick around to lurk for awhile.:)

[face_peace] out.

7. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Hello and welcome. :)

8. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    Oh, you're quite welcome. :D I had fun doing that research. ;)

I've actually seen someone else use the same technique with the backwards username before, but yours works exceptionally well. :D

Join us at the Newbie Party, if you like! :)

9. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Welcome to theforce.net.

There are many areas around here for all sorts of SW interests.

If you wish to exercise your imagination in roleplaying within the Star Wars universe itself (or other franchise), pop into the RPF (Role Playing Forum) Adoptions thread, and we will see what help we can be.

Alternately, you can jump straight over to the RPF, where we would love to see you.

Sith-I-5
    RPF Adoptions emergency medical hologram

10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Man, I totally missed this 8-} Welcome to the JC!! I hope you find what you're looking for in those threads :)

11. Herglic

Herglic Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2010
    Hello

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.