main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI Greetings from the RMFF

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by PtrsonsZOO, Aug 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Hey All!

I have some business in the Madison area very soon and was hoping maybe to arrange a FanForce visitation. I've done this in Minnesota & St. Louis on other trips and we've had people from Phoenix, Detroit & Juarez, Mexico visit the RMFF. We've had a lot of fun w/ these visits and would like to give it a go here in Madison.

Let me know if you might be interested in something like this. I don't have definative dates yet, but I'll let you know if there is any interest.

-Jennifer

2. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    That would be very cool! Let us know when things become a little more concrete for your trip, and we here in Madison will see what we can scrape together!

Maybe we'll even be official at that time! :D

Thanks for thinking of us for some fun on your trip!

3. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, the last time I was in Madison, it didn't look like you guys had really gotten started and I was strapped for time. But when I found out I was heading back there, I looked you up again and it looks like, pardon the cliche, "You've come a long way, baby!"

I'll keep in touch as soon as I know for sure. BTW-Anybody looking for an office job at a mall? The Westgate Mall is a property of my company's & the reason I'm getting ready to go back out is I'm going to have to train a new person, as soon as they hire them.

4. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Thanks for dropping our little corner of the FF Jennifer. I know that I would be really interested in meeting with you. More for a learning experience than anything.

As for the job offer, I can't think of anyone off hand, but I'll keep my eyes and ears open for anyone who is looking. (I am looking, but not the same job type - I'm a drafter) :)

As ToxicNed said, let us know about when you will be stopping by and we will gather everyone we can to meet you. Heck, I'll even invite the Milwuakee bunch. :D

5. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    I could use a Job ;)
    I'll wait until you say when your coming

6. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    BUt by then it would be too late. I'm coming out once we have hired someone, so I can train them in the ways of the Force, no wait, wrong job, the ways of the Mall.

7. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    I might have a job at East Towne anyway

8. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, it's official. I am on my way out to Madison, and it just happens to coincide w/ FilmCon! So, I hope to get to meet w/ some of you while I'm there.

9. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Sweet! PM me with contact info, if you would so like, and we (the group) can see about doing something together. Well, outside of Filmcon. :D

10. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, I'm hitting the road as of 4AM, so I'll just post now that I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at the Con! See you there!

11. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Welp, I say Friday we should get together with PtrsonsZOO and have her for dinner. I'm thinking a nice chianti with some fava beans... :D

But seriously, the Friday of the Con, I move for her to join us for din-din! Now where to go... :eek:

12. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Smokey Joes...or is it called Smokey Bones?

It's that new BBQ place by the mall.
    I've always wanted to go there.

13. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Smokey Bones. Ees danged good. Plus one of my workstudies works there. Gonna have to harass her for a discount. :p

14. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Sounds like fun!

Just checking in to see what's happening. Portland is nice (plenty of rain and great seafood :D ).

15. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, I'm in Denver for the night and getting ready to go and unpack, so that I can pack again [face_plain]

I'll be staying at the Radisson, under the name Jennifer Peterson. You can leave a message for me there or at the Westgate Mall Office (ask for me after 9AM and if for some reason I'm not there then ask to leave a message for me).

I'm going to be checking my email when I get into the hotel, so PMs are still a viable way of getting a hole of me. :)

See you all there!

16. Master-Jedi-Smith

Master-Jedi-Smith Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    Hi guys,

I've been lurking all this time. :p

But couldn't you take her some place that is native to Madison?

It's just one of those things that annoys me. When I visit a town, I like to eat somewhere that I can't if I'm somewhere else.

I'm not sure about your schedule, or your financial means, but I would think the Essen Haus would be cool to go to. (For you guys, not me. :p )

Or perhaps take her to breakfast at the Original Pancake House! :D

That's just my suggestions.

Take it easy! :D

Latre! :D

17. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Okay, that's a good idea. We're all going to eat at Master-Jedi-Smith's house! :D

18. Master-Jedi-Smith

May 26, 2002
  19. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    You think I'm kidding? I'm serious. Expect about 15 of us, and we'll be over around 6:30 pm. :p

20. Master-Jedi-Smith

May 26, 2002
    :eek:

:::runs around in a frantic to clean the house:::

I better not be stood up! :p

[face_laugh]

Where are you guys really going? Just wondering. :)

If you are going to Smokey Bones, that's cool too. ;)

(I'll be at Larados on the west side enjoying a Grande Margarita! :) )

21. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    There is to be no discussion of things alcoholic in nature. This is a family board.

22. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Hey guys (and ladies)!

I had a great time at dinner last night and an even better one at the Trivia Contest. I still chuckle a little when I think about that TaunTaun question ;)

Hope to see you again, next time I get dragged out here!

23. Master-Jedi-Smith

May 26, 2002
    There is to be no discussion of things alcoholic in nature. This is a family board.

:eek:

Opps! :p

24. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    I had a great time at dinner last night and an even better one at the Trivia Contest. I still chuckle a little when I think about that TaunTaun question

I think that answer is going to be the cause of my infamy. :eek:

Well, that and getting dragged up to dance for Lukeski's rendition of Yoda.

Was a blast having you out here PtrsonsZOO and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope your trip back is uneventful and safe.

25. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    I had a great time at dinner last night and an even better one at the Trivia Contest. I still chuckle a little when I think about that TaunTaun question

I think that answer is going to be the cause of my infamy. :eek:

Well, that and getting dragged up to dance for Lukeski's rendition of Yoda.

Was a blast having you out here PtrsonsZOO and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope your trip back is uneventful and safe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.