Knox, TN Greetings from.....

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by -Face-, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Face- Jedi Padawan

FFUK! We're all getting lonely over on our boards so please come on over and say hello!
  2. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
  3. MasterChapRimera Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks like he gave you away Loon!

at least, I'm guessing it's Loon
  4. Jedi_Loon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Bollocks, oh well hey folks!

Thanks for replying Jar Jar and hello how are you?

5. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello yourself, and to answer your question:

BUSY!!!

I am working like nuts today and I haven't had the time to post much.. How about you fine folks?
  6. halibut Chosen One

star 8
  7. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi Hal, how's it goin'?
  8. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    "Long distance information give me Memphis, Tennessee..."

Hey from Dork-Vader and the Memphis Fan Force!
  9. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello! Did anyone else make it to adcon this week-end?

I had a BLAST!!!
  10. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Just dropping in to let you know that the eye sees all... ;)

Just feeling silly. Please excuse your RSA's momentary insanity. :p
  11. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    It's not your fault Minacia. Those crazed UK FFer's brought their mad cow disease back over here and now it's infecting the whole Southeast..

This sounds like a job for the A-Team.

Just kidding guys!
  12. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    The A-Team? Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time. :p
  13. DVDMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    The A-Team? Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time.

You can see the magnificant 4 again on DVD as of yesterday.

AdCon was a blast thanks for hosting all of us KnoxVegas! If we could get an AdCon in Nashville (perfect place for AdCon 3.5) some think it could be the largest 501st turnout, ever! Hope to see more of you at DragonCon.
  14. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    Heee Heee I remember you :p

We all went to I hop together. I am glad you had fun.
  15. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Y'know, having AdCon in Nashville really isn't a bad idea. Marcus would be the one to bring that up with, and I'm pretty sure the AdCon website has a mail link on it you can use to contact him, so I'd try that.

And please guys, stop talking about how fun the con was... Just kidding, but I hope somebody took pictures.
  16. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    try

http://www.thejawa.com/nuke/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album=178 try these from the jawa

or http://hauntedweb.com/v-web/gallery/albums.php

or http://www.swsyndicate.com/php-bin/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=56 Alabama syndicate
  17. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes! Just what I wanted to see, thanks Angi!
  18. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, but important thing, did you see me, LOL
  19. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    I saw you in that group shot for the TSWCG folks and it looks like you're ready to go home. The table was again awesome this year, but what's up with the stuff on the floor in front of you guys? I see a Doc Oc toy, I think a carnage toy, and a Tusken Raider mask.

Was it some sacrifice to the collector gods?
  20. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    LOL, no that was matt's stuff, he took the picture and had that stuff in his hand, he is a tuskan in the 501st. He must have laid it down. About going home, heck yeah I was ready, I think I got 4 hours sleep in three days!!! I had fun though.
  21. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Will definitely hit next year's AdCon. We were able to drive up from Memphis, crash at a friend's house in Chattanooga, then drive up with him and his son (and Stabbo!) the next morning. We made a day trip out of it, then headed to Gatlinburg for a few hours and a couple of haunts.

Would love to see an AdCon in Nashville. It would be an easy drive and I've got friends to hang/crash with up there, too! I'm sure several of the Memphis Fan Force would drive up for it.

Congrats on an excellent con/show- and thanks for the airconditioning!
  22. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Do they not have air conditioning in Memphis? ;)

EDIT: I hate animated emotes even more than regular emotes.
  23. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Apparently not at cons! The past two- MSC and ShadowCon were roasters! Don't know what was up at MidSouth, but the weather was really cold the week before and then went REALLY warm right at ShadowCon. It was in January and I guess they had the heat on and didn't get it turned down/off during con. At MSC in March, I had a jedi outfit on for about an hour before I said to heck with it and changed!
  24. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Well given your experiences I can definitely see where you're coming from. While I haven't been unfortunate enough to have something like that happen at a con I wanted to go to, I can definitely relate to what you're saying.

For my work I volunteered to man their booth at this Home Show Expo back in April. It was a fairly nice show as those type of things go (I mean seriously, how exciting can vinyl siding demonstrations and carpet samples be?) but the thing was my booth was straight across from this place that makes gas hearths and stoves and I thought I was going to die from all the heat. I had to do my stint there for 4 hours, but by hour 3 I was in and out of consciousness and the rest of it is kind of a blur. I got a free T-Shirt from the deal, kinda' like the ones you get when you donate blood, so it was totally worth it.

Oh and btw, how was MSC (besides being hot)? I always thought I might go and check it out, but the drive has kept me from it so far.

25. DVDMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    MSC was a blast! I didn't realize the heat was unusual, but I do remember sweating buckets. MSC is a great party con (not quite like D*Con from my understanding) and there's no better way than to hang with the 501st!

Well, to add a little fuel to the AdCon fire, the best of my pictures from AdCon 3 can be found here
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.