main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO Greetings HotA

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by litllejedi, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. litllejedi

litllejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2001
    Hi all my name is litllejedi and I am co-founder and current president of the Macon Clones.

www.maconclones.com

I will be making a trip up to Kansas City during the last week of June and I would like the chance to meet some or all of you. I will be in town between 7/24 and 7/30 while I compete in a machining contest. I would love to sit in on an official meeting, but I'll take what I can get.

I was also wondering if some of you who are familiar with KC could offer suggestions on entertainment during my stay. This will be my first trip to KC so I dont know what the town has to offer.

Thanks in advance

LJ

2. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    Hi. So I have to ask, Macon, MO or Macon, GA??? (dumb questions I'm sure) My wife and I tend to be out of town the last weekend in July and we don't typically have a lot of big events during that month anyway, but I'm sure there'll be something going on. We have a lot of events through the the next few weeks and then Aug/Sept/Oct, but late June and July are pretty bare right now... Keep checking here, or our website www.heartofthealliance.net We'll have to talk those that will be here into throwing something that weekend.

As for what to do, it depends on what you are in to. nightlife, sports, art, sightseeing, etc. Let us know and we can make some more 'tailored' suggestions.

3. litllejedi

litllejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2001
    I apologize for the confusion I meant to say late June instead of July.

The clones are based in Macon, GA.

I would be more interested in sightseeing and show/theater type entertainment. Maybe there are some significant sci-fi points of interest nearby. For example; on a trip to DesMoines, Iowa a few years ago we, by chance, happend across a small theater costume shop (in a perimeter town) that had one of the Yoda puppets from ESB on dispay and for sale. Since they would'nt accept drool as viable payment it was most certainly out of my price range but well worth seeing. I plan to take a trip down to Hornet to try and catch a glimpse of the spook light.

Thanks again for your help.

4. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    Last weekend in June, huh? Well, I think that's the weekend that some of us will be at a 'lake weekend' and doing a little 'acting' up at a small town about 2 hours north and east, on the Iowa/Missouri border; some of the costuming folks anyway. It's though the local (for there) theatre guild (to which my wife's aunt belongs) so we were invited to participate and we're trying to see what other folks can help out.

Let me think, I know of a couple costume places, but I don't recall ever seeing anything like what you describe. Actually, I've only been to one of them, the other I've just driven by and they may be better for find hidden treasures. We do have a recurring Costume/Prop night, and we MAY have a second 'lightsaber building day', maybe even during your time here... That's still being planned and is tentative though. We have some pretty good propmakers around here, one of our members is even having his steampunk props featured in a real art gallery show in Sept. I'll keep my eyes open for any other ideas (at least when I get back from LA, gotta get back to packing/cleaning... flight leaves tonight!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.