main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Greetings your exalted ones

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by mAT-AT Driver, Feb 20, 2015.

1. mAT-AT Driver

mAT-AT Driver Jedi Padawan

Feb 20, 2015
    Hi,

I'm Matt—new here. Obviously a Star Wars fan. I was born in '75...have loved Star Wars since a child. Still have many of my old Kenner toys and still collect most things related to Star Wars.

Also love the 80s, most 80s toys and I collect records (vinyl), books, comics, and too much thrift store/ garage sale type stuff.

Star Wars is probably what initiated this collector's mentality and has always been my main love.

BultarSwan likes this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Welcome!

3. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    Welcome to the forums! Hope you will enjoy your time here.

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome mAT-mAT Driver! :)

So many things? You must have a very big house or at least a extremely big storage room. ;) I'd love to collect more things, but if I do that, I couldn't move in my home anymore within a few days. :p

Have fun and don't miss the collecting board! Great place! :D

5. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Hello and welcome! :)

Btw, are you interested in learning light side of the Force, mAT-mAT Driver? :D We got a fan club in the EUC section that are looking for members that want to join us in an amazing journey with RP and learning light side of the Force. If you are interested, tag me or pm me. :D

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Hello and Welcome. :D I'm not a collector but I also like star wars old school. Plus I always liked the AT-AT driver so that's a good choose for your avatar.

7. mAT-AT Driver

Feb 20, 2015
    Thanks for the warm welcomes everybody!

I actually live in a one-bedroom apartment. It's big for Toronto, but not big enough. I am constantly figuring out new places to stick shelves, boxes, and so on. I do have a big storage locker :). I will definitely check out the collecting board!

Jedi Master Kenobiwan: I would like to see the Light Side of the Force Fan Club in the EUC. I will look at that section as soon as I get a chance. Thanks for the invite!!!

Chancellor Yoda: Thanks for the compliments! I feel I should have made my name mAT-AT instead of mAT-mAT. I guess it's too late now. O'well. I always enjoyed the At-At drivers too! They are much like the TIE Fighter pilots, but with different colours. To be honest, I chose him more cause it was a play on my real name, Matt more than an absolute devotion to the character, but nevertheless, they are definitely super cool!!!

Thanks again everybody! I've perused the board a bit and it's really cool. Glad I stumbled across it!

BultarSwan likes this.
  8. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Iron_lord likes this.
  9. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    It's never too late. If you really want to change your name, you can do that. Read this thread (first post) for more information. :)

Here's the link to the collecting board. For your collection, you must have found some really clever ways to keep them in your one room apartment... I can't even imagine that when I think about the tons of things that are out there.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome I hope you enjoy it here.

11. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Hey mAT mAT Driver. Glad I found your thread. An official welcome to you! I am also a member of the Guardians of Light and I have to say it's a fun group (but then, so is all of the Expanded Universe Community (EUC). If you have any questions about anything let me know. :)

12. mAT-AT Driver

Feb 20, 2015
    Hi and thanks BultarSwan! I looked at the Guardians of Light group via the link that was kindly provided by Jedi Master Kenobiwan. It looks interesting for sure. However, I am nearing the end of my 3rd year at university and I work part time. Given this schedule, I'm not sure I would be able to fulfill the required amount of post to remain an active member at this point. Perhaps at a later time when I am able to be more devoted, I will join the group. It certainly looks fun!

Just noticing your tag line "swimming, the only interesting sport." That is funny. One of the benefits of being in school at the moment is free access to the three (!!!) pools the school has. I go swimming about everyday. :)

I'd just like to say thanks again for all the welcomes! I surprisingly do not know many people who share my passion for Star Wars, so it is neat to have stumbled upon these forums!!!

Ananta Chetan and BultarSwan like this.
  13. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    You can definitely be a member without getting into all the role playing we do. Your level of involvement is entirely up to you. :)

Woah! Lucky! I have access to a pool but only twice a week and I have to pay for it. :p

And yeah same here irl. I don't know many geeks/nerds. Sad day. Moved here last year and it's okay I suppose but I lack good conversation on interesting topics.

14. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Swannie is right, I'm part of GoL but I'm not a part of all those crazy RP games some of them are in. :p

Iron_lord likes this.
  15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  16. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003

It's true. She can do crazy all by herself! :D

17. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    *Ahem* I don't do crazy thing. :p

You know that. [face_batting]

Iron_lord likes this.
  18. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Yes you do! Just when you think I'm not looking. ;)

Stick around mATT-mATT you'll find good friends here. :)

19. mAT-AT Driver

Feb 20, 2015

I guess I don't have "free" access to a pool. It sounds nice to tell myself that, but I'm sure I'm paying quite a bit for it in tuition payments :( My guess is whatever you pay to go swim is a lot cheaper than what I'm being charged, haha. Anyway...it's not like my tuition is cheaper if I don't go swimming, so it is nice to take advantage of. :)

So, I probably didn't look over the Guardians of Light Board to throughly. I will check it out as soon as I get the chance—probably Wednesday.

Thanks for all your help, tips, and and again the constant new welcomes!!! I'm really excited to be more involved with discussions and getting to know everybody!

20. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    When is that? [face_batting]

Iron_lord likes this.
  21. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Ack! Tuition payments! Hisssss! But yeah very good point. If my college campus was closer and they had a pool I'd SO go there. :D

Sounds good. Even if it's just to say hello. :)

That's the plan, man! (sorry, rhyming moment because I was up an hour later and up two hours earlier)