main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii greetings!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by tk-7603, May 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tk-7603

tk-7603 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2003
    hey all, greeting from teh NYC/San Diego FF Chapters!

Just dropped in to say hi to our pacific buddies!

2. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    howz it going? aloha.....

3. FuimusMaximus

FuimusMaximus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    uh....hey, howzit goin? :D

4. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Ey Howzit?
    I just back from Hawai'i, I went to Kauai, then Oahu/Honolulu. I have relatives in living in Manoa, and my sister lives in Makiki. Anyway, I went shopping at Town and Country in Ala Moana, and I paid for my stuff with my Star Wars Credit Card (Darth Vader) and the guy behind the counter said he had the same credit card! I wondered if he was one of you guys?
    I love Hawai'i, and I wish I could move there.. but the traffic in Honolulu is so bad yah? (I'm from Los Angeles, so I know what bad traffic is) Plus there's hardly anywhere to buy Star Wars toys! :)

Aloha and MTFBWY.

5. JarJarIsBoba

JarJarIsBoba Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    Well, since the bus strike, traffic has never been the same.

Compared to the mainland, yes, there's hardly anywhere to buy SW collectibles (cheaply). There are specialty stores on Waialae Avenue but it can get pricey.

When a SW movie is around the corner and all the merchandise come out, it can get crazy here, though.

6. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    WalMart, ToyzRUs, and a few specialty shops. The military exchanges carry a selection when the movies come out. I usually end up buying online through Amazon.com which is think is ToysRUs, sometimes QVC.

Glad you enjoyed yourself here. Yes, when you come to visit, bring lotza money. Traffic is going from bad to worse to worst. Just got home from work, so I don't know the latest on the bus strike.

7. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    The bus driver strike must be driving you guys crazy. I know my sister usually takes the bus from Makiki to Downtown, but now she just walks.. it's over 2 miles. She has a car, but parking's too expensive.
    I love Hawaii.. I really wish I could move there. But if I could find a job, I would probably be making half of what I'm making here in CA. I don't know if I could survive. But then again, all I need is some poke, a spam musubi, and an Aloha Maid Passion Orange drink, and I'm happy.

8. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    well, if you could bunk on your sister's couch, you're ok. Housing and food here are the highest cost. A 20# of rice is about $4.00, and find the spam on sale. You can actually walk to most places. The bus strike will end soon, and the monthly bus pass will go up, but that's still cheaper than gasoline and auto insurance. So, in the meantime, start saving your pennies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.